First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My gal works at Fords transmission plant, and on the assembly line where the Maverick CVT transmission will be manufactured. They are shutting the transmission line down for the first 3 weeks in july to convert the line to accommodate the Maverick transmission. I don't believe we will see any Mavericks until at least October or later....just my .02 of experience
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing that. Pretty much what I was expecting when Ford announced "deliveries in the 4th Quarter 2021". I'm thinking late 4th Q based on how things roll out with a brand new model recently (C8 Corvette, Bronco, etc.) That's 1 reason I was in no rush to place order now and it gives us a chance to read magazine test Drive articles, review "official" gas mileage estimates, crash test ratings, etc. Maybe even have a chance to get in person look and test drive 1 if lucky (would be 2.0 w/ 8spd)? On the other hand, I predict a whole lotta complaining on here from people who placed early orders and getting mad it is "taking so long" for delivery :eek:

rob804

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks for sharing that. Pretty much what I was expecting when Ford announced "deliveries in the 4th Quarter 2021". I'm thinking late 4th Q based on how things roll out with a brand new model recently (C8 Corvette, Bronco, etc.) That's 1 reason I was in no rush to place order now and it gives us a chance to read magazine test Drive articles, review "official" gas mileage estimates, crash test ratings, etc. Maybe even have a chance to get in person look and test drive 1 if lucky (would be 2.0 w/ 8spd)? On the other hand, I predict a whole lotta complaining on here from people who placed early orders and getting mad it is "taking so long" for delivery :eek:
Reservation fee is fully refundable at least in my case. If I don't like it bye bye lol

zackmd1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429BB / 2019 Tesla Model 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After seeing the posts on the Bronco forum, I will be very happy if it is in fact delivered in the '21 calendar year.
Keep in mind the Bronco went through both COVID lockdown and the chip shortage. Hopefully we only have to deal with the chip shortage…..

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep in mind the Bronco went through both COVID lockdown and the chip shortage. Hopefully we only have to deal with the chip shortage…..
and vendor problems building the removable hard top.

rob804

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
My gal works at Fords transmission plant, and on the assembly line where the Maverick CVT transmission will be manufactured. They are shutting the transmission line down for the first 3 weeks in july to convert the line to accommodate the Maverick transmission. I don't believe we will see any Mavericks until at least October or later....just my .02 of experience
You can pre-order with a dealership that allows a refundable deposit. If you dont like it when it arrives, walk away. That’s what I’m doing.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I hope Ford announces an update soon. Still thinking we may get some info on Friday though.

It can help cut down some of the speculation

Sponsored

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
Reminder to anyone who's turned off by "CVT" on the hybrid Maverick:

The hybrid trans is what's called an "eCVT", and it doesn't work exactly like your traditional belt-and-pulley CVT we all know and despise. Instead of cones and belts, the eCVT uses two electric motors, connected to the engine by planetary gears. The planetary gearsets allow the motors to rotate at differing speeds relative to each other and the engine, effectively giving you variable ratios. The fact that the wheels are powered by the electric motors means the Maverick hybrid should fall somewhere between an EV and a traditional gas car in terms of how it feels to drive.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
As another reminder, the eCVT is only on the 2.5L Hybrid engine. The 2.0 EcoBoost engine gets an 8-speed automatic transmission. I'm not an insider at all, so I really don't know, but I'm hoping that the 3 week shutdown to retool the line is only applicable to the eCVT transmissions.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ecoboost 2.0 is made at the Ford Cleveland Plant and the 8 speed 8F35 transmission is made in Livonia, Michigan.

Wrench77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ford Maverick pre ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My girlfriend has a 2015 Honda CR-V with a CVT and it’s actually not that bad. It is the belt and pulley type but Honda has put in place what feels like shift points instead of a constant speed like the Nissans do. It’s very great feeling trans. I think people are use to the early Nissan, Subaru, etc CVT’s that are annoying and unreliable. The only draw back I see with the CR-V is the initial take off is a little slow but I don’t think it’s totally the transmissions issue. That should not be the case with the 2.5 Maverick where it has the instant torque from the electric motor. I currently drive a 2016 Cadillac ATS4 with the 2.0 turbo. It’s a rocket ship but the 8 speed trans is not perfect and you can feel every shift. It shift’s very fast but hates to shift into first on a rolling stop then abruptly smashes into first. So I can’t wait to get into the Maverick with its super smooth trans.
Sponsored