Roadeyes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Noticed there are at least a few Bronco refugees here. My Bronco angst is mostly centered around my dealer. I'm hanging on to my reservation/order (see? not sure if I even have an order with Ford) by my fingernails. In my case, the Bronco is one of the few vehicles my wife and I can agree on, so I continue to submit to the waterboarding.

My Maverick order wasn't really a response to the Bronco difficulties. Saw the price for the XL and jumped. Yep, same dealer, same problems. I guess I don't have confidence that a different dealer won't have their own unique way of screwing me.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has ordered both vehicles without canceling one despite problems they might be experiencing.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has ordered both vehicles without canceling one despite problems they might be experiencing.
Yep. Still have my 2-door base on order. Different dealer than the Maverick. Learned my lesson and went to Chapman (Granger was too far away). Still don’t have much communication from my Bronco dealer, but am holding out. I am a late reservation but converted before the March deadline for 2021. Was on Bronco6g and lurked there for a year before making an account, but it got a little toxic over there and I deleted my account. Sometimes pop over to see if anything is happening, but mostly just waiting. I think some of the excitement has worn off and if I get it, cool, if not, I’m not even worried about it with the Maverick coming. We typically just have one car (will be the Maverick) but have had two when we both worked away from home. We’ll see what happens! Really excited for the Maverick.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BroMav here. I saw leaked and camo pictures of the Maverick as they came out. Never even considered a Maverick. I never would in my life imagine ordering 2 different new vehicles at the same time for myself.

I have a Bronco fully loaded the way I wanted ordered. I have a 2013 F150 I was going to keep along with the Bronco. Once the Maverick debuted…the whole 20k and 40mpg just sparked my interest.

I can now keep the Bronco as my family/off-road vehicle and have the Maverick which still has a bed as my DD. I will be going from an average of 16mpg on my F150 to 37ish mixed. My F150 trade in will take a huge chunk out of the Mavericks price leaving me with minimal left over which would easily be sucked up by the ~$40 a week I’ll be saving in gas.

Of course not all glory. I will be losing the ability to really tow anything, but I don’t currently own anything I need to tow and haven’t towed much with the F150 the entire time I have had it.

Yesterday I went to my dealer and changed my Bronco order from Dual/Mod top to soft top only with the hard top prep kit and ordered an XLT Velocity Blue Maverick to go along with my Bronco. I will more than likely see my Maverick first, lol.

Last edited:

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I got the e-mail from Ford last week stating that the body colored hard top wouldn't be available til 2023 I immediately placed an order for a Maverick. I am keeping my Bronco reservation (8/29/20) and I will trade the Maverick for the Bronco as soon as I can get a body colored hard top Bronco.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a 7/15 res, before March deadline order, for a 2dr Bronco. I 99'd my Bronco after ordering the Maverick and will hang on to the order to see MY22 and MY23 offerings and just to see what happens. Looking forward to the Maverick. I've been looking to replace my Tacoma for awhile and cannot believe two new Ford vehicles ended up being ones I ordered!

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
If I would have been paying attention to the Maverick news I would be a "MavBro" myself. But, I wasn't paying attention, and ordered a Ranger in Sept. of last year. I do really enjoy the Ranger for sure. But, "RanBro" just doesn't have the same ring too it......:)

dldsm7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh my god I didn’t realize the 2Dr was so inexpensive!! Dang. Not that I would have ordered, I need an automatic and some storage with a kid and 2 dogs but dang.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I got the e-mail from Ford last week stating that the body colored hard top wouldn't be available til 2023 I immediately placed an order for a Maverick. I am keeping my Bronco reservation (8/29/20) and I will trade the Maverick for the Bronco as soon as I can get a body colored hard top Bronco.
What color did you get on the Bronco to go with that hardtop?

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a late reservation.... late as in 7/23 for my 2 dr Bronco, I had it 99'd as I was so far down the list I figured I might as well wait and see what changes are for 22. My concerns are that I planned to get AMB which I hear may not be available for 22, but then I can get the Mansquatch and keep it as a base. With how far off this will be at this point, the Maverick will be the DD, Kayak carrier, camping tow vehicle and the Bronco will be the fun weekend beach vehicle whenever it arrives. I ordered the Maverick through Chapmans and will be picking up a Gladiator lease to hold me over until the Maverick arrives, so no worries about waiting.
Sponsored