First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We've had 50% tints on front windshields of a few cars, but my issue has always been clarity and I won't do it anymore after having had the last one removed. Even with the most expensive tint, and highly regarded (and different) tint shops, it would create a slight haze/blur on headlights of oncoming cars at night at certain angles. And you could see this during the day if you looked for it.

For me, once I see something it cannot be unseen. I really wish it wasn't like that because I think it looks good, but I just couldn't stand it.
As people age their vision goes to a point where they cannot (or should not) drive at night.

Tinting the front windshields just makes this worse.
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Window tint just gives cops a reason to pull you over...
Not true where I live. Nearly everyone has tint because it helps keep vehicles cooler in the summer. Only extra dark (illegal) tint on the front side windows or tinted windshields attract that kind of attention.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The higher the grade tint, the easier it is to see out at night. (usually) Nebraska is 35 front 20 rear. I've been running 20 all the way round for 10 years with no problem. The biggest help for me I found is the 5% strip across the top of the windshield. This makes a huge difference for me to where I can almost not wear my sun glasses! Between the Bookface and this forum there have been claims that the rear is between 30% and 12%. :ROFLMAO: I just may get my fronts to match the factory rear.

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WELL I THINK IN TODAYS WORLD MOST POLICE DO NOT LIKE DARK WINDOWS. HOW WOULD LIKE TO WALK UP TO THE DRIVER SIDE (OR EVEN THE PASSENGER'S SIDE) AND NOT SEE WHO IS INSIDE AND THAT THEY HAVE A GUN POINTED AT THEM . WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BE SEEN. AND WHEN YOU DRIVE IN YOU NEIBORHOOD YOUR FRIENDS CAN'NT WAVE, THEY CANNOT SEE WHO IT IS OR WHAT YOU MAYBE WAVING BACK. I LIKE TINTED WINDOWS, BUT ONLY ON THE REAR (LEFT, RIGHT AND BACK REAR0.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
California (your state?) doesn't have limits on window tint? I ask because I didn't know you could tint front windshields and I knew there was a limit on front side windows.
1634424804459.png
Personally, I couldn't do limo tint because I find it too dark when driving at night, although I do like the look of it!
California has one of the toughest Tint Laws in the country. Your truck looks fantastic but is just a question of time until they pull you over. First time you get only a warning and are asked to remove the tint. Second time 25 dollar ticket and order to remove the tint. Third time 200 dollars.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Surprised more people aren't mentioning how loud and buzzy the motor can be .Legit ride otherwise -

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Surprised more people aren't mentioning how loud and buzzy the motor can be .Legit ride otherwise -
I didn't get that impression personally. Is this your first time driving a turbo vehicle? My 2.0 non turbo Focus is much louder than this Eco 2.0 and produces 90 less HP. I am sure if it really bothers you an engine cover and maybe some under hood and firewall insulation could help. If you don't have a Lariat you can look into acoustic windshield films as well. It won't be as good as a factory installed one sandwiched between glass, but I am sure these will be available aftermarket at some point if you ever need to replace a windshield.

Top Cat Courtney

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titanium
Tint looks nice! My plans were to order the Area 51. but changed to Cactus gray at last minute. Your beautiful truck is making me wonder if I made the correct decision. But I think I will love it either way.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
WELL I THINK IN TODAYS WORLD MOST POLICE DO NOT LIKE DARK WINDOWS. HOW WOULD LIKE TO WALK UP TO THE DRIVER SIDE (OR EVEN THE PASSENGER'S SIDE) AND NOT SEE WHO IS INSIDE AND THAT THEY HAVE A GUN POINTED AT THEM . WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO BE SEEN. AND WHEN YOU DRIVE IN YOU NEIBORHOOD YOUR FRIENDS CAN'NT WAVE, THEY CANNOT SEE WHO IT IS OR WHAT YOU MAYBE WAVING BACK. I LIKE TINTED WINDOWS, BUT ONLY ON THE REAR (LEFT, RIGHT AND BACK REAR0.
EVERYONE HAS THERE OPINION. I like it dark especially when I’ll be in my vehicle most of the day every day. I want like what op did and is what all my cars has and only had a problem with cops once in south Florida. They give 2 shits about tint

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tinting laws are defined by the fed's. But each state is allowed to enforce at their discretion. Got a ticket in Iowa for $138 in an out of state rental car....Iowa tends to be enforcers to the letter of the fed laws....but small towns that need more revenue do some times enforce tinting laws. Thought I'd fight it but Iowa patrolman that gave me the ticket at a weigh station gave me a copy of the federal regulations. According to the federal regulations, front windows can not be tinted except by the manufacturer (I think mfgers can only do 70% tint on windshield ....but patrolman admitted some states do not enforce any of the tint laws, but some only enforce them on "federal highways". Most states also have their own tinting laws. As others have said and I totally agree, I look for the faces at intersections to try to see which way someone is going to turn and see if they see me...especially when I'm on a motorcycle.

Last edited:

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just about 2 weeks of ownership with this truck and I’m loving it more and more by the day. The ride is great, the road noise is almost nonexistent, the acceleration is smooth and quick, it’s very comfortable, and the Area 51 far exceeded my already-high expectations. It looks different every time I walk outside. My only minor complaint is the engine noise. It’s a bit loud on acceleration, almost reminds me of a 2-stroke dirt bike, but it still sounds strong and has tons of power and response.

Got the windows tinted today - limo tint on the doors and back and then 50% tint on windshield. Love how it turned out. Hopefully these pics can help some others with an Area 51 coming to see what it will look like. I’m happy to answer any questions anyone may have.

7171C44B-81D3-47C8-83A1-9DBFA27BA218.jpeg
73D58188-AD9B-4B52-9419-40427BADF6D3.jpeg
502BC2D9-B960-48EB-92C8-09FD01FF0FDF.jpeg
1C83B9E4-2BE3-4D07-BC37-C5DC702C0013.jpeg
4352721C-C7B6-425B-ABC0-5E712904ED34.jpeg
DF6BAE92-45F0-43A8-9D4E-18412539F2FA.jpeg
2CF2D58F-042F-4DFB-AF48-BF2D3CCC916C.jpeg
5C097828-50E9-481E-8423-6D8F0482EDF4.jpeg
01D26377-DB2E-4167-BABA-ABE508B647A9.jpeg
Wow that looks really nice! Personally, I will never go back to a dark tint - I had it on an Audi Q5 and during night drives it was challenging to view out the side windows. During the daytime - it was awesome! But would rather default to ease of driving during the day.... good luck and thanks for taking the time to give us all an overview!
Sponsored