First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the hybrid lariat with luxury pkg and this will be my first truck.
What are you all planning on doing to get the most out of your truck bed?

I love camping in the back of my outback and I hope to get some sort of tent like this one to make the truck work:
https://realtruck.com/p/rightline-gear-truck-tents/v/ford/ranger/
I also want to build out a platform with storage underneath for all my gear for camping. I'm hoping all the flex bed features make that easy.
Is anyone already dreaming about mods and how to best utilize the space?
Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Ford has done the basic work for you. I dismissed the idea of this vehicle at first. A 4.5 ft. bed would be useless for my business. Then I saw how they had put serious thought into making that tiny tub re-configurable enough to actually make it useful. I bought one! Well done Ford!

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going with XL version and use savings for higher quality Leitner rack system and nicer RTT. Will build the drawer system after seeing what the bed can become. Something like this but scaled down to Maverick level Will still be able to use the bed for home depot runs, etc

Ford Maverick Making the Most of Your 4.5' Truck Bed {filename}

koolkats3

First Name
LuAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 vw passat
Looking for how to haul 2 bikes in the bed. Saw these two options. We struggle with the one bike that is an ebike which is heavy so we can't lift it up onto the suggested Thule rack that sits above the bed. And the front wheel is not removable. Any other ideas?
https://www.thule.com/en-us/bike-rack/truck-bed-bike-racks/thule-insta-gater-pro-_-501501
https://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Bike-Racks/Swagman/S64702.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Shop - Truck Bed Bike Racks&adgroupid=102868538824&campaignid=203080577&creative=420204168229&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9018945&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=CjwKCAjw7fuJBhBdEiwA2lLMYfquETc-RzxBJ0SXHZA-p4jWU_8UhvSbwQzQtIyhNq5iTE--SZlybxoC1xcQAvD_BwE

We use a hitch rack currently but will be towing a camper and don't want to add extra weight to the tongue or camper.

Do we need the bed extender? or if we have that, we likely can't use the hitch with camper, right?

Sponsored

koolkats3

First Name
LuAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 vw passat
I plan on using the slots with some 2x6's to secure my push cart and golf clubs so they're not sliding around while driving.
Thanks for idea - the hubby will maybe use truck for golf adventures, too.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
I'm making my own tonneau cover/cap. Will be 1/2 foamboard wrapped in redneck fiberglass "painters canvas tarp, titebond wood glue, and paint." Also called poor man's fiberglass. Installing adjustable legs to Raise it to cab height, then adhering canvas to the sides and extention to enclose opened tailgate so I can use as a tent occasionally or weatherproof storage should be a fun project I will share pictures possibly a video or two of the process. May include a small pull out storage that will double as a bed when camping.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking for how to haul 2 bikes in the bed. Saw these two options. We struggle with the one bike that is an ebike which is heavy so we can't lift it up onto the suggested Thule rack that sits above the bed. And the front wheel is not removable. Any other ideas?
https://www.thule.com/en-us/bike-rack/truck-bed-bike-racks/thule-insta-gater-pro-_-501501
https://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Bike-Racks/Swagman/S64702.html?feed=npn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google | Shop - Truck Bed Bike Racks&adgroupid=102868538824&campaignid=203080577&creative=420204168229&device=c&devicemodel=&feeditemid=&keyword=&loc_interest_ms=&loc_physical_ms=9018945&matchtype=&network=g&placement=&position=&gclid=CjwKCAjw7fuJBhBdEiwA2lLMYfquETc-RzxBJ0SXHZA-p4jWU_8UhvSbwQzQtIyhNq5iTE--SZlybxoC1xcQAvD_BwE

We use a hitch rack currently but will be towing a camper and don't want to add extra weight to the tongue or camper.

Do we need the bed extender? or if we have that, we likely can't use the hitch with camper, right?
You can use a folding ramp like:
https://www.discountramps.com/motoc...80&utm_content=Single Runner Motorcycle Ramps

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a 2002 Ford Sport Trac truck for 12 years that had a small bed. I hauled many a motorcycle in it with the tailgate down with bike going from left corner in front and right corner in rear. The 3 Motorcycles I own now should fit fine as the bed on the Maverick is bigger in almost all dimensions by and inch or so than the Sport Trac . I will be fine with the bed. My red really ugly bike
Ford Maverick Making the Most of Your 4.5' Truck Bed IMG_4747.JPG
when I got it below. What is looks like now 5 years later above.

Ford Maverick Making the Most of Your 4.5' Truck Bed before 1

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm doing a cap/topper to toss gear/luggage/etc under for camping, biking, fishing, cabin, and vineyard/farm trips. I'll string some led lights with the 12v electrical. I'm thinking of building a shelf over the front half to provide some privacy and easy stacking of gear/luggage. I'm also thinking of building an easily removable bar/hooks to span the back of the bed for groceries.