Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Why do you believe aftermarket SIBL companies couldn't cause the same issue?

For me I am going with the hard drop-in bedliner as it looks great and I loved the one I had on my 1998 Ford Ranger.
Not only would you not know that it was done, getting the fuel tank replaced brings up a whole other headache in proving who did it since it wouldn't be covered under the Ford warranty (unless done by the dealer).
Agreed on both counts. In fact, seeing this recall makes me want to opt in for the factory spray-in if I wanted one, and just further enforces my preference for getting as much factory equipment and the least amount of aftermarket equipment as possible. Ford saw a problem, and the only things the owners are out are a bit of time and inconvenience to schedule an inspection and replacement.

But as for my bed liner preference, after having all the popular choices out there (hard drop in, spray in, Bed Rug, Dual Liner, Dee-Zee rubber bed mat, Weather Tech bed liner), my choice would a hard drop-in that is below the rails. Doesn't work for everyone, but works the best for me.
Sponsored

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good Summary of the actions that created the 'Stop!' order, and the 'fix' to fix. These items stand out, with interpretation, IMHO:

* Ground Effects (GFX) is the 'offsite' SIBL supplier, who decided to use a "not-approved" method to clear 9 holes plugged during the process [big "oops!"]
* Start-Stop dates for when this occurred = May 20-October 29, 2021
* The affected units were NOT produced in VIN order

This glitch adds manufacturing and "1st Year Production" intrigue in addition to the wait that continues, hoping to receive something/anything on a 9/21 Lariat Lux Order that still includes a SIBL at time of writing. It's hoped this glitch doesn't squirrel the SIBL deal...

[we now return to our regularly scheduled programming...]

NOLAguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
does it matter who:unsure: did it? On or off premise aren't they still a factory worker?

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agreed on both counts. In fact, seeing this recall makes me want to opt in for the factory spray-in if I wanted one, and just further enforces my preference for getting as much factory equipment and the least amount of aftermarket equipment as possible. Ford saw a problem, and the only things the owners are out are a bit of time and inconvenience to schedule an inspection and replacement.

But as for my bed liner preference, after having all the popular choices out there (hard drop in, spray in, Bed Rug, Dual Liner, Dee-Zee rubber bed mat, Weather Tech bed liner), my choice would a hard drop-in that is below the rails. Doesn't work for everyone, but works the best for me.
I had a York drop-in bed liner put in on my 2000 F-350 Super Duty when I first bought it. After 21 years I took it out when I was getting ready to sell the truck and the bed still looked like it did the day it left the factory.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like this should have been caught at some point in the process. Gas really stinks even old tanks that have pinholes reek like you poured gas all over the vehicle. You would think someone around it on the line or loading would have said this truck really smells.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It wasn't done on the assembly line since the spray-in liner is done off site, and was when they were cleaning out the drain holes in the bed of the spray-in liner material.
WARNING TO DIY FLEX BEDDERS!!!
WATCH WHERE YOU DRILL!!!🤬🤬👺

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like this should have been caught at some point in the process. Gas really stinks even old tanks that have pinholes reek like you poured gas all over the vehicle. You would think someone around it on the line or loading would have said this truck really smells.
They couldn't have caught it on the line since the spray-in is done after the vehicle has been built and off site. Another thing is that they don't fill the fuel tanks at the factory. Only enough gas gets put in to move it around till it gets delivered.

Last edited:
Sponsored

xaja34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado
Good Summary of the actions that created the 'Stop!' order, and the 'fix' to fix. These items stand out, with interpretation, IMHO:

* Ground Effects (GFX) is the 'offsite' SIBL supplier, who decided to use a "not-approved" method to clear 9 holes plugged during the process [big "oops!"]
* Start-Stop dates for when this occurred = May 20-October 29, 2021
* The affected units were NOT produced in VIN order

This glitch adds manufacturing and "1st Year Production" intrigue in addition to the wait that continues, hoping to receive something/anything on a 9/21 Lariat Lux Order that still includes a SIBL at time of writing. It's hoped this glitch doesn't squirrel the SIBL deal...

[we now return to our regularly scheduled programming...]
Recalls by VIN #
https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does it matter who:unsure: did it? On or off premise aren't they still a factory worker?
By your statement that would mean that any spray-in bedliner that you get (like Line-X) is done by factory workers.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good, then I guess my 12/20/21 build date isn't affected then. By either of the Recalls out now for the Maverick.
Same here. My build date was 12/13, bumped to today, and the dealer sees 12/23, though the "in Production" note was activated on 12/16. No window sticker yet. But hopefully this means we've missed the issues. Too soon to say, as there could be something more. But this kind of reconciles me to waiting this long for production. (Order confirmed 6/14).

Update! Got our window sticker on 12/23! Shows 12/15/21 as what I think is the start production date, and 12/23/2021 at the very bottom, which is likely the blend date. Sweet! Delivery still shows as TBD.

Last edited:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Subcontractor.
So? The badge says Ford and I bought from Ford.

I don't care whose mistake it was.

I hope this is not the start to a long list of issues.