teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Long story short, I'm tired of getting old worn- out used cars. Every car I've bought (except one that turned out to have been flooded, but the litigation is pending) has had over 120k miles on it, and I'm just tired of having to deal with "old car issues." I don't remember how I found out about the Maverick- maybe a random news article or something- but I'm really curious now.

It's one of the few new vehicles that has a passable tow capacity and starts under $20k (alibeit not very far).

And maybe I want some validation for wanting a new car.
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long story short, I'm tired of getting old worn- out used cars. Every car I've bought (except one that turned out to have been flooded, but the litigation is pending) has had over 120k miles on it, and I'm just tired of having to deal with "old car issues." I don't remember how I found out about the Maverick- maybe a random news article or something- but I'm really curious now.

It's one of the few new vehicles that has a passable tow capacity and starts under $20k (alibeit not very far).

And maybe I want some validation for wanting a new car.
Go to YouTube and search for Maverick reviews. You'll find a ton of information and straight up honest reviews of the Maverick. You'll also be better informed of what trim suits you best, but be aware the truck is so popular it may be difficult to find one for 2022. Good hunting.

Sirk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XL Hybrid, '05 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming you can find one, a hybrid Maverick XL with a tow hitch receiver as the only option would set you back $21,590. It'll tow 2,000 lbs, gets great fuel economy, and comes with a warranty. I can't think of a better value in a vehicle, new or used for that price.

OP
OP

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming you can find one, a hybrid Maverick XL with a tow hitch receiver as the only option would set you back $21,590. It'll tow 2,000 lbs,
Quote snipped.

One of the things I need is to be able to tow a *small* popup camper. We're talking 2500 to 3k loaded weight in the trailer, plus a bit of room in the bed for an ice chest and chuck box. And my wife, of course.

So I kinda need the tow package.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you need the 4k tow package, then that obviously rules out hybrids. The good thing is that Ecoboosts have been easier to find and while the MSRP is higher, they are often cheaper on the lots because of the ADM a lot of dealers are adding.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Assuming you can find one, a hybrid Maverick XL with a tow hitch receiver as the only option would set you back $21,590. It'll tow 2,000 lbs, gets great fuel economy, and comes with a warranty. I can't think of a better value in a vehicle, new or used for that price.
Not for MY23
Sponsored