Sponsored

Maverick at dealer who wants $3000 more than agreed on 16 months ago!

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it happened as I predicted. The Maverick Lariat I ordered June 18, 2021, finally arrived. The dealer sent me an email with the buyer's order form showing current MSRP rather than the one in June 2021. It is a $3000 increase. I explained before to the sales manager about price protection for trucks ordered before Dec. 26, 2021 and even included the link on youtube that explains this completely. I wrote back and told them trying to increase the deal by $3000 after making me wait 16 months is as low as it gets. Especially since there is no reason to as Ford makes up the difference. I don't know if I want to pay an additional $3000 as I really don't need the truck. However, I can probably make a few thousand bucks flipping it anyway. It is a fairly loaded Lariat hybrid they want a little over $38,000 for. I think I can sell it for around $4 to 5,000 more than that. Even $3000 more might be worth while since I would just drive it from the dealer, and put it in the garage until it sold. I just hate the thought of letting them keep it and selling it for $10,000 more on the lot. What do you all think?
Sponsored

jibbersmav

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 780 Bertone, '01 Tundra, '95 FZJ80, '17 Bolt
We all have different principles. Some people are more OK than others with letting a dealer rip them off. And some people are more OK than others with participating in the price gouging and purchasing a vehicle to simply flip it for a quick profit. Just depends on what kind of person you are I guess.

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where is your signed buyers order?

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat Hybrid First Editions were $32,000 in Sept. I'm not sure what all you added to yours but that prices seems way high.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does the window sticker show the price as. Does it agree with what you signed up for. Just curious to see if ford added the mid year increase.

Sponsored

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything was done back then by email due to Covid. It was an internet sale. Nothing was signed but I do have the original buyer's order they sent me showing the agreed price. I know legally I could not win and I'm trying to get them to honor the original price as a matter of principal, although dealers have little of that I know.

The Lariat is fairly well loaded and originally went for right at $35,000 including delivery, taxes, fees. Now they want a little over $38,000.

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does the window sticker show the price as. Does it agree with what you signed up for. Just curious to see if ford added the mid year increase.
The window sticker shows $35,665. That is what they are basing the price of the new buyers order they sent me. My selling price we agreed on was $32,646.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get a response? Can’t complain until they respond back to your inquiry.

OP
OP

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, no response yet.

Sponsored

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything was done back then by email due to Covid. It was an internet sale. Nothing was signed but I do have the original buyer's order they sent me showing the agreed price. I know legally I could not win and I'm trying to get them to honor the original price as a matter of principal, although dealers have little of that I know.

The Lariat is fairly well loaded and originally went for right at $35,000 including delivery, taxes, fees. Now they want a little over $38,000.
Before you figure you won't win, check with an atty. A contract does not need to be signed to be valid. Contracts can even be verbal. IMO basic business law tells me the dealer's order form is their price offer to you. Acceptance of that price by having them place an order under your name and driver's license = Contract.

Yes they want you to get mad and cancel because they will probably ADM $10-20K to some sucker on their lot.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it happened as I predicted. The Maverick Lariat I ordered June 18, 2021, finally arrived. The dealer sent me an email with the buyer's order form showing current MSRP rather than the one in June 2021. It is a $3000 increase. I explained before to the sales manager about price protection for trucks ordered before Dec. 26, 2021 and even included the link on youtube that explains this completely. I wrote back and told them trying to increase the deal by $3000 after making me wait 16 months is as low as it gets. Especially since there is no reason to as Ford makes up the difference. I don't know if I want to pay an additional $3000 as I really don't need the truck. However, I can probably make a few thousand bucks flipping it anyway. It is a fairly loaded Lariat hybrid they want a little over $38,000 for. I think I can sell it for around $4 to 5,000 more than that. Even $3000 more might be worth while since I would just drive it from the dealer, and put it in the garage until it sold. I just hate the thought of letting them keep it and selling it for $10,000 more on the lot. What do you all think?
Ad wrap tailgate and two doors with descriptive info and drive around dealership periodically. Maybe get funded by MSRP dealer.🤷

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The window sticker shows $35,665. That is what they are basing the price of the new buyers order they sent me. My selling price we agreed on was $32,646.
The $32 sounds more like it. I now see that you have your sales tax added on. Mine doesn't get added at the dealership.
Take that buyers order you have in and ask them about why they aren't honoring it. Call Ford while in the showroom if they still refuse.
Sponsored