Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ads show Maverick XLT w Towing Package towing a medium size travel trailer. Figuring in GVWR etc. if I bought a 3,000 travel trailer, 500 lbs for passengers, gas, would leave me approximately 1,000 lbs. leeway. Any informative comments welcome.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ads show Maverick XLT w Towing Package towing a medium size travel trailer. Figuring in GVWR etc. if I bought a 3,000 travel trailer, 500 lbs for passengers, gas, would leave me approximately 1,000 lbs. leeway. Any informative comments welcome.
search for the existing threads on here.. lots of info to answer your question (y)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Click on search icon in header and search "Trailer Towing" several threads already.
I think 3,000 for dry weight is a little too much. Your 1,000 leeway will disappear very quickly. Shoot for 2400 or less. I do think maverick will handle the 4k very well, however. Good luck.

OP
OP
Paulyz

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Click on search icon in header and search "Trailer Towing" several threads already.
I think 3,000 for dry weight is a little too much. Your 1,000 leeway will disappear very quickly. Shoot for 2400 or less. I do think maverick will handle the 4k very well, however. Good luck.
Thanks. I will have the 2.0L, XLT, with towing package though. That has the highest GVWR. I would leave water tanks empty & only have a few lawn chairs, small propane grill, blankets, pillows, cookware. I figured maybe 300 lbs. Think I would have enough leeway. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats very conservative IMHO unless you plan to overload the trailer with "stuff". I understand the hitch is rated for 500 pounds. I suspect Ford derated the towing capacity to give some room for error. I would consider 3000 the limit if you run dry (no water) and don't load over say 500-600 pounds of weight into the trailer...

OP
OP
Paulyz

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I appreciate you
Thats very conservative IMHO unless you plan to overload the trailer with "stuff". I understand the hitch is rated for 500 pounds. I suspect Ford derated the towing capacity to give some room for error. I would consider 3000 the limit if you run dry (no water) and don't load over say 500-600 pounds of weight into the trailer...
R o
search for the existing threads on here.. lots of info to answer your question (y)
I appreciate your opinion. 99% of the time I won't be towing, but B4 I purchase a 2.0L AWD w Towing Package, I want to have the option of taking some trips to National Parks. B4 Maverick came along I was planning on a Chevy Colorado or Ford Ranger. I like Mid-Size but like Mavericks AWD, size price & everything else. Even used Mid-Sized trucks with quite a lot of milage are much more than the Maverick. Tough decision.
Sponsored