Sponsored

Deleted member 1157

Comprehensive info. Much appreciation for folks who take the time to put together videos like this one.

(May you all not need to apply this information for a long, long time.)
Are you really in Hawaii? The geology looks like you're in North America someplace.
Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you really in Hawaii? The geology looks like you're in North America someplace.
It's good to know how changing a tire (or two) is done in different places around the world.

If this goes bad they will either get some serious rug burn or 70 virgins ;)

Rusty Tom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for posting the video. I will have to check fitting sizes, but it looks like a stout 1/2" breaker bar with a 1/2" impact socket from a local pawn shop might come in handy. A hundred forty-eight foot pounds of torque are going to put up a fight. At least they spec the spare tire valve facing down. My Tundra wants it up, where it is impossible to check and top off without lowering the tire.

Sponsored

brkr12002

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 280zx, 03 nissan maxima, 05 350Z
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for posting the video. I will have to check fitting sizes, but it looks like a stout 1/2" breaker bar with a 1/2" impact socket from a local pawn shop might come in handy. A hundred forty-eight foot pounds of torque are going to put up a fight. At least they spec the spare tire valve facing down. My Tundra wants it up, where it is impossible to check and top off without lowering the tire.
My thoughts too. Gonna pick up a harbor freight breaker bar and leave it in the truck

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolute torcher to watch, my hart goes out to this woman for her efforts. She is stating it herself. This spare tire replacement was designed by trol. Absolutely no consideration to the user in case of an emergency. She is in the comfort of her own garage and the amount of time spent is ridiculous. 20 year olds should not be designing anything that they have not personally done themselves. And don't get started on the neutral diel issue of popping back in to park. What a joke.

Jocko1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Comprehensive info. Much appreciation for folks who take the time to put together videos like this one.

(May you all not need to apply this information for a long, long time.)
Thank you, what size socket would I need when using my 1/2" drive torque wrench for the lug nuts‽

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the full size spare tire on an xl rim or is it on a special rim? I'm wondering if I could replace it with the same tire I have on the other 4 wheels. I believe the socket is 21 mm.

Last edited:

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What an engaging, charming, and elegant young woman this is, signed Captain Obvious.
Thanks for finding and posting this.
Sponsored