Sponsored

Main differences between XL and XLT? Is it really worth the extra couple Grand for what?

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been settled on an XLT add HPR, hitch, sliding window and bed mat for a while, but adding the cruise to XL standard this year really made me think. I believe I'm still going to go XLT because I want HPR. If I'm going to make payments on this thing, it needs to be a color I like looking at.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Mustang GT 95 mustang Cobra 2016 Silverado
I was really thinking about putting another order in somewhere for hot pepper red I seen it in person I liked it not sure if I'd want to own it or not though it is really a good looking color I'll tell you that I got some decisions to make I already have two on order I just want to make sure I get one sooner than later

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With the XL getting standard Cruise it was a no-brainer for me I can deal with manual mirrors I like the interior lot better in the XL no moonroof option which I didn't care for but she wanted saved me a thousand other than the rims and the different color interior mine are other things that I don't see myself using regularly I don't see the $2,000 plus mark up for the x l t that's just my two cents fellows hope you all have a great day I got two orders in one hybrid one echo boost let the waiting begin I have all the time in the world I don't need this truck anytime soon
I would have ordered an XL early on, until I actually test drove one. I just do not care for the all dark interior, MUCH prefer the blue jean looking seats. My current truck (ancient Ranger) doesn't have power adjustable mirrors, and granted it's only a pain a couple of times a year, but I still HATE that, and only the manual is available in the XL. And then there's paint: if you care about such things, the XL's are basically available in white and a bunch of variations on gray. To get into more interesting colors, you gotta go XLT. In the end, all that mean XLT for me.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, can’t stand the inside colors of XLT. Wheels/rims are replaced cheaper.
I am looking for 24 model year plugin hybrid.

Sponsored

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No moonroof is a deal breaker

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would have ordered an XL early on, until I actually test drove one. I just do not care for the all dark interior, MUCH prefer the blue jean looking seats. My current truck (ancient Ranger) doesn't have power adjustable mirrors, and granted it's only a pain a couple of times a year, but I still HATE that, and only the manual is available in the XL. And then there's paint: if you care about such things, the XL's are basically available in white and a bunch of variations on gray. To get into more interesting colors, you gotta go XLT. In the end, all that mean XLT for me.
Copilot 360 adaptive cruise control will net you power mirrors on an XL model

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Copilot 360 adaptive cruise control will net you power mirrors on an XL model
CoPilot 360 does not feature Adaptive Cruise Control. Need all of Lariat w/ Luxury Package, CP360, and CP360 Assist for ACC.

OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CoPilot 360 does not feature Adaptive Cruise Control. Need all of Lariat w/ Luxury Package, CP360, and CP360 Assist for ACC.
Point being is if you get co-pilot 360 on a XL model you do get power mirrors I've looked into this thoroughly it is a fact

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Point being is if you get co-pilot 360 on a XL model you do get power mirrors I've looked into this thoroughly it is a fact
Yes, but figured it was worth pointing out since people get confused about CP360 including ACC as it is and now further muddied by there being a like-named package that is required for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nitroponynj

Nitroponynj

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but figured it was worth pointing out since people get confused about CP360 including ACC as it is and now further muddied by there being a like-named package that is required for it.
It is confusing especially when you have different wording copilot 360 assist etc etc

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which is what I said. Why should I pay $2300 for upgraded wrong color seats on the XLt, only to have to pay $1500 to get them back? That's even more questionable value since I don't like black wheels. That's a big reason to not buy move up to an XLT. Only reason I'd consider XLT is to get the better Cyber Orange paint. My Mustang came with the black wheels, which I changed right away.

20180801_081302.jpg

20181218_132634.jpg

242403938_10157844874336580_6356597177494367894_n.jpg
I was being facetious. Buying the black package for an XLT to make it match and XL when you don't need or want anyone of the XLT only features is case of the saying a fool and his money are easily parted.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I put my orders in yesterday and got e-mails back from Ford so I am good to go however I'm very curious what the main differences are between XL and XLT I could do my homework I know but I know a lot of guys already know this answer right off the top of their head.
Actually, it's not that much more money. If you keep the truck for a long time you'll enjoy it more so the cost is spread out and it's worth more on the back end too. I'm sorry I didn't order a Lariat.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is confusing especially when you have different wording copilot 360 assist etc etc
On other vehicles they call the second package copilot360+ like the Escape for example.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was being facetious. Buying the black package for an XLT to make it match and XL when you don't need or want anyone of the XLT only features is case of the saying a fool and his money are easily parted.
I do like some of the XL features better, but not a fan of the Navy pier seats. I'm just going to order an XL, then do some upgrades.
Sponsored