Sponsored

Mav Alternative Thread: Looks like some people's Mavs (esp hybrids) are still a ways out. If you can't wait, what else have you considered/bought?

What's your solution to the long Maverick wait times?

• Total voters

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been looking at the KIA Niro. It is the closest thing that I can find to the hybrid for the money. It has a little better gas milage but cost a few thousand more (2-4). I feel like those things offset.
Unless you're shopping the EV versions (KIA's offering has much better range) the Hyundai Ioniq is the same platform but a good bit cheaper since it's not jacked up to pretend to be a crossover. Dimensionally about the same and gets better gas mileage.
Sponsored

OP
OP

cucumber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Outback
My current ride is a 07 Nissan Frontier, the inspection sticker expired in July and I just don't want to make the necessary ABS repairs to pass. Was really hoping for a Dec. delivery of the hybrid Maverick. Not sure how long I can slip thru the cracks and not get caught. Come January my stickers color will be a dead give away of it being expired, so I'll have to either scrape it off completely or bite the bullet and pay for the repairs.

Ford lost me as a life long customer when they stopped making the original Ranger, The Maverick will bring me back into the fold if it's done right.
I'm not sure how things are in Maine, but here in Pennsylvania, the police really don't care. I drove around in a vehicle with Michigan plates (we don't do yearly inspections there, so no sticker) for 1.5+ years, and never once got pulled over for it. I could have just been lucky though.

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Unless you're shopping the EV versions (KIA's offering has much better range) the Hyundai Ioniq is the same platform but a good bit cheaper since it's not jacked up to pretend to be a crossover. Dimensionally about the same and gets better gas mileage.
Yes - i looked at the Ioniq. I like it. I think it will be hard for me to buy a car though. I like the ride hight of the other vehicles. I will admit that the Niro is pretending to be a crossover but that little extra hight would be my preference. Still not sure though. The Maverick checks all the boxes for me - provided I can get before push comes to shove!

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
I was looking at the Nero too. It's a nice little crossover, but I decided in the end that it didn't have enough space for my needs. My plan was to get close to the level of storage I would have gotten with the Maverick truck bed, since we don't have an alternative truck to use (I know a lot of Mav buyers do).

Another option I was looking at was the Hyundai Tucson Blue hybrid. Definitely more expensive (all-in around 30K) but possibly doable if you had a hybrid lariat or loaded XLT scheduled. And impressive cargo space. Plus, it comes loaded (all the optional tech, interior features are built into the price). In the end, I went with the Outback just as a personal preference - the styling on the Tucson isn't my cup of tea, but it was a really hard decision because of that hybrid mileage.
Agree. That is why the Maverick is still my preference. I love the idea of being able to throw some mulch in the back and not worry about it. It will be the only truck for my family. I find the Co-Pilot360 to be great value. I want the safety features but for most other lines you have to change trim levels to get those safety features. I'll have to consider the Outback it has decent gas milage and may be a good back up.
Sponsored