Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Just about 2 weeks of ownership with this truck and I’m loving it more and more by the day.
I see you're in Santa Clarita. There's a white XL Maverick running around Newhall. Not sure who owns it.

I do my front sides in 70% and my rear sides and back in 5%. In CA its illegal, but they almost never enforce it. I've been tinting my windows for 40 years and never been hassled for it.

Correction; I do my front sides in 30%. 70% is not very dark at all.
I do what you did before your correction. I have 70% ceramic on my front sides and 5% regular dyed tint on top of whatever is the factory dyed glass.

Went with 70% since my view out the back is obstructed and backing up at night with tinted windows is pretty difficult. Truck has a backup camera, but I primarily use the side mirrors to line myself up to the driveway.

Someone mentioned you can even get a clear film that blocks the majority of sun heat. Is that true?
I have 70% ceramic on my front side windows for that exact reason. 70% is virtually clear, but the film blocks something like 99.5% of UV and something like 60% infrared. Bottom line is, I can put my arm right up against the glass and barely feel any heat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brice

Brice

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
I see you're in Santa Clarita. There's a white XL Maverick running around Newhall. Not sure who owns it.

I do what you did before your correction. I have 70% ceramic on my front sides and 5% regular dyed tint on top of whatever is the factory dyed glass.

Went with 70% since my view out the back is obstructed and backing up at night with tinted windows is pretty difficult. Truck has a backup camera, but I primarily use the side mirrors to line myself up to the driveway.

I have 70% ceramic on my front side windows for that exact reason. 70% is virtually clear, but the film blocks something like 99.5% of UV and something like 60% infrared. Bottom line is, I can put my arm right up against the glass and barely feel any heat.
I still have yet to see another Maverick than mine at all - at a dealer or “in the wild.” Hoping to see some show up around Santa Clarita soon. But, I have had countless people ask me to roll the window down at a stoplight or approach me in a parking lot and ask about it. Every one of them have said it’s the first Maverick they have seen.

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is windshield tint even legal to any degree?
This might "look" good but for other drivers on the road they have zero eye contact with you and frankly it's pretty shitty.

ElDorado Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
California (your state?) doesn't have limits on window tint? I ask because I didn't know you could tint front windshields and I knew there was a limit on front side windows.
1634424804459.png
Personally, I couldn't do limo tint because I find it too dark when driving at night, although I do like the look of it!
Yes, California has similar regulations. Windshield is a no-go (just a strip on the top)

BamaMav

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Ranger
Tint looks nice! My plans were to order the Area 51. but changed to Cactus gray at last minute. Your beautiful truck is making me wonder if I made the correct decision. But I think I will love it either way.
Thats funny, I ordered the Area 51 and every time I see the Cactus Gray I second guess my decision!

Sponsored

Lucius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lucius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm digging your truck. Thought I had to have the black wheels, but yours look sharp as well. After only four days of driving, I'm mostly happy with my decision to order this back in July. One thing that's getting on my nerves is that the back seat falls forward if I break too hard. It gets annoying hearing that thud as I drive through town. Anyone else experiencing that?

Also, why the heck doesn't this truck have a ceiling grab handle for the driver??? Between that and the hard plastic on the sill, my left elbow is not loving this vehicle.

BTW, I did appreciate the comments on tinting. It gave me something to go by as I take it in tomorrow to get the front windows done.

Ford Maverick Loving Area 51 Maverick XLT FX4 more each day, especially after limo tint + 50% windshield tint (owner's review) Rainy Day Maverick

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
50% windshield ? I don't think I'd want any tint on it. I really do like that UV film for the windshield for heat deflection and glare reduction, but not light reduction...
Not to mention, I don't know about your state, but even in CA, I think if they could tell your windshield was tinted, they might actually take the time to ticket you.

mine has been tinted for 4.5 yrs …it is colorless clear as glass. blocks 96% of UVA\rays. love it! not even detectable!

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Any tint on windshield is 100% not legal CHP will ticket you if not tow it.
2. Engine noise is do to no under hood blanket. add some and see considerable difference
3. Glad to see you are having as much fun as we would expect with the Mav.
And just noise so far is good news.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2. Engine noise is do to no under hood blanket. add some and see considerable difference
m y windshield tint i 100% clear! cant detect it….not worried at all.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I will not let CHP scare me w/ windshield tint fix it ticket.

Barrow007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

I went to Ziebart yesterday to get my windows tinted and they don’t have a pattern yet for the maverick so I couldn’t get it done

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I went to Ziebart yesterday to get my windows tinted and they don’t have a pattern yet for the maverick so I couldn’t get it done
I suggest you find a reputable standalone tint shop that doesn't rely on a machine to cut the tint.

A window tinter worth their salt will trace and cut the tint by hand. Machine-cut tint is faster to install but the fitment isn't as good.
Sponsored