Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One looks like a truck.

One looks like something else. Not sure what.
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Got this picture from a SC forum. Side by side to scale.
Don't think the SC looks bad. I almost bought one before my maverick. Don't know why they styled the rear window with the upturn though. For style I guess but it makes it "claustrophobic" for the rear passengers as it is harder to see out the back windows. The SC has a much more sloped windshield which is probably one of the reasons it is quieter on the highway.
One reason the SC may be selling poorly is because you can't order a Santa Cruz directly from the factory. They have an allocation system. You can put in a request with the dealer for the color and options you want and the dealer has to try to get one that matches sent to thier dealer or try to swap with another dealer.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got this picture from a SC forum. Side by side to scale.
Don't think the SC looks bad. I almost bought one before my maverick. Don't know why they styled the rear window with the upturn though. For style I guess but it makes it "claustrophobic" for the rear passengers as it is harder to see out the back windows. The SC has a much more sloped windshield which is probably one of the reasons it is quieter on the highway.
One reason the SC may be selling poorly is because you can't order a Santa Cruz directly from the factory. They have an allocation system. You can put in a request with the dealer for the color and options you want and the dealer has to try to get one that matches sent to thier dealer or try to swap with another dealer.
Y'know, people keep saying the Santa Cruz is selling poorly.

But it's not.

It's just that the Maverick was a smash hit. If the Maverick wasn't selling like crazy, anyone looking at those Santa Cruz sales numbers would think they're pretty solid for Hyundai's first entry in the truck segment.

It's like saying a solid touring band is a failure because they're not the biggest band in the world.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

But are they selling only a few because they are only making a few or only selling a few because only a few people want them?

For me it's the aesthetics, not the brand.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still cry in my coffee that Hyundai didn't stick with the two door Santa Cruz they exhibited at the auto shows. Then we would have had a nice choice between a two door and a four door truck. Let's take the Wayback Machine all the way back to 2015...

And while I'm at it, I'll forever hate on Jeep for not building the J6 two door truck concept...
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27066909/jeep-j6-concept-2019-moab-easter-jeep-safari/

Oh, and of course VW showed one and said "nah, nobody wants this"...
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/15/vw-tarok-pickup-concept-new-york-auto-show/

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My main gripe about the SC is the tiny bed. Parked next to one the other day and got a good comparison. I've hauled a lot of different sized items in my Maverick, but the SC's bed doesn't look like it can accommodate any thing over a yard stick. In my mind, just not practical if one is looking for a small truck, but great for anyone looking for a luxury beer cooler hauler. By the way, for those SC owners, I'm sure you considered the smaller bed and decided the SC fit your needs. Not a dig on you folks.
Sponsored