First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take a look at the 1st page of this thread - Ford has released a spreadsheet to the dealers indicating the parameters of these rates, and that they will be available until the end of March next year
All I see on the first page is an announcement that "guaranteed acceptance" will be available until March 31. Nothing there about rates.

Have you seen something (maybe the spreadsheet you mentioned?) that says the current rates will be available through March?

I'm really interested in this because I want to lock in the 0%-36mo rate if I can.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dave Ramsey has helped a lot of people who have found themselves in debt trouble and need organizational and motivational help. But his assumptions don't work as well with financially secure people who have ample funds and are simply looking for the most effective way to apply them.
HE speaks from experience since the man filed personal BK. He is good to help people understand how to get out of debt, but when it comes to people who don't have the problem and understand how the financial world works, his advice is useless.

Saying that there are people on this forum who will never feel comfortable holding the cash and making payments even when they get .9 or 0%. This is what makes the world go around.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depending on the dealer, 3K is the max on a CC.
Strong VW let me put $5k down last time, I know of one recent situation where a dealership allowed someone to put the entire OTD price on a CC. But yes, $3k seems to be the general limit.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many posts against paying cash....no love for the first person to hold a Maverick title in their hand? :)

Sponsored

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just paid off my last Ford.......6 year 0% interest and my payments were less than what I saved when I refinanced my home.........SO FREE CAR.........LOVE free money. I charge everything I buy and pay it off when credit card bill is due plus I get cash back for charging.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only if you bring $10K or over in actual cash to the deal.

Never do that. Only drug dealers looking to launder money do that (bring actual cash).

Bring your checkbook.
I havent had a checkbook in 8 years. Are you the one holding up the line at the store? :ROFLMAO:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had a checkbook in 8 years. Are you the one holding up the line at the store? :ROFLMAO:
I have a checking account and a checkbook.

I need the checking account for direct deposits and ATM transactions.

Everything else is ETF transfers to pay bills, charge cards, city water bill etc.

The last check I wrote was two years ago for property taxes. This year the property tax office joined the 21st century and offered direct ETF payment so that eliminated that one. Wife still writes checks for church.

No I am not holding up anyone as I pay for everything I can with my rebate charge cards. Note the word "charge" not "credit" as I pay in full each month so no interest is ever paid. I have earned over $14,000 in rebates over the last 20+ years. I also earned $3536 in Ford rebates on the old Ford Mastercard and used it on my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab purchase.

In December when I pay for my Maverick I will transfer the amount required from my online savings account to my checking account then pay in full with a check.

For those who pay-in-full do not bring a wad of cash. Only those who are looking to launder money do that thus the need for a checkbook.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Note the word "charge" not "credit" as I pay in full each month so no interest is ever paid.
Just to be clear... It's really a credit card, right? You just call it something else?
Or is it like one of the old AmEx accounts where you had to pay it in full every month?
I'm just asking because I'm wondering if card companies still do that.

Anyway, I do pretty much the same thing. Although there are two different meanings for "pay in full."
-- One is to pay everything owed at the moment of payment. I never do that.
-- The other is to pay everything due on statement issue day. I always do that.
Either way will prevent interest changes from ever accruing.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to be clear... It's really a credit card, right? You just call it something else?
Or is it like one of the old AmEx accounts where you had to pay it in full every month?
I'm just asking because I'm wondering if card companies still do that.

Anyway, I do pretty much the same thing. Although there are two different meanings for "pay in full."
-- One is to pay everything owed at the moment of payment. I never do that.
-- The other is to pay everything due on statement issue day. I always do that.
Either way will prevent interest changes from ever accruing.
Yes it is a "credit card" that I refer to as a "charge card" as I pay in full so no interest payments. So many articles abound with their guidance to avoid using credit cards. If used wisely they can be very beneficial.

I earn in rebates:

10% off at Micro Center using their card
10% off at Lowes using their card
5% on my utility bill by using USbank Visa
3% on gas on my Bank of America Visa
2% on everything else on Citi Double Cash Mastercard

Other times of the year other deals become available.

In Oct-Dec 2021 Chase Freedom has 5% back on Walmart and PayPal.

And don't forget the offers like $50 off by signing up for a Home Depot card. I used that $50 off on a new lawn mower. Got the $50 off and paid the card in full. Then the next statement I canceled the card.

I have done the same with Amazon and have saved $100 a couple of times.

By canceling you can then earn the offer again at a later time.

Doing the above does not affect my credit rating as it is at 821 right now. I do keep the cards that have 10+ years on them.

Doing the above has earned me $4741.89 in rebates over the last 5 years (60 months).

Last edited:
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today 20/25/2021 Hertz bought 10,000 Tesla's. Stock up 125.00/sh +/-. Wonder how many mavericks have been ordered by Enterprise or ???.
Good luck getting them!

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone think that they will extend this? The way things are going, I won't see my June order until after this end date.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
36 months 0%. SPY calls. I like my free money!
20% Max payment of income of primary borrower! 🤔What is their definition of income? Is it "earned" income. Maybe they do not consider social security or Minimum Required Distributions or investment returns as income. If they do allow those, how many years of certified copies of income tax returns will they require to verify said income???🤔!!!!

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone think that they will extend this? The way things are going, I won't see my June order until after this end date.
In the same boat, June order and crickets. Even if they don't extend the 0% offer, I bet options will still be a heck of a lot better than paying cash in the current financial environment.
Sponsored