First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback | Forester | Xterra
Trim
Lariat
Big_T
Ya beat me posting this....fresh cup of java to watch..
Did he beat the TFL guys to the gate...LOL

altomav

XLT
First Name
Keven
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, FX4, Tow Packages
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase

22Mav

XLT
First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Trim
XLT
Struggled a little more off-road than I thought it would, I'm sure it's primarily tires to blame though.

I read so many on here talking about off-roading and trail riding in theirs, hope those folks got the optional Wildpeaks, that's the only true way to get 8.6" of ground clearance without modification after the fact. This guys FX4 with the smaller tires actually only has 8.3", Ford points out in the spec that the 8.6" is only with the larger tires, I suspect many overlook that detail.

Also, seems he kind of talks down on the other trims. I think the XL and XLT have a ton of options for their respective price points. I can justify the Lariat, but I do not feel it's essential in any way. Very fair and honest review otherwise though.

JASmith

First Name
Jessica
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Trim
Undecided
At 7:55, does the B.O. sound system he talks about stink? /s 🤪

I did just notice that there don't appear to be front sensors. Would have preferred them there to the back as you already have a camera in the back. Going to make forward parking in parking garages a chore unless you add your own front sensors or camera system. I had to add one myself to my Ram as it doesn't have anything on the front either, only the back.

Old Ranchero

XL
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Trim
XL
At 7:55, does the B.O. sound system he talks about stink? /s 🤪

I did just notice that there don't appear to be front sensors. Would have preferred them there to the back as you already have a camera in the back. Going to make forward parking in parking garages a chore unless you add your own front sensors or camera system. I had to add one myself to my Ram as it doesn't have anything on the front either, only the back.
Ford is using tiny video camera mounted above inside rear view mirror instead of sensors. Of course you have to have the right option package to get the camera.

Darnon

Lariat
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion Hybrid
Trim
Lariat
Ford is using tiny video camera mounted above inside rear view mirror instead of sensors. Of course you have to have the right option package to get the camera.
All the trims have the imaging camera for the standard pre-collision assist system.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Trim
Undecided
Front facing sensors aren't even on the Bronco Sport unfortunately. They are typically reserved for more expensive vehicles in the lineup and required for Ford's auto parking technology.

Waitingtosee

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2013 Ford Fusion SE
Trim
First Edition
What option pack gets you that? Lariat/Lux?

clippedwings

Lariat
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Trim
Lariat
Excellent review. Kinda reinforces my decision to just see the AWD system as an assist for wet, slippery, muddy, snowy roads, and an occasional challenging country driveway. Why I didn't bother with the off-road configuration. If I were really going out there, I'd be going Bronco instead.

MarkG

XLT
First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Trim
XLT
I ordered the FX4 package with no expectations that this would be a serious off road vehicle. Without locking differentials and greater ground clearance and better tires, it performs about as I would expect.

Advertisement

Advertisement