Sponsored

Long McArthur 794 MY23 Orders from Episode 58 & 59 Live Stream, 132 XL, 449 XLT, 213 Lariat with 68.6% of them Hybrids !!!

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know. It's working out pretty good for Tesla. They make a huge percentage of their parts in house (they even have a seat factory) and that is probably a pretty big reason they are building 1800 cars per day in their California plant right now.
Have you ever tried repairing a tesla or ordering spare parts? They are nearly impossible to get. My friend had a $120,000 car sit in a garage for eight months before the parts arrived to repair it, and this was pre pandemic. It got worse post pandemic.

Using Tesla as an example of the bastion of global success in the market isn’t the wisest move. I’ve had a Cybertruck preorder since 2019 for a truck that was supposed to go into production in 2021. Telsa only remains successful because their rabid fanbase puts up with the ineptitudes, and because it is a status symbol in China.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know. It's working out pretty good for Tesla. They make a huge percentage of their parts in house (they even have a seat factory) and that is probably a pretty big reason they are building 1800 cars per day in their California plant right now.
It's a lot easier to build a toaster than a real car, but they have MANY parts they can't build in house, including semiconductor chips.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Long Mcarthur taking orders for 795 Mavericks is just greedy and careless. They are going to have fun explaining to 500+ "buyers" that their orders won't be built after waiting all year to get one. Glad I decided to order locally, my dealer took 45 Maverick orders for 2023. I have at least a 50% chance or better of getting one.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long Mcarthur taking orders for 795 Mavericks is just greedy and careless. They are going to have fun explaining to 500+ "buyers" that their orders won't be built after waiting all year to get one. Glad I decided to order locally, my dealer took 45 Maverick orders for 2023. I have at least a 50% chance or better of getting one.
I get a good chuckle out of how people ordering through small dealers all complained about the big dealers getting more allocations. And then at the same time people who ordered through a big dealer complain that the "dozens" of allocations aren't enough to cover the hundreds of orders.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I get a good chuckle out of how people ordering through small dealers all complained about the big dealers getting more allocations. And then at the same time people who ordered through a big dealer complain that the "dozens" of allocations aren't enough to cover the hundreds of orders.
The dealer I ordered from is not a small dealer. They are actually one of the larger Chicago area dealers. They actually had a Ford GT in their showroom.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the 2:00:44 minute mark, Tim gave out their breakdown. 768 total with 131 XL's, 437 XLT's, and 206 Lariats. That works out to:

XL - 17%
XLT - 57%
Lariat - 26%
The number he gave out on his Thursday night (last night) Facebook live was where I got the 795. Is that what you are quoting or are your numbers from an earlier YouTube session?

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The number he gave out on his Thursday night (last night) Facebook live was where I got the 795. Is that what you are quoting or are your numbers from an earlier YouTube session?
This was from Episode 58 on YT. I realize the numbers changed a little, but I don't think it had a significant impact on the percentages.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It didn’t. He said it was an 80/20 split.

psnb89

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4x4
Ford really should incorporate Maverick builds into an Escape assembly line. It seem every dealer has a half dozen of those available. Same platform. Re engineer it on the fly to atleast partially produce it then ship em down to ole Mexico for final. Capitalize on this. small efficient trucks are in. Who could have guessed?:rolleyes:
I really do not think many people would miss the fewer escapes hitting lots, conversely letting the plant in Mexico return capacity to the Bronco Sport would probably be more popular with customers and ensuring that more Mavericks are being delivered to guaranteed customers. I think at least all Lariats should be built at the plant building the Escape in Louisville, KY but probably the XLT Lux as well. XL and XLT non lux can remain in Mexico.

psnb89

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LS 2005 GMC Envoy SLE 4x4
Well if August 2023 rolls around and we're starting to get information about 2024 Mavericks and the moment orders open for 2024 and still no scheduled build for my 2023, I will roll over my order to a 2024 Hybrid version of what I have on order right now and take whatever price increase that comes and in the meanwhile to get me by for the next year will be to probably buy a 2019-2020 GMC Terrain or Chevy Equinox from Carmax to get by.

Sponsored

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the lucky position of having a 22 XLT hybrid going into production next month. I also have a 23 Lariat hybrid on order with Long McArthur.

If my 23 doesn’t get built and the 24 Maverick has another 8-10% price increase plus huge demand then I might be ready to be content with my 22 and not re-order. I will need another vehicle in 2024 because I will have one that will be hitting 10 years old but I will look to replace it with something other than a Maverick.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand the Long McArthur hate in this or any other thread. If you don't like their business model post your experience in the positive dealer thread that's still active.

Anybody who feels like they need to throw shade to cope or feel better about themselves or their situation needs to talk with their dealer face-to-face.

I think Mr. North and West Long care way more about their employees than a bunch of us anonymous internet posters when it comes to the operation of a multi million dollar business. With that said, I hope LM gets more allocations sells more Mavericks and every other Ford and Lincoln model that the rest of Kansas, the KC district and starts producing Roush Mavericks mid manufacture year.

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did they say how many Mavericks they actually delivered last year? 45 orders is a really, really small number. Most of the mid-size dealers around me had hundreds of orders. Last year I made the mistake of going with a small dealer. I thought I was pretty smart since I was #7 on their list instead of #95 at one of the bigger dealers. Unfortunately, my dealer only had 5 allocations last year out of roughly 12 orders they placed. This year they said their current allocation for MY23 is ONE. Compare that to LM whose allocation was 100X higher in MY22.

That being said, had I ordered from the larger dealer would I be driving a Maverick right now (or at least have a VIN)? Probably not. Most dealers here in Texas seemed to have only received about 40%-50% of their Mavericks hybrid orders. However it seems that dealers in other areas probably received 60%+ of their hyrbid orders (based on comments made here on MTC over the last few months). Not sure why the discrepancy.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I really do not think many people would miss the fewer escapes hitting lots, conversely letting the plant in Mexico return capacity to the Bronco Sport would probably be more popular with customers and ensuring that more Mavericks are being delivered to guaranteed customers. I think at least all Lariats should be built at the plant building the Escape in Louisville, KY but probably the XLT Lux as well. XL and XLT non lux can remain in Mexico.
Im down with that. Remember the 70s SBFs that were built in Mexico with higher nickel content and could take more compression? That and the 292 L6 AMC motors they build down there. Sometimes you could get cool stuff south of the border.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2024 Ridgeline hybrid… just putting it out there… maybe it will come into fruition if I don’t get my maverick…
Sponsored