First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes they do - shorter springs means shorter bump stop (attached instruction page/pic). I don’t believe they “settled” pretty much same heights measured when installed.

0E8A81FA-9C6D-470F-A7D7-0516A76B3D69.jpeg
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowChas

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bumping this question, is there a recommendation/need to do any trimming of the front bump stops for the H&R springs like with the Eibachs? Or any other thing that needs to be done besides swapping out the springs and aligning?
*Yes the front bump stops needs trimmed (i replied in another question with pic from instructions 20mm/.79"). Just make sure to get alignment afterwards, front toe/camber as for the rear no camber adjustments but toe setting needs to be set (I think slight rear camber offset is unavoidable & should be ok for tires if rotated often). Both the Eibach and HR spring kits are able to use the factory shocks and really the cheapest options/least amount of work required. The coilovers are more expensive and require more changes (stiffer ride quality) and the airbag kits are definitely more expensive and more work (but best off all worlds for looks and ride quality). I myself am happy with these HR springs (i wish were a little lower) as i live in michigan with bad weather & roads :cautious:

Last edited:

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FX4 Maverick & 1988 Mustang GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

ShadowChas Weren't you looking at the Eibach springs before? Was there a reason you went with H&R? My guess would be that they are very similar. I want to lower my 2023, in the spring and enjoy the feedback from both manufacturers.
Did you require the aftermarket camber bolt for the front alignment?

OP
OP
ShadowChas

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ShadowChas Weren't you looking at the Eibach springs before? Was there a reason you went with H&R? My guess would be that they are very similar. I want to lower my 2023, in the spring and enjoy the feedback from both manufacturers.
Did you require the aftermarket camber bolt for the front alignment?
I did try to get the Eibach first, but they canceled my order & removed part# off for a little bit. The only reason I went with the HR’s were I got them first & were supposed to be slightly lower. No I didn’t use the camber bolts - only had bump stops trimmed per: directions (both companies are similar using factory shocks, etc & I wouldn’t think either needs them camber bolts unless you need more aggressive) the back/rear of the maverick is unable to set camber only toe on the rears.

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did try to get the Eibach first, but they canceled my order & removed part# off for a little bit. The only reason I went with the HR’s were I got them first & were supposed to be slightly lower. No I didn’t use the camber bolts - only had bump stops trimmed per: directions (both companies are similar using factory shocks, etc & I wouldn’t think either needs them camber bolts unless you need more aggressive) the back/rear of the maverick is unable to set camber only toe on the rears.
Back to the bump stop , why does eibach give rear bump stops? And H&R don't?? Are they needed??

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShadowChas

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back to the bump stop , why does eibach give rear bump stops? And H&R don't?? Are they needed??
I haven't had any problems at all with my H&R set-up and I may be wrong but i think even the Eibach says to leave the rears alone for the awd?

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't had any problems at all with my H&R set-up and I may be wrong but i think even the Eibach says to leave the rears alone for the awd?
The eibach comes with new rear bump stops. Both eibach and h&r have you cut 20mm off the top of the front bump stops. Maybe just front wheel drive?? I have the H&R springs to install in the spring.

OP
OP
ShadowChas

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I couldn’t wait any longer even though it’s the 1st day of spring Michigan is still calling for snow this weekend 😞. Had my wheels/tires swapped out today. Discount Tire had to special order for me (they didn’t carry strada) and helped match price & deal on the whole package. 20 x 8.5 inch +40 offset Strada Perfetto S35 (I went with gloss black / red candy milled) and 245/50/20 General RT45. Here in Michigan with terrible roads I didn’t feel comfortable going bigger with less sidewalls and I had wanted to continue my black w/red accents I’ve been doing.

Ford Maverick Lowered on H&R super sport spring kit & finally added 20 inch Strada's D0112BC6-4DAD-4ECA-8D3C-9FF3D6134319

Ford Maverick Lowered on H&R super sport spring kit & finally added 20 inch Strada's 4D644F93-51D8-4E12-9CA2-C80C4E7B26AB

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Your truck looks great! I got my H&R lowering springs, should have some time available in a couple of weeks. I ordered the BAP because I thought maybe I would be satisfied with the factory 18's, but 20's look so good on these trucks.

All4spl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can we get a more level to the ground side photo?

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Engine
Undecided
So I couldn’t wait any longer even though it’s the 1st day of spring Michigan is still calling for snow this weekend 😞. Had my wheels/tires swapped out today. Discount Tire had to special order for me (they didn’t carry strada) and helped match price & deal on the whole package. 20 x 8.5 inch +40 offset Strada Perfetto S35 (I went with gloss black / red candy milled) and 245/50/20 General RT45. Here in Michigan with terrible roads I didn’t feel comfortable going bigger with less sidewalls and I had wanted to continue my black w/red accents I’ve been doing.

D0112BC6-4DAD-4ECA-8D3C-9FF3D6134319.jpeg

4D644F93-51D8-4E12-9CA2-C80C4E7B26AB.jpeg
Turned out amazing, Chuck! Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to help build this tire and wheel combo with you!

Havick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That side pic :love::love:

Mavericksport

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here’s some today of my “ecobeast awd”

8F50F428-296F-4293-AA71-D96A736C4EB1.jpeg

3E869015-CDDC-4A41-8D64-4A95A7D98C61.jpeg

126B767E-BF95-4A86-92E6-B68E97FD23AD.jpeg
Came out nice. My wheels are going on the next day after I get it back from the dealer, for the side curtain recall. What is the overall height of the wheel combo? Thanks
Sponsored