Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In news that could well affect delivery of many Mavericks next month:

US supply chain under threat as unions, railroads, clash

Split union vote today means it is likely there will be a rail strike in early December, unless Congress intervenes, as industries which rely on rail delivery are urging.

There are 12 unions involved — all must approve the deal. Looks like eight have approved it, but four others have not.

We’re watching this closely as our truck is scheduled for production the week of 11/28 … And so if it does get made then, it would be ready to ship just as the strike deadline hits in early December. (As early as Dec. 9, reports say.)
Sponsored

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, this figures. As if waiting over a year, watching the same trucks as mine get built, watching interest rates rise, and options being taken off the lux packages wasn't enough...

Who's got money on if my Dec 12th build week gets stuck in freight hell?

Maverstang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata; Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is a particularly big problem. It’s not just the inability to ship completed vehicles from Hermosillo, but the inability to deliver big components like engines to the plant. That means production could stop, which could further reduce the number of vehicles that could be built in MY23.

BTW, I have total sympathy to anyone with a completed vehicle stuck in freight hell. More frustrating than those of us still waiting to be scheduled.

Soberjoe

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat 2.0 ECO
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
R'uh r'oh!
I guess I shouldn't get to overly excited by this then . . .
Ford Maverick Maverick Deliveries Could Be Affected by Looming Rail Strike Next Month Maverick

OP
OP
KdeB

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep.

It would be comical … If it wasn’t.
R'uh r'oh!
I guess I shouldn't get to overly excited by this then . . .
Maverick.png
Looks your truck is already on its way … With luck will get to your dealership well before any rail strike happens.

Good luck!

Sponsored

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, this figures. As if waiting over a year, watching the same trucks as mine get built, watching interest rates rise, and options being taken off the lux packages wasn't enough...

Who's got money on if my Dec 12th build week gets stuck in freight hell?
Well my 12/12 build date just got pushed to the next week 12/19 which puts it in line with the Christmas shutdown. UGH

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well my 12/12 build date just got pushed to the next week 12/19 which puts it in line with the Christmas shutdown. UGH
Dang, just called and mine got pushed back as well. CS says they're still looking at a January 11th ETA. My car's inspection expires in February, so there's some wiggle room!

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope mine makes it to its hub wherever it is destined to from the rail it was built on the 6th so I am hoping my wait is soon done. :oops: I was called by my dealership today and was told I should be seeing it in the next 2 weeks. I still have some hope :whistle:

FordChauffeur

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition Limited EL

Split union vote today means it is likely there will be a rail strike in early December, unless Congress intervenes, as industries which rely on rail delivery are urging.

There are 12 unions involved — all must approve the deal. Looks like eight have approved it, but four others have not.

We’re watching this closely as our truck is scheduled for production the week of 11/28 … And so if it does get made then, it would be ready to ship just as the strike deadline hits in early December. (As early as Dec. 9, reports say.)
There's a million things affecting the manufacturing and shipping of goods, what's one more? The strike, if it happens, won't last very long anyway, since it's so close to the holidays.

Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This will more than likely affect Bronco Sport orders as well since they're built in the same factory, share a lot of engine and parts components, and probably ship on the same rail cars. As if we didn't have enough to worry about. It's one of those "it will get worse before it gets better" scenarios I guess.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope there is no strike. if it happens I would be worried about regular every day items being gone.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been watching this to. My wife has a new car that arrived in the port of Tacoma on Nov 12th. Were waiting for the port options to be installed so it can be rail loaded. Then it has a 2500 mile trip to the rail yard closest to the dealer. Fingers crossed we don't get caught up in this mess.