Sponsored

RG4245

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Question from someone who knows nothing about automotive paint. What did you have to do to get the trim and bumpers to match body color? New panels in a different material? Lay down a different substrate before paint? Simple sand and paint? Looks awesome and I always wonder how people accomplish this on a textured finish.

Deleted member 6544

Question from someone who knows nothing about automotive paint. What did you have to do to get the trim and bumpers to match body color? New panels in a different material? Lay down a different substrate before paint? Simple sand and paint? Looks awesome and I always wonder how people accomplish this on a textured finish.
First we need to know if the lower, what I'll call fascias, are mold in color or actually have a paint on them. Second it would b nice to know the substrate. If it is TPO with mold in color then an adhesion promoter would be needed then paint. I'd venture an educated guess that they are indeed TPO. If they are painted then yes scuff sand then probably just topcoat and clear. The mirror covers are probably nylon so scuff primer and paint. Door handles, maybe again nylon so the same.

Thodges

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal and Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lowest lowered / slammed / dumped Maverick pickup I've seen. 🙀

More info & pics. It's on bags.

Currently bagged, raised the front strut mount to sectioned rear cups to get it all the way down. Sitting on 22 inch asanti wheels. All color matched with added fender flares. Custom stereo and seats should be done in a week or so and hood and tailgate are at paint getting graphics. Should be cutting in a 40x40 sliding ragtop this Friday.

Lowered Ford Maverick pickup truck slammed suspension 5.jpg

Lowered Ford Maverick pickup truck slammed suspension 4.jpg

Lowered Ford Maverick pickup truck slammed suspension 3.jpg

Lowered Ford Maverick pickup truck slammed suspension 2.jpg

Lowered Ford Maverick pickup truck slammed suspension 1.jpg

Looks like it's getting some nice custom seat covers too.

260680920_5623334587693343_5074755236236629157_n.jpg

260928279_5623334774359991_7417444699341240877_n.jpg

261010525_5623334574360011_4619363413977617735_n.jpg

Ford Maverick Lowered Maverick pickup haters look away! This is one slammed / dumped street truck {filename}

Ford Maverick Lowered Maverick pickup haters look away! This is one slammed / dumped street truck {filename}

[/QUOTE

Sponsored

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
Looks great takes me back to the good old days. Love the color scheme on the hood and matching the trim.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks awesome! This takes me back to MiniTruckin’ days. Also apparently a lot of folks don’t seem to understand that the suspension is adjustable so you can air up the bags to raise it to drive then let the air out to lower it. It’s a show truck but still drivable.

Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I think it looks pretty cool. And to the haters, think of it like this.., Even though it’s not your cup o tea, the more interest and customizing that gets done to these trucks, the better it is for the aftermarket in whole.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love the paint scheme and graphics. Not of fan of slammed anything. Lowered, yes...just not slammed.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it looks pretty cool. And to the haters, think of it like this.., Even though it’s not your cup o tea, the more interest and customizing that gets done to these trucks, the better it is for the aftermarket in whole.
So very true.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but it's mine for sure! Very nicely done, and great attention to detail.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is very impressive work. We need designers and fabricators to push the edges of comfort! This is where we see innovation and ultimately the more popular trends wind up in high demand.

My hat is off to those who take chances and go their own way. Bravo!
Sponsored