spleener

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT - Iconic Silver w/ LUX and BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is it that any post about the seat belt minder breaks down into people arguing about seatbelts? one is not representative of the other. Anyways, I removed the seatbelt pop-up reminder/beep permanently, but felt it useless to post because the thread is just diluted with people debating
I agree -- debates in 2023 about whether seatbelts should be worn in a moving vehicle are pretty ridiculous. Seatbelts are always worn by me and any passengers in my truck. BUT -- the seat belt pop-ups and reminders in the Mav are buggy and very annoying. How did you permanently remove them?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ohh man. I mountain bike with some guys that have had the same injury and it's true how offset by such little amount affects so much
Yep its been 17 years and I still feel it being a lil off with every movement of that arm. I can carry 200lbs on that shoulder easy enough but it just aint quite right.

Why is everyone trying to shame you? Personally, IDGAF. You’re eventually going to help contribute to overpopulation and traffic reduction.
I know, right? Like I dont get enough being a fat, hairy, ginger, maverick enthusiast:ROFLMAO:. Also I dont procreate or endorse it. Even though I am an obvious near perfect specimen.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Huh what a surprise most "safety features" are really just distracting hindrances interesting. If you listen to most people in society or even this forum you would think that anything with safety in its name would be sacrosanct
Oh no, a beep is disturbing the gig economy. Better rip the seat belts and electric running signals out of all the vehicles.

My son is also an avid seat belt hater, and it bothers us a lot but he is old enough to make his own choices, so we don't argue about it. I'll always wear mine and if you don't well, that's your choice and I wish you continued good luck.
My brother was extremely anti belt. One day they towed his truck to the house after a low speed crash. He had a huge knob on his head and there are a suspiciously placed web of cracks in the windshield, obviously from an impact on the inside.

I have no idea how he avoided going to the hospital, but he wears his belt now.

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree -- debates in 2023 about whether seatbelts should be worn in a moving vehicle are pretty ridiculous. Seatbelts are always worn by me and any passengers in my truck. BUT -- the seat belt pop-ups and reminders in the Mav are buggy and very annoying. How did you permanently remove them?
Warning, it can be a destructive process, if you do attempt this, it is recommended to attempt on the rear seats first because they're harder to remove but easier to replace. So here it is:

Step 1: Open the seatbelt buckle

- The seatbelt is held together by sliding into place at the top of the buckle (red button side) and has 2 permanent plastic pins at the bottom. So the only way I figured to get it open was to pry at the seams perpendicular to the buckle on both sides till the plastic was forced out of the top.
Ford Maverick Love my Maverick, but it's annoying to use for Uber PXL_20230401_161539506

- Once the top is out, you can try to save the white tabs by gently wiggling the bottom upwards, however you most likely will break the white plastic tabs. That's fine, I just glued them together, but if you can save one, it helps put it back more securely.

Step 2: Making the seatbelt permanently "buckled"

- How the system works, is there's a metal plunger on one side that dips into a contact, when it makes contact, the seatbelt is buckled! So all you have to do is drill out the rivet to drop the metal plunger into it's contact.

Ford Maverick Love my Maverick, but it's annoying to use for Uber PXL_20230327_2337437072~3

- The green is where the plunger is riveted in, and the white/red is where it drops into to activate.

Step 3: Test the seatbelt

- Don't put it back together yet, turn the car on and see if the car sees it as buckled, also make sure the seatbelt still buckles.

- After you make sure the seatbelt is coming up as buckled, test fit the plastic piece back on and make sure the seatbelt itself still clicks in. If the plastic is malformed inwards it will block the seatbelt from buckling in.

Step 4: Put it back together

- Slide the top part in and push the bottom part of the plastic back down on the white tabs, if you broke the tabs off, I recommend a dot of superglue on each to put it back together. Putting it back is significantly easier then taking it apart the first time

Step 5: Double check the buckle still works

- Just make sure once it's back together it still buckles as intended, you don't wanna have to take it apart to fix once the superglue dries.

Disclaimers:
- You can also try to just bridge the wires that the seatbelt uses, however you'll need to find what resistance it uses and put a resistor in the bridged connection.

- In the event of a crash, the system will set off all the airbags in the car.

*I take no responsibility for the damage to the safety system, seatbelt system or car in this process. Do this at your own risk, it may void your warranty. This is merely knowledge sharing and I personally am not advocating for or against the use of seatbelts or tampering with safety systems.*

Last edited:

spleener

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT - Iconic Silver w/ LUX and BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warning, it can be a destructive process, if you do attempt this, it is recommended to attempt on the rear seats first because they're harder to remove but easier to replace. So here it is:

Step 1: Open the seatbelt buckle

- The seatbelt is held together by sliding into place at the top of the buckle (red button side) and has 2 permanent plastic pins at the bottom. So the only way I figured to get it open was to pry at the seams perpendicular to the buckle on both sides till the plastic was forced out of the top.
PXL_20230401_161539506.jpg

- Once the top is out, you can try to save the white tabs by gently wiggling the bottom upwards, however you most likely will break the white plastic tabs. That's fine, I just glued them together, but if you can save one, it helps put it back more securely.

Step 2: Making the seatbelt permanently "buckled"

- How the system works, is there's a metal plunger on one side that dips into a contact, when it makes contact, the seatbelt is buckled! So all you have to do is drill out the rivet to drop the metal plunger into it's contact.

PXL_20230327_2337437072~3.jpg

- The green is where the plunger is riveted in, and the white/red is where it drops into to activate.

Step 3: Test the seatbelt

- Don't put it back together yet, turn the car on and see if the car sees it as buckled, also make sure the seatbelt still buckles.

- After you make sure the seatbelt is coming up as buckled, test fit the plastic piece back on and make sure the seatbelt itself still clicks in. If the plastic is malformed inwards it will block the seatbelt from buckling in.

Step 4: Put it back together

- Slide the top part in and push the bottom part of the plastic back down on the white tabs, if you broke the tabs off, I recommend a dot of superglue on each to put it back together. Putting it back is significantly easier then taking it apart the first time

Step 5: Double check the buckle still works

- Just make sure once it's back together it still buckles as intended, you don't wanna have to take it apart to fix once the superglue dries.

Disclaimers:
- You can also try to just bridge the wires that the seatbelt uses, however you'll need to find what resistance it uses and put a resistor in the bridged connection.

- In the event of a crash, the system will set off all the airbags in the car.

*I take no responsibility for the damage to the safety system, seatbelt system or car in this process. Do this at your own risk, it may void your warranty. I'm not advocating the use of seatbelts or tampering with safety systems.*
Thank you for sharing... although there's no way in hell I'll be doing this! I was hoping for a software hack 🤣

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for sharing... although there's no way in hell I'll be doing this! I was hoping for a software hack 🤣
Lol, yeah ForScan let me down on this one, there is an option, but it didn't work for me... Though it did allow you to change the noise to come from the HUD instead of the speakers, perhaps you can find the speaker in the HUD and clip that

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Back in post #24. How is this not simply the best of all worlds? I feel with this you can deactivate all reminders and use your seatbelt and it does not modify your truck.

Ford Maverick Love my Maverick, but it's annoying to use for Uber 1680369100220

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back in post #24. How is this not simply the best of all worlds? I feel with this you can deactivate all reminders and use your seatbelt and it does not modify your truck.

1680369100220.jpeg
I've had them before, they broke within a year (not quite what you want from a safety device). They also don't feel sturdy when in the OEM buckle, and whenever I had passengers they would more often then not just unplug the OEM buckle anyways so this would come out with the belt. They're fine for if they're seldom used, but I personally wouldn't use them again.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading this entire post, the thing that confuses me the most is why anyone would use a brand new vehicle for Uber service? I wouldn't do that no matter how much it paid, wait till someone pisses themselves or pukes in it or bleeds in it, I can't imagine how much it would cost to clean or replace upholstery, this is what BEATER vehicles are made for!

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading this entire post, the thing that confuses me the most is why anyone would use a brand new vehicle for Uber service? I wouldn't do that no matter how much it paid, wait till someone pisses themselves or pukes in it or bleeds in it, I can't imagine how much it would cost to clean or replace upholstery, this is what BEATER vehicles are made for!
For one, this is a < $30,000 car, it's not like a brand new Escalade or Range Rover, as well as it's fuel efficient (hybrid). So personally, sometimes I just wanna make a few bucks and drive around. I love my car, and only do short local trips with it, and the money I make I use to buy more accessories for my car. If you're doing Uber for a living and not just for spending cash then yes I agree, a $8,000 beater prius is the better solution.

Sponsored

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I usually buy a sub $10,000 car like a 3rd generation Prius but then mine got rear-ended and the used car market went crazy. So a $10,000 Prius now has 250,000 miles on it. why buy a car that is going to need $10,000+ in maintenance in the first year of onwership. you can buy a new maverick hybrid for the same price as the used car Plus the maintenance.

For the record no one has ever bled or thrown up in one of my cars. I drive during the day. Taking commuters to work, elderly people to their doctor's appointments, business people to the airport and tourists to touristy things.

The dangerous part is all the other incompetent irrational and unsafe drivers that I have to share the road with because America can't get with the program and stop these people from driving.

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, yeah ForScan let me down on this one, there is an option, but it didn't work for me... Though it did allow you to change the noise to come from the HUD instead of the speakers, perhaps you can find the speaker in the HUD and clip that
It can be done. I got rid of the seat belt chime and the door open Chime with forscan. Gotta keep trying.

MesaMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F-150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had them before, they broke within a year (not quite what you want from a safety device). They also don't feel sturdy when in the OEM buckle, and whenever I had passengers they would more often then not just unplug the OEM buckle anyways so this would come out with the belt. They're fine for if they're seldom used, but I personally wouldn't use them again.
I was poster 24.
I've had these for 3 years now in both my car and my F-150. They are used every single day and not one has ever failed. Only twice has someone unbuckled the oem buckle.
These are solid and I'll use them in every vehicle I'll ever own, including my Maverick if it's ever built
Sponsored