Sponsored

Locked in my price with a PURCHASE AGREEMENT today vs the PREVIEW ORDER - AVOID ADM fees.

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the hybrid delay, and all the bronco ADM fees dealers are adding, I originally had a PREVIEW order sheet that my dealer did with me on June 10th with a deposit...but according to forum members on the bronco site, they DO NOT have to honor that...so I went and told them I wanted a PURCHASE AGREEMENT to avoid any added bullshit costs (Additional dealer markup - ADM)

Ford Maverick Locked in my price with a PURCHASE AGREEMENT today vs the PREVIEW ORDER - AVOID ADM fees. maverickpurchaseagreement2
Sponsored

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
With the hybrid delay, and all the bronco ADM fees dealers are adding, I originally had a PREVIEW order sheet that my dealer did with me on June 10th with a deposit...but according to forum members on the bronco site, they DO NOT have to honor that...so I went and told them I wanted a PURCHASE AGREEMENT to avoid any added bullshit costs (Additional dealer markup - ADM)

maverickpurchaseagreement2.jpg
Way to CYA with paper. Glad you settled it. I still have those nightmares but I do have three emails that break the amount down to the penny.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim's video here states going back to dealer and get a "Signed Buyers Order" to protect yourself from bad dealers who are marking up custom orders when they arrive:

Your Vehicle Purchase Agreement is also a great option.

Dustykatt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F150 FX2, 2017 Honda Africa Twin
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

maverickpurchaseagreement2.jpg
Port Huron!!!! hell, I grew up in Marine City.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How exactly did you put it to them? "I think you're a bunch of scammers and I demand a signed purchase order!"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How exactly did you put it to them? "I think you're a bunch of scammers and I demand a signed purchase order!"
Basically....word for word. I said there are too many dishonest dealers adding ADM fees to vehicles, and for a piece of mind...I need a PURCHASE AGREEMENT.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you very much for sharing this and all the comments. I had already set up a meeting...now I know what to ask for. Lol

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Basically....word for word. I said there are too many dishonest dealers adding ADM fees to vehicles, and for a piece of mind...I need a PURCHASE AGREEMENT.
I my case I showed up and met with the fleet sales manager, whom I ordered from, and asked that now that I have a build date and a VIN number that I want a "Buyers Order" with all costs put on it that both I and the sales manager will sign.

Buyers Order was produced with the agreed terms from the signed DORA. Everything matched, nothing out of order, I signed, sales manager signed, dated. Both I and the dealership have copies.

Now that we have a signed agreement that I will purchase at the agreed price I am now in the process of selling my 2015 Honda Fit Ex to Carvana for $4000 over the best dealership trade-in offer. I would never do this unless I have a iron clad contract to buy the Maverick on delivery at the agreed upon price.

Last edited:
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has anyone here reported that a dealer added ADM to their Maverick order when the truck was delivered?

OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone here reported that a dealer added ADM to their Maverick order when the truck was delivered?
Not that I am aware of, but VERY few mavericks have been delivered, and with the hybrid delay shipment until at least january, Ford has already stated nearly ALL 2022 hybrid orders are full. Dealers EVERYWHERE are adding ADM fees to new vehicles, some are calling them "market value increases", some additional dealer markup...in any case, its best to CYA with a PURCHASE AGREEMENT. If you read any of the bronco posts, SOME dealers are CLEARLY saying they CAN add thousands, sometimes ten thousand dollars to a vehicle when people just have a "preview order"....as it is NOT a PURCHASE AGREEMENT.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not that I am aware of, but VERY few mavericks have been delivered, and with the hybrid delay shipment until at least january, Ford has already stated nearly ALL 2022 hybrid orders are full. Dealers EVERYWHERE are adding ADM fees to new vehicles, some are calling them "market value increases", some additional dealer markup...in any case, its best to CYA with a PURCHASE AGREEMENT. If you read any of the bronco posts, SOME dealers are CLEARLY saying they CAN add thousands, sometimes ten thousand dollars to a vehicle when people just have a "preview order"....as it is NOT a PURCHASE AGREEMENT.
I understand the concern, especially since it has actually been happening with Bronco orders. I was just curious if any Maverick owners had experienced it.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck is in route, so I went in this week and finalized everything. I did get a buyers agreement when I ordered, but I noticed there was no doc fee. So, I asked for one that will include everything for me to walk out the door. This time it did include the $399 doc fee, the tax and registration fee and MSRP was the same. Have 3 signatures on it, mine, salesman and sales manager. I already have the financial stuff approved. Told them I don’t want anything added, just the price of the truck and didn’t want to go through the finance guy asking me to add anything. I just want to inspect the truck, sign and roll.
Sponsored