BubbaMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a call tonight that there is a Maverick available at my dealer, same build and even color as my order (hybrid, xlt, Area 51). They are listing it at $29,999, marked up from $25,950. How would you recommend responding to this to negotiate a lower price? I’m willing to pay a couple thousand over MSRP considering my order may not even cone this year, but I dont want to pay $30k
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do what I did, call the dealer then go down to negotiate the total out the door price. I was able to get my Hybrid for half of the original ADM with no add-ons and a reasonable dealer doc fee. don’t try to negotiate over the phone, be there to prove you are a genuine buyer ready to take the truck home.

Good luck

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a call tonight that there is a Maverick available at my dealer, same build and even color as my order (hybrid, xlt, Area 51). They are listing it at $29,999, marked up from $25,950. How would you recommend responding to this to negotiate a lower price? I’m willing to pay a couple thousand over MSRP considering my order may not even cone this year, but I dont want to pay $30k
Honestly.. that's a low mark up for hybrids

JfredTrem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do what I did, call the dealer then go down to negotiate the total out the door price. I was able to get my Hybrid for half of the original ADM with no add-ons and a reasonable dealer doc fee. don’t try to negotiate over the phone, be there to prove you are a genuine buyer ready to take the truck home.

Good luck

THIS! ^^^ again for those in the back too..

#salesman

OP
OP

BubbaMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Good luck

Thanks. Sound advice. I’ll head over there in the morning.

Sponsored

kkgg

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I don't know. The whole point of Maverick is that it is affordable. If that is out the window why get a maverick.

If you drive less than 1000 miles a month, there is not a whole lot savings on gas(with hybrid)

If you do long commutes and need a truck then yes. Otherwise there are other vehicles to choose at MSRP.

But good luck. Let us know

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you drive less than 1000 miles a month, there is not a whole lot savings on gas(with hybrid)
Utter rubbish. I was driving a vehicle with similar MPG to the EB before getting the hybrid Maverick (average around 600-700 miles per month). Maverick is saving me over $100 a month on gas. You might say that's nothing, but it all adds up.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Utter rubbish. I was driving a vehicle with similar MPG to the EB before getting the hybrid Maverick (average around 600-700 miles per month). Maverick is saving me over $100 a month on gas. You might say that's nothing, but it all adds up.
that doesn’t even make mathematical sense…

assuming 37 and 25 combined MPG for the hybrid and eco respectively and 700 miles a month driven and gas at $4 a gallon (the national average is actually $3.44 right now), that’s $908.10 per year for the hybrid and $1,344 for the eco.

that is not at all $100 a month difference.

these markups on these cheap vehicles to “save money on gas” is not worth it. Assuming you were even saving $100 a month on gas, how many year is that to make up a $4-5k markup like Op posted? It makes no financial sense.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="bearsfan647, post: 499180, member: 17428
these markups on these cheap vehicles to “save money on gas” is not worth it. Assuming you were even saving $100 a month on gas, how many year is that to make up a $4-5k markup like Op posted? It makes no financial sense.
[/QUOTE]

So a Hybrid equipped the way someone wants it with a MSRP of $27k is only a good value if it can be purchased at some suggested number, but at $30k it’s not still a good value and someone would be foolish to purchase at that price point?

And the same truck next year could very well MSRP at $29-30k..

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing to even argue about it. What good is saving 2k on gas if you spent 4k to do it? This also ignores everything else about the maverick that is meant to be BUDGET. The more the markup, the more the plastic budget makeup of the vehicle makes less sense.

Whatever helps ppl convince themselves, I guess.

Sponsored

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang i can't find one under 35k. good luck do you have a trade in?

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

assuming 37 and 25 combined MPG for the hybrid and eco respectively and 700 miles a month driven and gas at $4 a gallon (the national average is actually $3.44 right now), that’s $908.10 per year for the hybrid and $1,344 for the eco.

Math can be hard, $36 or $100 per month, whats the difference :LOL:

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Assuming a few things here, using the numbers from your post.

1) that actual milage of hybrid and eco are 37 and 25 respectively.
2) that gas is $4 a gallon on average the entire time.
3) that a perspective owner keeps and drives the Maverick for 100,000 miles.

Over the course of 100k miles the eco would burn 4,000 gallons of fuel.

Over the course of 100k miles the hybrid would burn 2,703 gallons of fuel.

The extra 1,297 gallons of fuel at $4 a gallon would be a difference of $5,188 over the course of the first 100k miles.

As far as saving $100 a month, at $4 a gallon a driver would have to use 25 less gallons of fuel, so it would depend on monthly miles driven.

To save $100 at $4 a gallon a driver would have to travel 1,925 miles a month, using 77 gallons of gas in an eco or 52 in a hybrid.

Lots of driving for sure, but possible, especially if it's a work vehicle.

redskins5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford F150 Hybrid, 2022 mavrick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Assuming a few things here, using the numbers from your post.

1) that actual milage of hybrid and eco are 37 and 25 respectively.
2) that gas is $4 a gallon on average the entire time.
3) that a perspective owner keeps and drives the Maverick for 100,000 miles.

Over the course of 100k miles the eco would burn 4,000 gallons of fuel.

Over the course of 100k miles the hybrid would burn 2,703 gallons of fuel.

The extra 1,297 gallons of fuel at $4 a gallon would be a difference of $5,188 over the course of the first 100k miles.

As far as saving $100 a month, at $4 a gallon a driver would have to use 25 less gallons of fuel, so it would depend on monthly miles driven.

To save $100 at $4 a gallon a driver would have to travel 1,925 miles a month, using 77 gallons of gas in an eco or 52 in a hybrid.

Lots of driving for sure, but possible, especially if it's a work vehicle.
Nothing to even argue about it. What good is saving 2k on gas if you spent 4k to do it? This also ignores everything else about the maverick that is meant to be BUDGET. The more the markup, the more the plastic budget makeup of the vehicle makes less sense.

Whatever helps ppl convince themselves, I guess.
I am averageing between 46 and 54 around town, it is only when I get on the interstate and run my Hybrid at 80 and 85 MPH that i drop down into the 30mpg and then I am usually avg 32 to 38mpg. so use those numbers and re-calculate

Eber1988

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hated seeing all the markups and then people attempting to justify paying 5k or 10k over MSRP. I however did end up paying 1k over for a 2022 because with the options and markups it actually was around the same price as my 2023 would have been if it ever would get scheduled. They wanted a little more but they negotiated and to get the last 500 dollars off they didn't adjust the vehicle price any lower but added 500 to my trade in. So there are a few things you can negotiate and have wiggle room with. Good luck and remember it is possible.
Sponsored