2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got ya with the title, didn't I ??? LOL

Well heavy heavy rains in NorCal last week, but all was fine, until Sunday! Got in the MAV, with a smile as usual, and when I departed the house approaching the first stop sign I applied the brakes and my custom shower activated through the map lights and sunroof switch.

Yup, I have a leak or blocked drain tube, or the rain was so torrential that the drip track couldn't handle it all...I don't know but she started dripping. Every time I hit the brakes causing downward movement on the nose the map lights (or whatever they are called), sunroof switch area, and trim had water dripping out. It wasn't more than I could wipe away with a paper towel over and over but it was water regardless.

Made an appointment with my local dealership to look at it, but won't be until next week. We need more rain here in CA but I wouldn't mind it staying dry until then haha! All that being said....I still love my truck and love that it's under warranty!

Anyone else have a similar issue with their new baby? If so, what was the diagnosis and repair?

P.S. Before it gets written in response let me state for the record...I have had sunroofs before, with no issues. I would order it again regardless because I love the sunroof. I understand others may have had issues, or "would never order" because of potential issues. Understood and noted, but not needed in reply if it's just to be negative or in opposition.

I am happy with the truck, even if there is a warranty concern that I know will get fixed, it's gonna be ok. :)
Sponsored

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably a clogged drain tube. I had that issue with a new Volvo XC90 a few years back. Unfortunately, the water's gotta go somewhere!

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also am in NorCal (and YES, we NEEDED the rain) - I discovered after mine sitting outside in the rain, the rear door on the drivers side pees onto the rear carpet when the door is opened. I believe water gets trapped above the door seal. I did not check the pass side.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Probably a clogged drain tube. I had that issue with a new Volvo XC90 a few years back. Unfortunately, the water's gotta go somewhere!
Don't say clogged drain tube too loudly or you might get your truck held for a recall, have the door removed, and then sold out from under you!

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't say clogged drain tube too loudly or you might get your truck held for a recall, have the door removed, and then sold out from under you!
LOL that’s exactly (sorta) what happened to the XC90. They fixed it and two weeks later I got a recall notice for the exact same issue!

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Watch out for the salesman's cousin!

Ottocycle

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' RS6 Avant, 14' CTS-V Wagon, 87' BMW 535is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hopefully just a clogged drain tube as many have said. Anyone have a diagram or pictures of there location. I be of more help if ford ever built my mav. OP if you locate the drain tubes work the rubber nipple to make sure its not stuck and check the drains in the sunroof to make sure there are no obstructions. You can test each drain by slowly pouring a glass of water down each tube one at a time to test them. Curious to know whats causing your issues as im getting a sunroof also.

OP
OP
MrCigar

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully just a clogged drain tube as many have said. Anyone have a diagram or pictures of there location. I be of more help if ford ever built my mav. OP if you locate the drain tubes work the rubber nipple to make sure its not stuck and check the drains in the sunroof to make sure there are no obstructions. You can test each drain by slowly pouring a glass of water down each tube one at a time to test them. Curious to know whats causing your issues as im getting a sunroof also.
I got up on a step ladder, opened the sunroof, prepared to diagnose and fix lol, I couldn’t find a drain hole on either side. It’s tight in there so fat fingers couldn’t feel anything either but flashlight and all I was unsuccessful finding a hole where I could see anyway.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Got ya with the title, didn't I ??? LOL

Well heavy heavy rains in NorCal last week, but all was fine, until Sunday! Got in the MAV, with a smile as usual, and when I departed the house approaching the first stop sign I applied the brakes and my custom shower activated through the map lights and sunroof switch.

Yup, I have a leak or blocked drain tube, or the rain was so torrential that the drip track couldn't handle it all...I don't know but she started dripping. Every time I hit the brakes causing downward movement on the nose the map lights (or whatever they are called), sunroof switch area, and trim had water dripping out. It wasn't more than I could wipe away with a paper towel over and over but it was water regardless.

Made an appointment with my local dealership to look at it, but won't be until next week. We need more rain here in CA but I wouldn't mind it staying dry until then haha! All that being said....I still love my truck and love that it's under warranty!

Anyone else have a similar issue with their new baby? If so, what was the diagnosis and repair?

P.S. Before it gets written in response let me state for the record...I have had sunroofs before, with no issues. I would order it again regardless because I love the sunroof. I understand others may have had issues, or "would never order" because of potential issues. Understood and noted, but not needed in reply if it's just to be negative or in opposition.

I am happy with the truck, even if there is a warranty concern that I know will get fixed, it's gonna be ok. :)
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 2 major problems with my 2022 maverick lariat first edition. Pretty much loaded. Only 260 miles on it.
sunroof leaks,and brake problems. The brakes had problem form the first week.will talk about that in another thread.
The sunroof leak I first notice late December when we start getting some rain .the windows would fog up ,and than gets trapped in the upper middle window where the lane control sensor is ,causing the lane control light to come on and making Steering tighter and Weird control.
In early January we had some heavy rains (3 Days) in So Ca
On or about Jan 6 after sitting in my driveway I noticed the windows very heavy fogged up inside and the sunroof full dripping wet it was so bad I had to take rag and wipe it down.the next day I Opened it up let it dry out.
Have pictures and videos
Again on or about January 10th we had more rain and it happen again.
on January 13 I took it in to the Dealer because the forecast was for more rain ,so I wanted them to have it when it had just rain.Also to look at the brake Problem.
However Sam call the next day at 1:47 January 14 I did not pickup and he did leave a message,Monday he called and said there no leaks or no brake problems and I need to pick up the vehicle now Because they don’t have room to keep it. Clearly they keep it inside out of the rain because it was dry.
I picked it up and parked in my driveway that late afternoon it rained for about 3 hours ,about 5:30 pm I looked at the truck and it was Completely fogged up inside .This time I got in with a light and took pictures of all the drips around the seal of the sunroof.Called the dealer and left a message.
The next day I got home about 2:30 pm ,it had been sunny all day. The windows still had fog around the edges and in the sensor was still foggy.
When I looked inside the sunroof seal area looked dry ,so I took the hose with shower part and keep wetting it down for about 1 1/2 hours to see if it would fog up, it was getting Foggier and foggier
,so I open it and put head up next to sunroof and it was dipping all around the seal .
Took it back to the the dealer and it’s been there ever since (January 17 today is February 19)with Nothing but a runaround from the dealer. I’m have been at the dealer twice watering it down myself and showing them that it’s dripping. they have torn the whole interior apart. At this point it looks like a salvage vehicle. And still you need to get in and put your head up against the glass to see the drips but now with headline down it makes even harder to see. The sunroof had only been open a few times .drains are fine,

I asked them to the truck back .
My plan was to use this as a tow car behind my rv ,but there is no way I going drop another 3k to set up for towing just to have water in the truck when traveling.
Don’t even get me started with brake problem ,but I do see that there maybe some lawsuits regarding the brakes
I have 2012 hybrid escape 205k miles (miles don’t add when towing) towed it a lot of miles .

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who are you ,it says official ford account but you have no contact info and name and don't see theads ,can you send before I sent my info,thanks
The forum enables direct messaging between users. You can click on anyone's username on this forum and send them a private message, FYI.

Link below is the direct link to message the Ford account. They start a support ticket in their system for you so they want your VIN and dealership info.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/conversations/add?to=Ford+Motor+Company

yossirevah

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade, Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@MrCigar I have exactly the same issue you described. And it happened for the first time today after I left the car outside and it was raining like crazy here in north California. What was the root cause and solution the dealership fixed?
Sponsored