Sponsored

Maverick Ecoboost or Santa Cruz ? (If we don't get our Maverick Hybrid)

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ya Reliability ratings from actual issues last year and statements from the head of Ford saying they have quality issues that will take years to correct don't count I guess the fact he fired the head of his Quality department and his underlings doesn't count or that one of the first plants the new Chief of Quality made changes was at the Maverick assembly plant by installing cameras and giving workers the right to stop the line when they see issues doesn't count either and he called those changes his first steps....
Idk how many more ways I can put this so I’ll just spell it out for you.

go ahead and link a single source that actually proved your claim. Feel free to post a single piece of evidence from any outlet even claiming that “ford is by far the worst”. Literally NONE of what you claim proves what youve argued.

you’ve spent this entire convo making things up. Try using facts. I’ll be right here when you find them.
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I didn't come here to say buy an SC. I have a Maverick on order since October 2021. But since I have an SC I like to correct a lot of misinformation about the SC on this site brought up by Maverick fan boys that haven't investigated the differences. So far my MPG is great. Almost 30MPG in 60% highway and 40% city. Almost 27MPG in the city. I have an XL Hybrid with copilot 360 and hitch if they ever build it. Can't get an SC for the price I'm locked in on that if again they ever build it. But the options on the XLT don't come close to what comes on a SC as standard equipment especially the safety stuff.
One comment SC city 22 mpg highway 26 one less if AWD, YET you CLAIM city (27) better than rated highway YEA right. Sounds like your not correcting misinformation on SC but creating it. Yea yea now saying i am the bad guy by pointing that out.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One comment SC city 22 mpg highway 26 one less if AWD, YET you CLAIM city (27) better than rated highway YEA right. Sounds like your not correcting misinformation on SC but creating it. Yea yea now saying i am the bad guy by pointing that out.
I'm relating what I'm getting in MPG. I suppose based upon your commentary all those Maverick Eco Boost drivers that claim higher MPG then what it has on the sticker are also passing along misinformation if you can't accept what I've gotten on my SC..perhaps you need to read more on the misinfomation on this site about the SC since there is plenty including the continuous how much they cost over a Maverick. Mine cost approximately 31K and a close to equivalent Maverick was over $1k more. But then again I don't have the top of the line SC...but what I do have is a vehicle that has more on it then an XLT Maverick Eccoboost loaded with some upgrades to compare the two. Back to my mileage...when I picked mine up I drove 331 miles home from South Carolina in mountains, curvy rods, road work, and stop and go traffic around Knoxville. It took me 5.5 hours to get to the dealer and 7.5 hours to get home which tells you something about the traffic coming home in a new SC. When I filled up upon coming home I put 11 gallon of gas in the SC. Do the math and that was n mixed traffic, stop and go that had me average 44MPH to get home when I should have been able to average at least 60 MPH in normal traffic

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dollar for Dollar? EB Mav all day in my opinion. If I didn't mind paying the local $5K markup? That puts the Maverick directly into Santa Cruz money and at that point, I'm going Santa Cruz. Nicer interior IMO, better towing, better warranty. All IMHO.
Do you want a truck that looks like an SUV, or a truck that looks like a truck?

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally don't know that much about Hyundai. I have avoided them because of what my older brother has told me. My brother has been a certified auto tech (mechanic) all his working life. He has been at several different dealerships with different motor companies over the years. He is a perfectionist with his work ethics and very qualified. When he worked at the local Nissan Hyundai dealership I was looking at buying a Hyundai. He told me in no uncertain terms NOT to by a Hyundai. Numerous reasons which I won't go into now. But the point being, if a professional auto tech who actually works on them warns you not to buy a certain make of vehicle, one should at least consider that in the decision process. I have never had a Ford, so I'm taking a chance on that, certainly NOT taking a chance with the Hyundai. Take it for what it is worth.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm relating what I'm getting in MPG. I suppose based upon your commentary all those Maverick Eco Boost drivers that claim higher MPG then what it has on the sticker are also passing along misinformation if you can't accept what I've gotten on my SC..perhaps you need to read more on the misinfomation on this site about the SC since there is plenty including the continuous how much they cost over a Maverick. Mine cost approximately 31K and a close to equivalent Maverick was over $1k more. But then again I don't have the top of the line SC...but what I do have is a vehicle that has more on it then an XLT Maverick Eccoboost loaded with some upgrades to compare the two. Back to my mileage...when I picked mine up I drove 331 miles home from South Carolina in mountains, curvy rods, road work, and stop and go traffic around Knoxville. It took me 5.5 hours to get to the dealer and 7.5 hours to get home which tells you something about the traffic coming home in a new SC. When I filled up upon coming home I put 11 gallon of gas in the SC. Do the math and that was n mixed traffic, stop and go that had me average 44MPH to get home when I should have been able to average at least 60 MPH in normal traffic
I can believe you can get higher highway MPG> YES But thats not what you said, you claimed 27 mpg city. I have on many cars owned over the years beat the MPG highway rating BUT I never drive over 65 mph. BUT I WONT believe anyone who claims they are getting in the CITY as you did 27 which is higher than the Highway rating. NEVER have I ever even come close to doing that. Just not possible with a gas car. Hybrids are the reverse . BUT if some told me they got 50 MPG highway with a mav at 75 mph I would say they are lying too. Now I wonder if someone will pop up and say they do, lol.

Was at auto show the other day 39K for SC at the show.

I will give you if you option the crap out of a Mav it can get up to the mid range cost of SC. You cant option out a Mav to 39 K like the one at the show. BUT you cant get a XLT no options for 26K like you can with a Mav. I just used cars dot com, lowest SC is 28K within 500 miles of me. Lowest trim level. So yes you pay more for SC BUT you do get more for the fancy stuff. I just don't want it. Plus I say its ugly but thats just my opinion.

So YES I don't believe your MPG. I say its a lie. You said 27 mpg city. NOPE. I have looked online at SC forums most are in the 22 mpg city some lower. This is what most who own one are saying. But heck I saw a guy claim he got 25 mpg in the city with his F-150. I call them MPG'ers.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can believe you can get higher highway MPG> YES But thats not what you said, you claimed 27 mpg city. I have on many cars owned over the years beat the MPG highway rating BUT I never drive over 65 mph. BUT I WONT believe anyone who claims they are getting in the CITY as you did 27 which is higher than the Highway rating. NEVER have I ever even come close to doing that. Just not possible with a gas car. Hybrids are the reverse . BUT if some told me they got 50 MPG highway with a mav at 75 mph I would say they are lying too. Now I wonder if someone will pop up and say they do, lol.

I will give you if you option the crap out of a Mav it can get up to the mid range cost of SC. You cant option out a Mav to 39 K like the one at the show. BUT you cant get a XLT no options for 26K like you can with a Mav. I just used cars dot com, lowest SC is 28K within 500 miles of me. Lowest trim level. So yes you pay more for SC BUT you do get more for the fancy stuff. I just don't want it. Plus I say its ugly but thats just my opinion.

So YES I don't believe your MPG. I say its a lie. You said 27 mpg city. NOPE. I have looked online at SC forums most are in the 22 mpg city some lower. This is what most who own one are saying. But heck I saw a guy claim he got 25 mpg in the city with his F-150. I call them MPG'ers.
Would you consider the Maryville/Alcoa/ Knoxville....city driving? I can only go by the pump.. and as far as SC Forums hope you know to separate the Turbo's from non turbos...since they are different. I also have found many on those forums driving non turbos that claim they are getting worse mileage and others that are giving combined mileage much higher then the EPA states. Same with the Maverick Eco....

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

go ahead and link a single source that actually proved your claim. Feel free to post a single piece of evidence from any outlet even claiming that “ford is by far the worst”. Literally NONE of what you claim proves what youve argued.

you’ve spent this entire convo making things up. Try using facts. I’ll be right here when you find them.
Here you go..
Ford CEO Jim Farley Says Quality Fixes Will Take Years (fordauthority.com)

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Detroit Free Press;

"Every year, automakers set aside a dollar amount for every car sold to budget for anticipated warranty repair costs, which include recalls. According to Warranty Week data, Ford towered over its competitors in per vehicle budgeting in 2021:

• Ford was $1,041 — up from $940 in 2020
  • General Motors was $713, up from $498 in 2020
  • Hyundai was $651, down from $1,171 in 2020
  • Stellantis NV was $630, up from $576 in 2020. "

Sponsored

Jamro300

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t get caught up on the hype of the vehicle. First make a list of features you need or want and go from there. If the Mav and SC check all the boxes you should test drive one to see what you like best. Never go into the dealer without being able to walk away from the deal. I looked at both and landed on the Mav, but honestly I have had quality issues that have made me question my decision.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have the SEL AWD with tow and premium paint and paid $31.5k plus tax and license...I priced an XLT 4WD with luxury Package, Co-Pilot 360, premium paint, bedliner and 4k tow and it was $33k ....so much for your example

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the SEL AWD with tow and premium paint and paid $31.5k plus tax and license...I priced an XLT 4WD with luxury Package, Co-Pilot 360, premium paint, bedliner and 4k tow and it was $33k ....so much for your example
WHY are you here in the Maverick forums?. I don't go into the SC forums and say how much better the Maverick is. Its rather NUTS. Clearly you think the SC is a better vehicle GREAT. Now off you go to the SC forum to tell everyone. Please don't tell me your trying to correct misinformation as YOUR spreading it,.

You said you get 27 MPG city. That is a LIE. Then you go on about some trip I of course have no clue about as I am not from your area. Its irrelevant . as you already claimed the 27 MPG city. So I ask WHY are you in the Maverick forum and not in the SC forums. I guess to justify your purchase your really not happy about. Just a guess BUT I bet i am on target.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WHY are you here in the Maverick forums?. I don't go into the SC forums and say how much better the Maverick is. Its rather NUTS. Clearly you think the SC is a better vehicle GREAT. Now off you go to the SC forum to tell everyone. Please don't tell me your trying to correct misinformation as YOUR spreading it,.

You said you get 27 MPG city. That is a LIE. Then you go on about some trip I of course have no clue about as I am not from your area. Its irrelevant . as you already claimed the 27 MPG city. So I ask WHY are you in the Maverick forum and not in the SC forums. I guess to justify your purchase your really not happy about. Just a guess BUT I bet i am on target.
I would suggest the only one spreading misinformation is you and a few others that haven't done any real comparison of features and cost. Also the information on such items as towing or payload, bed length, or even interior room. With that said I'm here because I have a Maverick on order. In fact I've had it on order since October 2021. Before I ordered it I reviewed every thing I coud find out about it and did the same on the SC and scouted these forums for owners feedback and complaints. Since I have some knowledge on both I can damn well post anywhere I want about those vehicles. Don't go to Vegas and lay down a bet because you would be a sure loser. Love the SC and hope I feel the same about the Maverick Hybrid if I ever get one. Love my Crosstrek Sport as well as my 2002 Jeep Liberty that after 21 years has only had to have a couple power window motors replaced. In fact since I spend some time investigating vehicles before I purchase them when I get them and find out they perform as well or better then I expect, I love them all. Hopefully the Maverick won't disappoint and Ford corrects it's major issues before I get mine. At least Ford recognizes it's shortcomings and is addressing them even if it takes as Farley said years to correct..

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Feels like the responses to - SC or Maverick - have strayed just a bit off topic LOL 🤔
Sponsored