First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
93Nighthawk from SD posted a photo of a painting his mom made of his Maverick, stating that she knew he was proud of his truck. It triggered a thought that I thought I would share. Hopefully, we can take a moment to find something to smile about today. I spent 33 years as a pastor, dealing with people in times of sadness, but also in times of joy. I am almost 76 now and try my hardest to help someone smile each day by a compliment, joke or something, so here goes for today and it revolves around the Maverick.

First day of week – first day of New Year. Turmoil socially, politically, economically. Why not start off a New Year with something light-hearted for a moment, then if you want to get back to being negative, then OK. Before you even start with the criticism, I know IT IS JUST A TRUCK.

One of the happiest moments people have is when they find out they are going to be parents. When I found this site, I quickly noted how proud people are of their Mavericks and we can take the analogy and have fun for a minute. Note the following:
  • Once you know you are going to be a parent, you start doing things to get ready – pick out a name, get the room ready (garage, carport or driveway in this case), buy clothes (mods and gadgets in this case) and wait for the birth to occur. Most of the time it takes 9 months, give or take a couple of weeks, and that seems to be about average for bringing the Maverick home, although some are born early.
  • Pride sets in once you get the word it is time. Let’s go to the hospital. Once the dealer calls that your Maverick is there, the joy sets in. As with a newborn, you cannot bring it home immediately, but within a day or so (clean-up, service, etc.). Just like you cannot wait to see that new baby, you get excited waiting to see your new Maverick.
  • Once you leave the hospital (dealer), then it is show off time and picture taking time. See this forum if there is any doubt. Have you ever heard anyone say, “come see my ugly baby?” No, everyone thinks their baby is beautiful. So with the Maverick.
Now for the bad part. Some get disappointed because they cannot have a child (in this case order banks are closed) so they then decide to adopt. They start calling adoption agencies (dealers in this case) and the joy sets in when they find one for adoption, even though adoption fees have to be paid (market adjustments). Lastly for the worst part. Some even have a miscarriage (dealer loses their paperwork, or does not file the proper forms) and that produces sadness because no live birth of their Maverick.

Anyhow, smile today. And, yes Mr. Grouch, I know IT IS JUST A TRUCK.
Sponsored

bluedevilruss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche LTZ, XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the message J!

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
93Nighthawk from SD posted a photo of a painting his mom made of his Maverick, stating that she knew he was proud of his truck. It triggered a thought that I thought I would share. Hopefully, we can take a moment to find something to smile about today. I spent 33 years as a pastor, dealing with people in times of sadness, but also in times of joy. I am almost 76 now and try my hardest to help someone smile each day by a compliment, joke or something, so here goes for today and it revolves around the Maverick.

First day of week – first day of New Year. Turmoil socially, politically, economically. Why not start off a New Year with something light-hearted for a moment, then if you want to get back to being negative, then OK. Before you even start with the criticism, I know IT IS JUST A TRUCK.

One of the happiest moments people have is when they find out they are going to be parents. When I found this site, I quickly noted how proud people are of their Mavericks and we can take the analogy and have fun for a minute. Note the following:
  • Once you know you are going to be a parent, you start doing things to get ready – pick out a name, get the room ready (garage, carport or driveway in this case), buy clothes (mods and gadgets in this case) and wait for the birth to occur. Most of the time it takes 9 months, give or take a couple of weeks, and that seems to be about average for bringing the Maverick home, although some are born early.
  • Pride sets in once you get the word it is time. Let’s go to the hospital. Once the dealer calls that your Maverick is there, the joy sets in. As with a newborn, you cannot bring it home immediately, but within a day or so (clean-up, service, etc.). Just like you cannot wait to see that new baby, you get excited waiting to see your new Maverick.
  • Once you leave the hospital (dealer), then it is show off time and picture taking time. See this forum if there is any doubt. Have you ever heard anyone say, “come see my ugly baby?” No, everyone thinks their baby is beautiful. So with the Maverick.
Now for the bad part. Some get disappointed because they cannot have a child (in this case order banks are closed) so they then decide to adopt. They start calling adoption agencies (dealers in this case) and the joy sets in when they find one for adoption, even though adoption fees have to be paid (market adjustments). Lastly for the worst part. Some even have a miscarriage (dealer loses their paperwork, or does not file the proper forms) and that produces sadness because no live birth of their Maverick.

Very nice post, God Bless You!

I’m a proud adoptive owner of my Maverick. I missed the 2022MY order banks by a few weeks when I entered the market. After six weeks of diligent searching I found mine at a dealer 175 miles away.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

you forgot to mention about some dealership decided to pull the ADM B.S which makes bringing the baby home a little tougher.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JBryant love the thought and sentiment you put into this.
Looking forward to the day I can proudly post about my Maverick's arrival.
Happy New Year to you. May 2023 bless you in all the ways you've blessed others.

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like my truck more than my child!

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Shared this with my wife, who constantly teases me about spending time in the MTC forum... She thought it was funny - and quite "on point."

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jesse, I am glad that you enjoyed my post and it encouraged you to share your story. And you are right, waiting on a Maverick is like waiting for a baby. Very good analogy.

A little side note, my mom has been the organist at our church for the last 25 years. So it is kind of a small world after all. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jesse, I am glad that you enjoyed my post and it encouraged you to share your story. And you are right, waiting on a Maverick is like waiting for a baby. Very good analogy.

A little side note, my mom has been the organist at our church for the last 25 years. So it is kind of a small world after all. :)
You have that right my friend. There is not many days that go by that I do not connect with someone on this site where we have a common thread. I have met other retired pastors and a lot of Christian people. It helps to make up for those who do not mind their tongue, or just have to be negative about anything. Tell your mom hello from Texas and tell her I loved the painting. May God bless you and your family in this coming year.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of the happiest moments people have is when they find out they are going to be parents. When I found this site, I quickly noted how proud people are of their Mavericks and we can take the analogy and have fun for a minute.

Thanks for the analogy.

I have ordered the truck, hence have plans to increase the family, but have yet to hit the stage where I stock parts to mod the truck and whatnot. I just sit and wait for time to pass, birthing these Mavericks is much like waiting for an elephant to arrive.

When it finally arrives, make that if it arrives, I may post a proud picture but frankly if you have seen one beautiful HPR Maverick they are all about the same. Only after mods to they develop into individual rigs worth pictures.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very nice post, God Bless You!

I’m a proud adoptive owner of my Maverick. I missed the 2022MY order banks by a few weeks when I entered the market. After six weeks of diligent searching I found mine at a dealer 175 miles away.
I have been told since I was a kid, and think it is true. Adoptive parents love their adopted kids as much as if they had brought them into this world. Enjoy your Maverick while you enjoy the beautiful coast of Oregon.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been told since I was a kid, and think it is true. Adoptive parents love their adopted kids as much as if they had brought them into this world. Enjoy your Maverick while you enjoy the beautiful coast of Oregon.
Appreciate your reply but I don’t live anywhere near Oregon….. think you confused me with the other poster.

OP
OP

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate your reply but I don’t live anywhere near Oregon….. think you confused me with the other poster.
Sorry about that. Never did well in geography LOL. Looks like it is IN
Sponsored