Sponsored

"Limited Dealer Allocation" and preorder fees, for 2023?

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, a couple of FB groups keep having posts of dealerships charging $100 for a pre- order slot for Mavericks. When I called one of the people who paid it out, they said the dealerships were only getting "80 to 100" allocations for Maverick orders and something to the effect of them only entering those orders on 8/16.

Sounds like another sleazy dealership tactic to me, since we already know that allocations are pretty much dead and orders will be processed FIFO (first in, first out). But, there's a marginal chance that someone heard something different? Or that 2023 could end up selling out on opening day?

Mainly looking for rumor control here.
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It will never be a fully FIFO system. It's logistically impossible I'd wager. Maybe after region, parts on hand is inline maybe some dealer allocation verified they will be some FIFO considerations.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Already spoke to my local dealer, Lamoille Valley Ford, and they told me no fees, no money down, no dealer markup and the way it stands right now I will be paying $500 under MSRP. Sounds like OP needs to find a better dealer. Of course, I will be getting all this in writing, but that is the way it stands today.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Tim, the video guy recently pretty much confirmed that Fords letter wasn’t 100% true on FIFO, I believe he basically said it’s supposed to be FIFO per dealer ALLOCATION and parts availability. Ford is still screwing us

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And that carry over MY22 orders would be prioritized over MY23 orders, but I sure Ford will still use the allocations and parts availability to continue to bend us over

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make sure you find out how many allocations they have and where you would be in line when searching dealers, hopefully one that won’t bend you over and get all pricing etc in wrong signed by dealer and yourself, get a copy of that

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or buy something else. If Ford can't be bothered to fix this problem, why give them your money?

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not my dealer. I don't have one yet. Probably should find one, though...?
I would. Talk to the sales rep that handles Mavericks, get a feel for what he is about and how he conducts his business. Be ready to move and get that order in on the day they start accepting.

Due diligence is not always a guarantee things will work out, but not doing it is a guarantee things could go south. Good luck.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, a couple of FB groups keep having posts of dealerships charging $100 for a pre- order slot for Mavericks. When I called one of the people who paid it out, they said the dealerships were only getting "80 to 100" allocations for Maverick orders and something to the effect of them only entering those orders on 8/16.

Sounds like another sleazy dealership tactic to me, since we already know that allocations are pretty much dead and orders will be processed FIFO (first in, first out). But, there's a marginal chance that someone heard something different? Or that 2023 could end up selling out on opening day?

Mainly looking for rumor control here.
Haven't heard any info from Ford about 2023 Mavericks yet (I work at a dealership).
Getting in line for a 23 order is a good idea. Having to pay anything to get in line is a bad idea.
Sponsored