Reaction score
Website
www.radiosoussol.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wins the best AWD?

Honda with their Ridgeline or Ford with their Maverick???

Which one you would take out in a blizzard snow storm or a nasty muddy sandy road???
Sponsored

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wins the best AWD?

Which one you would take out in a blizzard snow storm or a nasty muddy sandy road???
Maverick has done well so far in the bad weather but it's the tires mine came with snow rated all terrain tires. Maverick does not have a transmission manual mode but it you tap the brakes the transmission will downshift to slow you right down.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the same tires I think it would be pretty equal tbh. Mav has one inch more clearance tho

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
No love for the Santa Cruz in this debate? Consensus of reviews says Hyundai's AWD system is about as good as Honda's and priced a lot closer to the Mav.

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ridgeline for sure. If you can afford a Ridgeline and the cost isnt really an issue I dont see a single reason why you'd go with a Mav over it honestly. Its a better vehicle is basically every way (since you know, its essentially built to compete two price points above the Maverick).

Ive used a first gen Ridgeline for hauling stuff during a move and it was great. I talked my stepsister and her husband into a newer Ridgeline over a Tacoma and they absolutely love that thing.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No love for the Santa Cruz in this debate? Consensus of reviews says Hyundai's AWD system is about as good as Honda's and priced a lot closer to the Mav.
The Santa Cruz is a dog in its base engine. If you bump up to the 2.5l turbo AWD the SC ends up priced a lot closer to the Ridgline than the Maverick. The dual clutch transmission on the SC is also something I would not want in a long term vehicle.

Between the Ridgline and Maverick, assuming they have the same tires, its probably a toss up. Neither have particularly advanced AWD systems.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
The Santa Cruz is a dog in its base engine. If you bump up to the 2.5l turbo AWD the SC ends up priced a lot closer to the Ridgline than the Maverick. The dual clutch transmission on the SC is also something I would not want in a long term vehicle.

Between the Ridgline and Maverick, assuming they have the same tires, its probably a toss up. Neither have particularly advanced AWD systems.
I'm not sure horsepower is relevant to this discussion. The dual clutch tranny only comes with the turbo engine. The base non-turbo has a "regular" 8 speed auto. Just seems weird that this discussion could happen between the Mav and Ridgeline while excluding the Hyundai altogether.

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not sure horsepower is relevant to this discussion. The dual clutch tranny only comes with the turbo engine. The base non-turbo has a "regular" 8 speed auto. Just seems weird that this discussion could happen between the Mav and Ridgeline while excluding the Hyundai altogether.
Hyundais have a history of powertrain issues why would anyone want to risk it on a truck when that's arguably the most important component? Ford has built trucks for decades and Hondas have proven themselves. Hyundai has to offer a 100k warranty to get people to buy.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Hyundais have a history of powertrain issues why would anyone want to risk it on a truck when that's arguably the most important component? Ford has built trucks for decades and Hondas have proven themselves. Hyundai has to offer a 100k warranty to get people to buy.
Last I checked JD Power ranks Hyundai higher than both Honda and Ford in IQS and VDS, but I guess you know better.

The shilling in this thread is unbelievable. Last time I try to add something meaningful to a discussion on this forum.

Sponsored

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wins the best AWD?

I know that review of a Subaru Wilderness vs. FX4 awd Maverick. The AWD in the Maverick outshined the AWD in the Subaru in the testing he did on a course. Both had AT tires. The Subaru wilderness had its version AT and the Maverick was using the oem wildpeak option.

Really surprised me the Maverick awd out did the Subaru awd since Subaru is suppose to be one of the best awd systems.

btim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 E450; 2018 Accord 2.0 T. 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the 2007 Ridgeline. Had to sell it when the family outgrew it. The Ridgeline had a "locking" rear diff which was helpful on boat ramps and in sand. That truck was a pleasure to drive but got poor MPGs. I am waiting on a Lariat AWD 4K tow Maverick. I hope it compares well in handling and comfort. I expect MPGs to be great by comparison.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who wins the best AWD?

lol... the one with the best tires! :p

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last I checked JD Power ranks Hyundai higher than both Honda and Ford in IQS and VDS, but I guess you know better.

The shilling in this thread is unbelievable. Last time I try to add something meaningful to a discussion on this forum.
First, JD Power is basically like Consumer's Report, but that's a discussion for another thread I suppose.

With respect to Santa Cruz, few people here own one and since Hyundai doesn't exactly have a rich history of producing consumer trucks in the U.S., I can see where some people would rag on it, perhaps unfairly.

Please, continue to contribute! I'll even look past your owning a Taco! Totally joking! 😄

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just trying to compare apples to apples as much as possible. For the SC to be comparable to either the Maverick or the Ridgline's HP/lbs, it would need the upgraded engine, which puts the SC in a price bracket much closer to the midsize trucks (Taco, Ridgline, Frontier).

Also since the SC does not get very good MPG at all, its kind of a question of why pay the premium for a less capable truck if you can get another more capable midsize truck for the same money with pretty much the same MPG.

People have gone over the numbers ad nauseum. The only time the SC can get close to the Maverick on value is if you stick every single option on a lariat. At that point the Maverick hits a price point/feature set that a mid trim SC can match.

why get all butthurt when people do not agree with you? Thats part of life, and I think folks around here are generally fine with people disagree with their opinions. Inevitably any discussion like this on a MAVERICK forum, is going to end up with a larger number of folks recommending a Maverick. The demographic here has already crunched the numbers (and decided on a aesthetic they like) and will likely advocate for the Maverick.
Sponsored

Last edited: