2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm trying to understand how the manual 6-way adjustable driver's seat works (considering adding lux pkg.). I've already checked the owner's manual but still have some questions having never been inside a Maverick.

The owner's manual doesn't seem to mention lumbar and(resolved) oddly has two different visuals for the driver's seat (img1, img2).

Can anyone with a manual seat confirm whether it's essentially the same as the 2020 Ranger shown in this 43 second clip?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dryflytie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to understand how the manual 6-way adjustable driver's seat works (considering adding lux pkg.). I've already checked the owner's manual but still have some questions having never been inside a Maverick.

The owner's manual doesn't seem to mention lumbar and oddly has two different visuals for the driver's seat (img1, img2).

Can anyone with a manual seat confirm whether it's essentially the same as the 2020 Ranger shown in this 43 second clip?

Thanks in advance!
There is no lumbar. I put a lumbar pillow in my Maverick for back support.

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you both for clearing that up quickly!

So - otherwise it works like in the video clip above? ...are both the levers there? The OM shows only one in the first image.
Depends which seat you're referring to.

XL, XLT (no Lux Pkg)
driver - 6-way manual
passenger - 4-way manual

XLT Lux Pkg, Lariat
driver - 8-way power
passenger - 6-way manual

4-way (pull bar below seat, one lever on side of seat):
seat bottom - forward/backward
seat back - tilt forward/backward

6-way adds (pull bar below seat, two levers on side of seat):
seat bottom - up/down

8-way adds (all powered buttons/sliders on side of seat):
seat bottom - tilt up/down

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

6-way adds (pull bar below seat, two levers on side of seat):
seat bottom - up/down
This is super helpful thank you!

For me, it will be the 6-way manual. I've never used a manual seat with the height adjustment before and I have a feeling I'm going to mix up those two levers at the most inopportune times.

Thanks @jsus!

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You won't easily mix them up the 6-way seat levers in any way that matters... At least not after the first time you do so!

The fore/aft lever is actually a bar running behind your knees, across the width of the seat. When you pull up on it, the seat is released to move freely fore and aft. You CAN adjust this while driving, but you need to have a good grip on the wheel to help prevent the seat moving farther than intended. Better to adjust while stationary.

The "raise/lower" lever falls (depicted in this image as dark gray) is easier to reach with your hand, and it is a "pump" action lever. (Meaning, pull up from center and it raises the seat a bit, or push down from center and it lowers a bit.) But each "pump" moves the seat only a small amount each time, so it be used while driving with relative safety. I find myself doing this occasionally while driving longer stretches, as it changes the knee angle somewhat, relieving pressure on that joint.

The "tilt" lever, on the other hand, is further back – a bit harder to reach while driving - probably intentionally so! You can actually see it more clearly in the image I linked above than in your 2nd image which describes it's usage. It is the lighter gray lever located behind the "dark gray" lever that is highlighted in that image.

This lever should probably NOT be used while driving - or at least not while moving! It is a "release" lever and allows the seat back to "flop" (freely move) in either direction, as is typical for most American manual-seat vehicles. Pull on that one while driving, and if you're a big guy like me, the pressure of your back leaning against the seat back could have you staring at the roof in <0.1 seconds... LOL

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid