Sponsored

Love my Maverick, but the wife hates it.

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
Maybe it is time trade the wife in for a newer version lol
Sponsored

KHut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love my Mav as well, but I much prefer the sound of my 2007 Sportrac V8 with Flomasters on it. While it's not a big truck as well, it growls like a beast going down the road. Perhaps I can install an external speaker on the Mav and pipe that sound out as I'm driving this little sewing machine...
Ford Maverick Love my Maverick, but the wife hates it. Mav Sportrac

Pumkin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado Ford Transit 350 HD
Wife currently has a 2017 diesel Colorado which she loves. I sort of talked her into getting a Maverick hybred so we could flat tow behind our class c. But I told her we were not trading in the Colorado until I'm sure she likes it. We are older than dirt so it doesn't matter which vehicle we keep. But hoping for the Mav.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife likes my new Maverick….except for the color. She’s the only one who has complained about the color. She also throws in some passive-aggressive digs, such as “Hey turn on the seat-warmer” when she knows full well the XLT doesn’t have them.

She’s had essentially almost 100% input on our last three vehicles, so she accepts that this is MY truck.
How nice of her to "let you have your truck"!

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traded in a practically new 21 Ram 1500 Laramie with the HEMI and 4x4 for my Maverick. I liked the Ram but it was more my wife's idea of a dream vehicle rather than my own. I never really liked driving big vehicles but still bought the Ram earlier this year because I thought I would just need to get used to the size plus I knew she loved it. There is virtually nothing I don't like about the Maverick (with the exception of the engine sound). It's damn near perfect for me but she refuses to drive it and just says "its cute".

Hell with the money difference on the trade in, I was able to pay off her Highlander. Oh well, can't please everyone I guess. I do miss the sound system in the Ram though. That thing sounded amazing.
Put the Maverick in Sport mode ... you'll hear an engine sound.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the opposite problem, My wife likes the Maverick. This is an issue as she wants to drive it. Consider your self lucky 🍀.
I have a 2012 Escape. My wife liked it so much that I had to trade in her Focus for a new 2014 Escape. Now I'm waiting on my Maverick, but will I have to buy another Mav when she gets to ride in my new one?

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How nice of her to "let you have your truck"!
Exactly!! The only negative comments I’ve gotten on this truck have come from her. She actually likes the truck design, quality of the ride, etc. She’s just not a fan of the Hot Pepper Red. I just shoot her a sly smile when people compliment the color.:cool::sneaky:

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2012 Escape. My wife liked it so much that I had to trade in her Focus for a new 2014 Escape. Now I'm waiting on my Maverick, but will I have to buy another Mav when she gets to ride in my new one?
good chance you end up with 2 Mavericks. If she doesn’t like the Maverick the Bronco Sport is really nice too. My wife said she would hold out tell I buy her a full size Bronco. If I get promoted again in the next 2 years I could swing it.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

good chance you end up with 2 Mavericks. If she doesn’t like the Maverick the Bronco Sport is really nice too. My wife said she would hold out tell I buy her a full size Bronco. If I get promoted again in the next 2 years I could swing it.
My wife loves her Bronco Sport.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

She doesn't like it? Bonus!

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I gave up a Ram too and also don't miss it. The audio is the Maverick is easily fixed if you are willing to spend a little money.

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

mine isn’t really impressed with the Maverick either. I didn't buy it for her though. I like it.
Sponsored