First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was the best review so far, tires are key, a locking rear diff would really change things.

The sticker price through, WTF, $36,515? I got the FX4, Max Tow, XLT mine was $30,400 out the door with tax.
They tested a Lariat, you’re not comparing the same when you’re saying WTF about the price. LARIATS COST MORE!
Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having owned two outbacks I knew what they were and what they weren't. Awesome vehicle but damn hard to bring an oven home with. I was interested in the FX4 but kind of see I made the right choice (for me) in not getting it. Did't climb vastly better.
Main problem I had was the skid plate, I travel in a LOT of grass and weeds and they will tend to pack up on top of the skidplate and that increases the chances of fire. I almost learned the hard way (smelled smoke) on the first outback and ended up ripping of the plastic underneath the engine. The second Outback I ripped off immediately after purchase.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I ended up ordering the XLT luxury package, FX4, rear manual window, and sunroof, for 31k that's with a dealer 1k markup.
With what you note as options, the sticker per build and price would be $31,175, adding a 1k markup to that somehow doesn’t = 31k.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
His is the lariat.
Yes, but momma wouldn’t have gotten her heated leatherette seats, steering wheel and B&O sound system, separate climate and push button start.
I had to keep momma happy, I don’t know what his reasoning was. 😊

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am glad l have xlt fx4 . it will work for me . at 31 k out the door it was worth it .

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, but momma wouldn’t have gotten her heated leatherette seats, steering wheel and B&O sound system, separate climate and push button start.
I had to keep momma happy, I don’t know what his reasoning was. 😊
+ Powered back window, ACC, etc and the all important back of drivers seat storage pocket :)

nelsont

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
That was the best review so far, tires are key, a locking rear diff would really change things.

The sticker price through, WTF, $36,515? I got the FX4, Max Tow, XLT mine was $30,400 out the door with tax.
Lariet.

nelsont

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Having owned two outbacks I knew what they were and what they weren't. Awesome vehicle but damn hard to bring an oven home with. I was interested in the FX4 but kind of see I made the right choice (for me) in not getting it. Did't climb vastly better.
Main problem I had was the skid plate, I travel in a LOT of grass and weeds and they will tend to pack up on top of the skidplate and that increases the chances of fire. I almost learned the hard way (smelled smoke) on the first outback and ended up ripping of the plastic underneath the engine. The second Outback I ripped off immediately after purchase.
night and day difference, Mavrick climbed in no mode selected.

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
night and day difference, Mavrick climbed in no mode selected.
This right here is why I just optioned my maverick I just ordered with just the 4k tow package and a couple of other musts as far as the bed and interior, namely the spray in liner and all weather floor liners.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree the other selections did not improve the climbing ability much
Well it did, what people are missing is how much the dirt got loosened up between the Subaru climb, the Maverick first climb and all the climbs after.
if you factor that in to the climbs, the Maverick did outstanding and those other modes definitely helped..
Sponsored