Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
To me, it looks like lifting the truck has resulted in a degree of positive camber on the rear suspension, which I believe is a big reason things look "weird" (positive camber means the bottom of the tire is more tucked in than the top; negative camber is the opposite, the bottom of the tire is spaced further out than the top and generally looks more "planted"). Sure, spacers or lower offset wheels would help fill out the space better, but imho it would still look like something isn't quite right unless the camber was adjusted. I would guess this is only an issue on trucks that have independent rear suspension.
I lifted my Honda Ridgeline. No problems

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The spacer would be to make the wheels sit more flush. The sunk look it has right now isn't doing it for me.
Spacers can be dangerous. The local very experienced truck mod shop here wouldn’t install them on my Honda Ridgeline due to liability.

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spacers can be dangerous. The local very experienced truck mod shop here wouldn’t install them on my Honda Ridgeline due to liability.
I'm sure that was more of a liability thing. Idk, I've met some very experienced off-roaders who claim they're death traps, and other who actually run them and are absolutely fine. I've literally never met anyone who's had issues with them, both off-roading or street stance'd. It seems to be mostly wives tales, tbh. "I know someone who knows someone who's tires came off on the trail!" type stuff. Hub centric, installed properly, and maintained properly, I've never heard of anyone having any issues. Either way, with the kind of soft-roading I'll be doing in the Maverick, I'm sure it'll be totally fine.

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

jayrx7trbo2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 fx4 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me, it looks like lifting the truck has resulted in a degree of positive camber on the rear suspension, which I believe is a big reason things look "weird" (positive camber means the bottom of the tire is more tucked in than the top; negative camber is the opposite, the bottom of the tire is spaced further out than the top and generally looks more "planted"). Sure, spacers or lower offset wheels would help fill out the space better, but imho it would still look like something isn't quite right unless the camber was adjusted. I would guess this is only an issue on trucks that have independent rear suspension.
maybe it just came off the lift and suspension hasnt settled yet

dbnyr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Journey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any issues with front end noise? I have about 600 miles on my ReadyLift 1.5 and I am starting to hear and feel rattling and clunking going over even the smallest bumbs.