Sponsored

Long McArthur 794 MY23 Orders from Episode 58 & 59 Live Stream, 132 XL, 449 XLT, 213 Lariat with 68.6% of them Hybrids !!!

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was listening to hear how many Tremor orders he took in. Anyone hear that? @fordvideoguy ? I wonder how many of those are new vs MY22 rollover?
Tim replied 33, none were rollovers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
huunvubu

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim replied 33, none were rollovers.
Couldn't have rolled over as there was no Tremor in MY22

If someone was rolling over an unbuilt MY22 to a MY23 Tremor they would have lost their Special $2750 or $1750 private offers.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fair enough @Sirk , but I still think LM really should have capped their Hybrid orders at about the 300 mark.

Even if LM miraculously receives 700 MY23 Allocations (which from Tim, it sounds like they are expecting less), if Ford can only build approx. 35% of those as Hybrids, LM would only recieve 245 Hybrid Mavericks. The 600+ Hybrid orders is just reckless.
Dave, I agree with you, LM sucking up orders from around the country is reckless.

I ordered my XLT luxury cp360 hybrid June 2021 from my dealer 3 miles away and received it Jan 2022 with no feature removed. I even got the factory spray-in bedliner. Back then I thought I set the wait record.

Your math of 245 makes sense. Once they hit 300, they should have been telling people they likely have a better chance at dealer with a shorter line. But even if Tim somehow thinks he can deliver 500, that still leaves 300 pissed off people!

Some defend Tim as if he is their friend. Bottom line he is a car salesman. Are all car salesmen dishonest? No, but I am sure he is not spending the time to do his videos out of the kindness of his heart. His owner must expect a big return on Tim's time in the form of sales numbers no matter how many hearts get broken.

The more orders LM sucks up from around the country the more potential commissions and bonuses. With around 800 orders, Tim is probably going to leave a lot hanging. He should be ashamed he did not warn them LM does not have enough allocations for the number of orders he was grabbing.

I am pretty sure LM hybrid orders from June and July 2021 had to roll into 2023. They had a lot of pissed off people last model year and this year will probably be much worse.

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couldn't have rolled over as there was no Tremor in MY22

If someone was rolling over an unbuilt MY22 to a MY23 Tremor they would have lost their Special $2750 or $1750 private offers.
Well, I did, not with LM. Yup, losing the special offer was worth it and I get a priority code 10. You don’t have to rollover to the same model. My total price difference was only about $1400 as the changes dropped a bunch of stuff I didn’t want/need.

Last edited:

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dave, I agree with you, LM sucking up orders from around the country is reckless.

I ordered my XLT luxury cp360 hybrid June 2021 from my dealer 3 miles away and received it Jan 2022 with no feature removed. I even got the factory spray-in bedliner. Back then I thought I set the wait record.

Your math of 245 makes sense. Once they hit 300, they should have been telling people they likely have a better chance at dealer with a shorter line. But even if Tim somehow thinks he can deliver 500, that still leaves 300 pissed off people!

Some defend Tim as if he is their friend. Bottom line he is a car salesman. Are all car salesmen dishonest? No, but I am sure he is not spending the time to do his videos out of the kindness of his heart. His owner must expect a big return on Tim's time in the form of sales numbers no matter how many hearts get broken.

The more orders LM sucks up from around the country the more potential commissions and bonuses. With around 800 orders, Tim is probably going to leave a lot hanging. He should be ashamed he did not warn them LM does not have enough allocations for the number of orders he was grabbing.

I am pretty sure LM hybrid orders from June and July 2021 had to roll into 2023. They had a lot of pissed off people last model year and this year will probably be much worse.
0 LM hybrid orders from June/July 2021 rolled over to 2023.

Your other points are valid about over taking orders. It is a business like you say.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well, the Escape is a snooze-fest so that is probably why it is always available. Boring colors, boring shape, no plug in hybrid-AWD combination, etc. I'm sure it is a fine vehicle but it isn't an exciting vehicle and it doesn't offer anything over what any other compact SUV offers. It has a lot of competition. I bought a RAV4 hybrid in April. I didn't even consider the Escape. A similarly equipped Escape (AWD, Hybrid, Adaptive Cruise, etc.) was about $5000 more than the RAV4.

The Maverick is unique right now. Clearly Ford should increase production but by the time they do so will they still have a corner on the market?
Everyone is at least a year out in the segment in any real numbers. I just thought the whole point of this platform sharing was interchangability. That should work in reverse to the assembly lines aswell. Would it be as efficient as a stand alone line, nope, but they might squeeze 7500 more Moverick out at a small percentage loss of profit for the model year. If they could slip some in to other shared platform lines. Wouldnt be easy but if they couldnt change it up in 6-9 months, thats just sad.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So now Ford has to pay 2 times for shipping a truck (once partially completed, once fully completed) adding 2-3 weeks transit time and that's supposed to be more efficient on a low cost vehicle?
No but it would increase production to meet demand on what is clearly a "hook" vehicle with little profits. Not more efficient, just more units, more units is more revenue, even if the extra is lost in operating costs, they can still post more units and more total revenue. Stock market will be happy and customers will be happy. Sounds like a win. As far as shipping costs 40% of truck transport miles are dead head miles, I assume there is a significant amount in rail freight aswell. I know I have seen alot of empty rail cars in my time. When I shipped expedited freight we gave deals on return loads even if it was just a stack of crates or shipping jigs that needed sent back.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They don't have parts to build more. The one plant isn't even up to full capacity.
Time to start building parts Ford. On all the 60s and 70s Fords Ive owned damn near every part outside of nuts and bolts had a Ford logo on it. Sure a bunch were suppliers with a stamp, but alot were made by Ford. Bring more stuff in house. Hire more skilled and trainable people.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where have you been? It's been a fun year wait? You all are late to the party? :ROFLMAO:
Call me naive but I didn’t think Ford could do much worse than they did with the 22s. This is very much a “hold my beer” performance.

Last edited:

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Time to start building parts Ford. On all the 60s and 70s Fords Ive owned damn near every part outside of nuts and bolts had a Ford logo on it. Sure a bunch were suppliers with a stamp, but alot were made by Ford. Bring more stuff in house. Hire more skilled and trainable people.
That’s not how modern manufacturering works. Nothing complex in your home is single sourced.

every sub-supplier specializes in the components they make and are the best price by far.

there are likely thousands of unique components that go into a Maverick and sub-suppliers provide the majority of them. Ford cannot afford to do it themselves without making each truck far more expensive. Even if they had the time to start building in house Ford would end up with over priced vehicles that no one would buy.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You have to assume that some folks placing orders with Tim and Long McArthur have back-up orders with other dealers, especially since some dealers that required a deposit for 2022 models aren’t doing it for the 2023s.
My backup plan was/is a Bronco Sport Heritage Edition. When I saw the ‘23 Maverick ordering getting pushed back, we wanted a backup plan for getting a car delivered in the Summer of ‘23. So I placed an order on 12 August with Tim and his group. Guess what I received yesterday? A VIN and a scheduled build week. With luck we will have the Sport by the New Year. #backupplan. I still placed the Maverick order, just being realistic.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That’s not how modern manufacturering works. Nothing complex in your home is single sourced.

every sub-supplier specializes in the components they make and are the best price by far.

there are likely thousands of unique components that go into a Maverick and sub-suppliers provide the majority of them. Ford cannot afford to do it themselves without making each truck far more expensive. Even if they had the time to start building in house Ford would end up with over priced vehicles that no one would buy.
The issue is that "how modern manufacturing works" has left us with a 4 day window to order a truck that might be built within a year. The reason modern manufacturing IS modern is because it replaced, incrementaly, older styles in various parts of the vast system. It got modern because it was modernized. That is not a one and done thing. It is a constant improvement. I am suggesting ideas. The winds of change once blew us to here, the now. Now they are blowing us somewhere else.

Tides go back and forth, trends go back and forth, science goes back and forth. Maybe, and this is just a idea not a decree, manufacturing processes can go back and forth too. If a company cant get something, that is required for it to make money, then it should think about making the thing that they need or atleast getting more involved with the people that do make it.

Im throwing ideas into the endless void of cyberspace. What is it that every one who is refusing my ideas tossing in? Other ideas or just rebuttals?

581u812

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You guys are overthink this whole situation. Order one and if you do not get one, move on. This Ford debacle with these order issues when it comes to Bronco and Maverick will give room for other manufactures to come in with competitive models. Rumor is Toyota is building maverick comp model. Ford really needs to step it up.

This is my first time ordering Ford's and so far this reminds me of using bots to secure hyped products online. Not a good look.
I agree, but I'm placing an order for a vehicle that exist, even if scarce. I love Toyota, but they been riding that Tacoma forever that is just too darn expensive and large for my garage.

Toyota may have never even entered this realm if a company such as Ford didnt recreate it.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The issue is that "how modern manufacturing works" has left us with a 4 day window to order a truck that might be built within a year. The reason modern manufacturing IS modern is because it replaced, incrementaly, older styles in various parts of the vast system. It got modern because it was modernized. That is not a one and done thing. It is a constant improvement. I am suggesting ideas. The winds of change once blew us to here, the now. Now they are blowing us somewhere else.

Tides go back and forth, trends go back and forth, science goes back and forth. Maybe, and this is just a idea not a decree, manufacturing processes can go back and forth too. If a company cant get something, that is required for it to make money, then it should think about making the thing that they need or atleast getting more involved with the people that do make it.

Im throwing ideas into the endless void of cyberspace. What is it that every one who is refusing my ideas tossing in? Other ideas or just rebuttals?
Your right the tide is shifting. The ideal of Globalism has failed. The supply chains are broke. Just-in-time manufacturing with sourcing from distant lands and/or companies not aligned to your business or interest with too many points of failure between you and your plants or customers is coming home to roost.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs