Sponsored

Maverick and Escape wheels / rims interchangeable?

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are they the interchangeable? I have a set of winter tires/steel wheels for my Escape and wondering if they are transferablue……
Sponsored

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should work OK. These cheap steel wheels that I bought for snow tires are supposedly for an Escape. Bought them at a wheel specialty shop.

Ford Maverick Maverick and Escape wheels / rims interchangeable? 20211030_142944

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Should work OK. These cheap steel wheels that I bought for snow tires are supposedly for an Escape. Bought them at a wheel specialty shop.

20211030_142944.jpg
Oooh! What do these look like with a straight on facing shot?

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oooh! What do these look like with a straight on facing shot?
Do you mean straight on from the side? I think the snow tires on steelies looks fugly, but they work. We had freezing rain yesterday - bad. The roads were horrible, and had to go pick up the wife from work. Those Michelin X-ice are about as good as it gets in those conditions, helluva test. Nice to have the AWD, stability control and nanny electronics at times like that.

Ford Maverick Maverick and Escape wheels / rims interchangeable? 20211127_131634

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you mean straight on from the side? I think the snow tires on steelies looks fugly, but they work. We had freezing rain yesterday - bad. The roads were horrible, and had to go pick up the wife from work. Those Michelin X-ice are about as good as it gets in those conditions, helluva test. Nice to have the AWD, stability control and nanny electronics at times like that.

20211127_131634.jpg
THANKS for posting!

Sponsored

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Hey guys will Escape rims work on the maverick? Everything looks the same other than the offset.

Canyon Racer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically speaking; yes Escape wheels fit. The Maverick has a ton of room towards the suspension which is the direction increased positive offset puts the wheel. If the goal is to put wider wheels and tires and stick out a lot more than stock then Escape wheels are not ideal. But, if the goal is to put larger wheels and tires and have a little more stick out than stock then some of the Escape wheels are a good fit.
Examples exclude wheel lip: 7.5" width wheel with 50 offset will be 12.5 mm more positive which puts the outside of the wheel in exactly the stock location and the extra 1/2" width all towards the suspension.
8" width wheel with 50 offset will be the same 12.5 mm more positive offset which puts the outside of the wheel 1/4" farther out and the inside 3/4" closer to suspension.
The Maverick has plenty of room for both of these examples. Most of the wider wheels for Escape are 18", 19" & 20".
Best place I have found to explore fitment is https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
Hope this helps

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Above post is great, essentially with the 17x7" et50 escape wheels they will be tucked in towards the truck a half inch so it might look a little odd. I'd try to find some wheels from the bronco sport, so many buyers seem to be swapping them out as soon as they buy their bronco sport so the market is flooded with them and they have the same exact specs as the Maverick wheels.

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here is a post made by @GreatWhiteNorth. He purchased steel wheels spec'd for the Escape and fit it on his Maverick.

Source: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...urce-for-factory-steel-wheels.3533/post-84223

I spoke with a parts guy at a different Ford dealership, and he offered that the Escape has same hub/wheel bolt pattern & 17 x 7. Lots of sources for aftermarket Escape steel wheels... and I bought a set of new aftermarket steelies locally, had snow tires mounted, just need to buy some lug nuts. Hope they fit - they should, offset, center bore etc. supposedly match.

I'm still amazed the parts guy at the first dealership (that I bought the truck from) told me he couldn't get steel wheels for it!

20211026_175134.jpg
DThis is with Michelin X-Ice Latitude tires on Escape compatible aftermarket cheap steel wheels.

20211030_142931.jpg
The Michelin X-ice snowtires on steelies are working out well, the Maverick performing well in the snow.

20211210_140206.jpg

tamis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically speaking; yes Escape wheels fit. The Maverick has a ton of room towards the suspension which is the direction increased positive offset puts the wheel. If the goal is to put wider wheels and tires and stick out a lot more than stock then Escape wheels are not ideal. But, if the goal is to put larger wheels and tires and have a little more stick out than stock then some of the Escape wheels are a good fit.
Examples exclude wheel lip: 7.5" width wheel with 50 offset will be 12.5 mm more positive which puts the outside of the wheel in exactly the stock location and the extra 1/2" width all towards the suspension.
8" width wheel with 50 offset will be the same 12.5 mm more positive offset which puts the outside of the wheel 1/4" farther out and the inside 3/4" closer to suspension.
The Maverick has plenty of room for both of these examples. Most of the wider wheels for Escape are 18", 19" & 20".
Best place I have found to explore fitment is https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/
Hope this helps
I'm getting a 22 XL AWD Iwant to put 18x9 38 offset TE37s on it, do you think I'll have any issues?
Sponsored