Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MaverickXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anybody found a popular gas station such as Walmart that you actually get the amount of gas the Maverick can hold Walmart has me at full at 313 miles to empty i have had Marathon give me 400 miles to empty but Marathon Gas stations isn't that popular
Sponsored

OP
OP
Athens Maverick

Athens Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MaverickXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have no idea what you are asking, but the gas station brand is not going to relevant in any case.
Asking since Marathon gives me 400 miles from full to empty and Walmart gives me 313 from full to empty what place would you most likely find that would also give 400 from full to empty ie shell,bp, etc

OP
OP
Athens Maverick

Athens Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MaverickXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

"Miles to empty" tells you how much gas you have remaining in your tank. Where you buy your gas has no effect on that number.
So how did I have 400 miles to empty now getting 313 miles to empty it's not consistent miles from full to empty

Sponsored

WoodWorks

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do I have less gas in the tank both times I have filled up the tank to full
Well, it could be a number of things:
1. Most likely: you didn't actually fill your tank as full on your "313" fill up versus your "400" fill up. Perhaps the flow rate was faster at the "313" gas station, and the nozzle clicked off earlier than it did at the "400" gas station.
2. You were driving more aggressively after your "313" fill up versus your "400" fill up.
Seriously, the "miles to empty" number is an estimate, based on your current driving conditions. One might even call it a "guesstimate." Bottom line: The brand of gas you buy has no effect whatsoever on the "miles to empty" number that the car's display shows you. Zero. You might notice a very slight difference by using gas with different octane ratings. But where you buy your gas has no effect on "Miles to Empty." Really!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So how did I have 400 miles to empty now getting 313 miles to empty it's not consistent miles from full to empty
Then your driving was not consistent. Brand has no effect on the computer's calculation on MTE.

Sponsored

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As said, a lot depends on IF you let the nozzle click of and stop there. Because of the speed of flow the faster flows will get the nozzle to click off before the slower flow. IF I fill my tank and want to get it the same amount of full each time, AFTER the nozzle clicks off I manually slow the rate of flow and listen to what the gas "sounds" like as it is getting full and try to make it "sound" that way each time I fill up.

OP
OP
Athens Maverick

Athens Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MaverickXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, it could be a number of things:
1. Most likely: you didn't actually fill your tank as full on your "313" fill up versus your "400" fill up. Perhaps the flow rate was faster at the "313" gas station, and the nozzle clicked off earlier than it did at the "400" gas station.
2. You were driving more aggressively after your "313" fill up versus your "400" fill up.
Seriously, the "miles to empty" number is an estimate, based on your current driving conditions. One might even call it a "guesstimate." Bottom line: The brand of gas you buy has no effect whatsoever on the "miles to empty" number that the car's display shows you. Zero. You might notice a very slight difference by using gas with different octane ratings. But where you buy your gas has no effect on "Miles to Empty." Really!
Ok option 1 sounds more likely just need to find one that has a slower or more even gas flow to maximize the distance to empty

OP
OP
Athens Maverick

Athens Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MaverickXL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Then your driving was not consistent. Brand has no effect on the computer's calculation on MTE.
I drive city highway and expressway depending on where I am going
Sponsored