First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw the swing box on the accessories and thought that would be neat as heck.
So i just had it installed on the driver side of XLT.
I'm extremely disappointed in the construction and build. The lock does not lock worth its salt.

I was not expecting bulletproof tamper PROOF. But this just seems like a joke. To call it tamper resistant is a far stretch.

Also the hinge lock is plastic it can be pried off.
I have seen the Swing case at auto parts /4WD store and it looks to be exactly the same thing except that the hinge lock has pad lock u bolt that i may also fabricate I
Does anybody's eles box do this ?

I'm going to talk with a ford rep to see what my options are. but if thay cannot help me i'm going to fabrecate a fix for both my issues

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm extremely disappointed in the construction and build. The lock does not lock worth its salt.

I was not expecting bulletproof tamper PROOF. But this just seems like a joke. To call it tamper resistant is a far stretch.

I have seen the Swing case at auto parts /4WD store and it looks to be exactly the same thing except that the hinge lock has pad lock u bolt that i may also fabricate I

I'm going to talk with a ford rep to see what my options are. but if thay cannot help me i'm going to fabrecate a fix for both my issues

I had two Undercover tool boxes on both sides of my 2012 RAM 1500 Limited and this looks like a cheap copy. As you said mine had a metal locking hinge welded to the metal frame with a latch that you put a regular lock like the ones you would use on a fence gate through and the lock that opened the top wasn't pressure fit into the box. Much better design but that was 10 years ago so who knows what they've "improved" on that one now but the Ford Box is a joke. Thanks for the video since it pretty much says that this design is garbage.

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had two Undercover tool boxes on both sides of my 2012 RAM 1500 Limited and this looks like a cheap copy. As you said mine had a metal locking hinge welded to the metal frame with a latch that you put a regular lock like the ones you would use on a fence gate through and the lock that opened the top wasn't pressure fit into the box. Much better design but that was 10 years ago so who knows what they've "improved" on that one now but the Ford Box is a joke. Thanks for the video since it pretty much says that this design is garbage.
Wow, I was seriously considering purchasing this box for our Maverick until I read these comments. I believe that I will pass on these unless they change the locking mechanism or drastically reduce their cost. Thanks for sharing!

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your review. I believe that I will pass on this purchase.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.

Wow, what a joke. The one I installed on my old truck was much different quality. I just assumed they were the same company branded with the Ford logo.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a cool idea for small things. When I need to bag up some tools and work on stuff I'll load my Dewalt bags with enough to get the job done and carry them to and from the garage, truck work/job to be done site and back again.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What a disgrace for the price, Ford should be ashamed to have their logo on there. More cheap cr@p made in china.

OP
OP
thyITguy

thyITguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It really is unfortunate... oh well off to the workbench to fab a fix and make it stronger

OP
OP
thyITguy

thyITguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also was told that it was ordered with the truck and on the window sticker i may have have no recourse.
I find that to be really annoying as well

lesnav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Lux 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
is there an better alternative for the maverick?

Sponsored
OP
OP
thyITguy

thyITguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: I went to the 4WD / store and saw the swingcase in person again.
It look exactly the same I would say based on shape and serial sticker and resemblance that they make the ford sticker'd one.

The issue with the lock may be just my box. There is a wedge of plastic built into the box that if worn off on mine and does not hold. (i still dont agree that its enough for the price ) But it holds better than mine

and the padlock is definitely a better idea in my mind
Ford Maverick Looking for others' thoughts  ...Ford Branded Swing box is just SAD IMG20220504143457

Ford Maverick Looking for others' thoughts  ...Ford Branded Swing box is just SAD IMG20220504143543

Ford Maverick Looking for others' thoughts  ...Ford Branded Swing box is just SAD IMG20220504143829

This is the opposite side of the box unused as this display model was a "driverside I install

Ford Maverick Looking for others' thoughts  ...Ford Branded Swing box is just SAD IMG20220504143842

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Wow thanks for doing the video & posting. I was thinking of getting one just for stuff my husband usually has thrown in the bed or back seat, tie downs etc nothing of value. For the price, even the $200 Amazon one, this isn't worth it and just the temptation for someone to ruin it trying to break in discouraged me.
Sponsored