Sponsored

Long McArthur 794 MY23 Orders from Episode 58 & 59 Live Stream, 132 XL, 449 XLT, 213 Lariat with 68.6% of them Hybrids !!!

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So I have a vin for a 22 eco, xlt but really wanted a hybrid. I ordered a hybrid XL on thursady and received the confirmation from Ford that night. Do you think getting an order in on Thursday gives me a better chance to possibly get it? I thought so when I ordered, but now, not really thinking too positively. On the bright side, I am very happy and looking forward to my 22 coming hopefully before Christmas!
Something else to consider is we don't know how many unbuilt 22 Hybrids were re-ordered as 23 Hybrids. Those existing customers are supposed to get priority level 10 from the dealer, so there could be a significant number of existing customers ahead of someone like yourself with a new 23 order. Of course nothing is stopping your dealer from also putting your new order at priority 10 right along side the existing customers, and I think that will cause the most problems as this ordeal unravels.
Sponsored

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Something else to consider is we don't know how many unbuilt 22 Hybrids were re-ordered as 23 Hybrids. Those existing customers are supposed to get priority level 10 from the dealer, so there could be a significant number of existing customers ahead of someone like yourself with a new 23 order. Of course nothing is stopping your dealer from also putting your new order at priority 10 right along side the existing customers, and I think that will cause the most problems as this ordeal unravels.
I wouldn't ask them to do that and really do sympathize with those October orders that didn't get filled. So, as Loyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber would say...."So you are telling me I've got a Chance!"

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I wouldn't ask them to do that and really do sympathize with those October orders that didn't get filled. So, as Loyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber would say...."So you are telling me I've got a Chance!"
After getting my order summary, I jokingly asked if they could change my priority from 19 to 10. With my order being brand new, I was expecting them to come back and say, sorry that's only for existing orders that were re-ordered. Nope, salesman replied "done" with the new order sheet showing 10 🤷‍♂️. It just goes to prove that existing customers are only getting priority if their dealer is on top of the situation. I know my dealer had 22s go unfulfilled so they should have been in the loop on the significance of the priority code.

And before anyone gets upset, my order is for an Ecoboost, so that very well could explain why my salesman didn't flinch to change my priority to 10. Maybe it would have been a different story if I had ordered hybrid..

MAVornoMavisthequestion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 toyota trd pro 4Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys are overthink this whole situation. Order one and if you do not get one, move on. This Ford debacle with these order issues when it comes to Bronco and Maverick will give room for other manufactures to come in with competitive models. Rumor is Toyota is building maverick comp model. Ford really needs to step it up.

This is my first time ordering Ford's and so far this reminds me of using bots to secure hyped products online. Not a good look.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys are overthink this whole situation. Order one and if you do not get one, move on. This Ford debacle with these order issues when it comes to Bronco and Maverick will give room for other manufactures to come in with competitive models. Rumor is Toyota is building maverick comp model. Ford really needs to step it up.

This is my first time ordering Ford's and so far this reminds me of using bots to secure hyped products online. Not a good look.
Dodge is also building a competitor.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dodge is also building a competitor.
Not for a while. I was wanting a Dakota rebirth for a while and I've given that project up for dead.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So how soon do you think it will be until Ford sends out an email or dealers start contacting hybrid orders that they should change to EB or not get a truck?

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So how soon do you think it will be until Ford sends out an email or dealers start contacting hybrid orders that they should change to EB or not get a truck?
Sounds like it's already happening!

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Earlier in the stream he mentioned that 80% of the orders submitted so far were Hybrids. :oops:
That far exceeds the 35% that is on the Ford Constraints list.
Not surprising. There were similar proportions when hybrid ordering closed on MY22. My guess is that rather than extend retail EB orders this year they'd rather close them out early and move the extra EB capacity to stock orders. Much easier to efficiently address constraints and not have to deal with irate customers.

I also the the market in general for the hybrid Maverick is naturally about 70-80%, and should probably be as much as 90%.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I also the the market in general for the hybrid Maverick is naturally about 70-80%, and should probably be as much as 90%.
Without the supply constraints there is little reason to not get a hybrid unless you want some option like AWD, 4K towing, or tremor which requires the EB engine.

If the 20% EB figure is anywhere near right then I am a bit surprised that it is not higher just because of the options that require it.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of orders for Ecoboost engines when there is no requirement for it. That must be a very small percentage of the orders.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they do... I would rather know.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think Ford's plan was to cut off retail orders well within their ability to produce and then backfill with dealer stock. Much easier to tell a dealer they only can get a few allocations than it is to (again) leave retail customers hanging. They could also more easily dictate what models and trims would be available.

But I also suspect the volume of orders they actually received blew their plan up in their face. They initially said dealers would get at least a week's warning before they closed the order book. They actually got a couple of days. I've seen guesses as high as 200,000 orders placed in the 5 days the book was open. I think it is a lot less than that, but still well above what Ford planned to build.

How Ford could not know that dealers had hundreds of 'pre-orders' just waiting to go in I have no idea. A simple email poll to dealers asking them that question would have been a simple way to get real numbers. Instead they have egg on their face. (Again)

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no way Long McArthur Ford gets over 600 Hybrid Mavericks built as 2023 models. I'm sorry, I love all that Tim does but this just seems very irresponsible. I also realize an order placed has an infinitely higher chance of being built than no order at all, but LM's Hybrid percentage is wayyy out of alignment with what Ford estimates they can actually build. I do suspect LM will be giving proper priority to existing customers so I don't think those folks have much to worry about, but those NEW orders placed at the 400, 500 or 600 mark (or later), I'm sorry, but no way customers will see those.
Since the sales mangers at LM discussed the same topic the guidance they were given was vague to non existent. The Region did not give an order cutoff number or ceiling. At the national Ford meeting the expectations were based on the last 12 months sales numbers. dealerships that take a conservative approach make less sales and earn less allocations.

Tim mentioned a key point. Ab original order's body and PEP codes cannot be changed. No mention about switching engines. he expects the 2.5 L to be balanced out with a back door plan to switch to the 2.0L Ecoboost and increase a person's chances of getting an MY23. Since 65% of build are projected to have 2.0 Ecoboost engines the future email instructions to increase a person's chances are a matter of not if, but when.
Sponsored