hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
I got to test drive my first maverick.
Ive got the Thank my salesman Broderick, and his dealership, Superior Ford in Plymouth MN, for allowing me to drive this beauty. Ive already ordered a hybrid XLT, way back in June, and want to know how it felt on the road. Which to me , felt alot like a small SUV. Higher seating position than a sedan, and a smooth ride.
This one was fully loaded, and Lariet and First Edition, so it had alot of equipment mine wont have. I was really surprised, in a good way about the interior. All the pictures Ive seen, the interior just wasnt to my liking. I preferr having cloth seats, and the brown and blue just didnt seem to be a hit with me. But I was pleasantly surprised. The seats were very comfortable. I could see me taking this on a long road trip and being in total comfort. Plenty of room inside, doesnt feel small at all. The ride is nice, but there was some road noise from the tires, and the tar snakes in the road were transmitted back. I think these are the optional tires, that come with the first edition.
The engine felt peppy and had lots of get up and go. There wont be any problem pulling away from a light and holding anyone up. The transmission was smooth and has almost imperceptible shifts, the cabin is quiet, the sound sytem doesnt need to to be cranked up much, to fully appreciate it.
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5805.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5805.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5806.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5807.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5808.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5811.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5810.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5812.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5813.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5814.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5815.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5816.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5817.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5818.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5819.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5820.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5821.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5822.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5823.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5824.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5825.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5826.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5827.JPG
Ford Maverick Maverick first edition IMG_5828.JPG

Handling felt good, it held my lane without much input, and because it was a friday morning late rush hour in the NW suburbs of the cities, the highway was clogged with cars. When we got to an area free from traffic, it easily got up to 75 mph and felt confident, I could do this for hours, and smile.
3 full size guys were inside, we all had plenty of room, and didnt have to talk loud to be heard by each other. The heated wheel and heated seats were nice and worked well. It was in the upper 30s here in MN.
Kind of a cloudy and gloomy morning so the colors dont show well. However its a beautiful truck. The tinted windows seem even darker than the sale brochures show them, I even had trouble taking a picture of the window sticker beause its so dark
At the end, I parked next to a Tacoma, and although the width of the Mav is less, it felt much bigger inside.
This Mav is a dealership vehicle, and is for sale. It has too many things I dont want, for me to make an offer on it. I want the hybrid, and the mileage that comes with it. I think it had every option except the the FX4 package. Its even got the upgraded sound system.
Fit and finish was very acceptable, I didnt notice any issue with the paint.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got to test drive my first maverick.
IMG_5824.JPG

This Mav is a dealership vehicle, and is for sale. It has too many things I dont want, for me to make an offer on it. I want the hybrid, and the mileage that comes with it. I think it had every option except the the FX4 package. Its even got the upgraded sound system.
Fit and finish was very acceptable, I didnt notice any issue with the paint.
Did they have a dealer mark up added beyond the MSRP?

OP
OP
hondabuster

hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
Did they have a dealer mark up added beyond the MSRP?
Yes. I believe its because they want to hang on to it for awhile, so more people can test drive it. I think itll be their only dealer truck for a long time
Sponsored