Vaughn

First Name
Vaughn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (Maverick soon)
Hi Everyone,

So I’m thinking of selling my 2022 Ford Maverick. I’m located in the Corpus Christi area and wanted to gauge any interest before reaching out to dealers. I’ve been wanting to go back to a stick shift for awhile now and finally got the chance with a recent find.

I currently have an Alto blue Lariat Hybrid with both the Lux and 360 package. It also has a spray in bed liner. Currently about 3400 miles on it. I bought it at the end of April (ordered June 21) so only been driving it a couple months. Not sure on pricing yet but probably whatever KBB says. Feel free to message me with any questions or interest.

Ford Maverick Maverick For Sale F96D89B8-4220-413D-95E3-3670B11D52DA
Sponsored

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right now the used car market is in free-fall. If you want to sell/trade, better do it sooner rather than later. There are a couple of threads right not on MTC talking about the difference a month has made (i.e., $3k-$6k lower offers today from the major used var companies verus last month).

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right now the used car market is in free-fall. If you want to sell/trade, better do it sooner rather than later. There are a couple of threads right not on MTC talking about the difference a month has made (i.e., $3k-$6k lower offers today from the major used var companies verus last month).
These are almost exclusively related to Carvana and Vroom. They are not the only games in town.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Beautiful truck / color!!

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealership offered 35K for trade in.
Don't create a panic the market is not in free fall, unless you think asking $8k over msrp instead of $10k qualifies as free fall. I think demand for the inexpensive Mav will actually increase when tens of thousands 2023 orders are placed but those people can't wait 12-18 months for delivery because their cars crashed or are on their last legs.

The dealer by me is asking +$15k for base eco (non-hybrid) XLTs! Not even a tow hitch receiver. Your dealer will take your trade and probably ask +$15k. Don't give away your equity, that is like selling a stock at a big discount.

Sell it retail yourself rather than trade or to a wholesale flipper like Carvana. Advertise on Craigslist (costs $5) for a little less than you see Dealer prices. Go to the bank with your buyer and watch him or her deposit a cashiers check into your account. Then immediately drive to Auto Club or the DMV to transfer title and release your liability on the spot. Deal done the same day and you know you will get full payment.

Or here is another idea, keep you Mav as a hedge against future price increases due to inflation announced at 9% last month and supply chain still a problem. The hybrid gas savings should offset the extra $100/mo in insurance. Spread the miles out and both vehicles should last twice as long.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi Everyone,

So I’m thinking of selling my 2022 Ford Maverick. I’m located in the Corpus Christi area and wanted to gauge any interest before reaching out to dealers. I’ve been wanting to go back to a stick shift for awhile now and finally got the chance with a recent find.

I currently have an Alto blue Lariat Hybrid with both the Lux and 360 package. It also has a spray in bed liner. Currently about 3400 miles on it. I bought it at the end of April (ordered June 21) so only been driving it a couple months. Not sure on pricing yet but probably whatever KBB says. Feel free to message me with any questions or interest.

F96D89B8-4220-413D-95E3-3670B11D52DA.jpeg
Window sticker?

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealership offered 35K for trade in.
jump on that offer in my opinion. (or at the least, go with out of convenience. Yes, they will ask more, but their offer is still over what you paid new)

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you haven't already sold it, please let me know how to contact you. Pretty much exactly what I'm trying to order...

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how this thread made it onto my "Yesterday's Most Popular New Topics"??? Unless by "Yesterday" they really meant 14 months ago.
Sponsored