2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Finally got my lift kit, aftermarket wheels and tires installed this week, and I couldn't be happier with how great the truck looks. The more aggressive stance is exactly what I was looking for, and because the Eibach springs offer a 2-inch lift in the front and 1 inch in the rear, this kit levels the truck and offers increased front-bumper clearance/improved approach angle that is critical for my intended off-pavement uses.

I've posted a link to my YouTube video below, which has a lot of great info and some behind-the-scenes footage of the job being done at the shop. But I'll also share a summary and a bunch of photos here.

In terms of clearance, I went from 9 inches to 11 inches at the front bumper, from 11 inches to almost 13 inches along the side (centered between front and rear door) and from 15 inches to about 16.5 inches at the rear bumper. So, I think the end result was a full 2 inches in front and a bit more than an inch in the rear.

Also, when considering my clearance figures vs. stock, bear in mind the diameter of the Firestone tires I installed is 30.5 inches, compared to 28.5 inches for the Maverick OEM tires. So, that provides an extra inch of ride height ON TOP OF what the lift springs provide.

Enjoy the photos, and please LMK how she looks! Happy to answer any additional questions about the lift kit, installation, etc.

Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires Lifted-1

Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires Lifted-2

Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires Firestone-2

Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires zDestination Closeup.JPG

Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires Rear Wheel Closeup.JPG

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is outstanding. As a Cactus Gray FX4 owner I love the wheel tire combo with the lift!! Any rubbing issues? How’s your MPG’s after the mods? I’ve got the factory wildpeaks on mine and they seem like a great tire, well balanced for on road and off road. These have a much larger/fuller look, nice work OP!

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great! From my personal point of view, those wheels scare the hell out of me to try to keep clean. 😬 All those tiny openings around the outside give me nightmares. I don't have enough ambition to take the time to get in all those nooks and crannies. That aside, well done. (y)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking good- Lifted my FX4 With the H/R adventure springs with 245/65 AT's - Very similar end result clearance
Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires Lifted
to what you have done. I waited for the lift springs to come out as I did not want to go with spacer's- So far so good !

Sponsored

Kwanzaa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
No
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Ecoboost XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Build!

Does the spring lift change the angle of the CV joint and potentially cause additional wear or require grinding some of the shock body so the CV axle doesnt rub? or does it work functionally different than a spacer lift?

Also what splash guards are those?

thanks!

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice Build!

Does the spring lift change the angle of the CV joint and potentially cause additional wear or require grinding some of the shock body so the CV axle doesnt rub? or does it work functionally different than a spacer lift?

thanks!
Yes the spring lift will cause a more extreme CV angle but you should not have to grind the strut with the Eibach spring lift. I would anticipate accelerated CV wear on any lift for the Maverick unless it includes subframe spacers which would maintain the CV angles but ultimately negate some of the clearance you gain with a lift in the first place.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

thanks!
I'm gonna guess RokBlokz. Looks like the logo is there in black.

OPs pic blown up:
Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires IMG_2463

RokBlokz:
Ford Maverick LIFTED: Cactus Gray Maverick FX4 on 2" inch Eibach Springs w/ Fifteen52 Traverse MX Wheels and Firestone Destination AT 245/70/17 Tires IMG_2464

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is outstanding. As a Cactus Gray FX4 owner I love the wheel tire combo with the lift!! Any rubbing issues? How’s your MPG’s after the mods? I’ve got the factory wildpeaks on mine and they seem like a great tire, well balanced for on road and off road. These have a much larger/fuller look, nice work OP!
Thanks! Yes, I agree the Firestone's seem to have a bit of a "bubble" look on the sidewalls. Gives the truck an almost Tonka-like appearance, which I love. I think it is the fact that the 245/70/17s have a higher sidewall.

For example, if you are running the optional 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeaks on your Maverick, you have a 6-inch sidewall and an overall tire diameter of 29 inches. The 245/70/17 Firestone's I just put on have a 6.8-inch sidewall and an overall diameter of 30.5 inches. So, with the tires being 1.5 inches taller, that means I get three-quarters of an inch of added ride height compared to you just from the tires alone.

Too soon to comment on MPG, as I only had the lift less than a week so far. As for tire clearance, in the front the tires just barely clear the wheel well felt liner when turned all the way out and seem like they just barely graze it turned all the way in. I don't see it as much of an issue, because you are only driving with the wheel turned all the way when backing in and out of palces at very low speed. Plus, clearance should improve as tire tread wears.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looking good- Lifted my FX4 With the H/R adventure springs with 245/65 AT's - Very similar end result clearance
Lifted.jpg
to what you have done. I waited for the lift springs to come out as I did not want to go with spacer's- So far so good !
Looking good! I had upgraded from the stock Pirellis to 245/65/17 Cooper Discoverer ATs prior to getting the lift, but decided to go up one more size with the added clearance I was getting. It's amazing how different the new tires look thanks to an extra half inch of sidewall height and a full extra inch in overall tire diameter.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice Build!

thanks!
Two different questions really. A spring lift won't cause clearance issues between the strut and CV axle boot like a spacer lift can. So, no need for taking an angle grinder to the bottom of your strut if you go with a spring lift.

As for CV angle, however, a 2-inch lift is going to have the same impact regardless of your lift choice. Two inches is 2 inches, and if your truck is riding higher, your CV axles are going to have a more severe angle while driving. Now, it's still within the designed operating angle of the axle, but that doesn't mean prolonged/permanent operation at more severe angles won't cause added wear over time.

Bottom line: all else being equal, the CV axles on a lifted truck are likely to wear out sooner than the CV axles on a non-lifted vehicle. Still, in the real world all things are almost never equal, and YMMV based on driving conditions and driving habits.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love the look of raised white letter tires on the Maverick. My next set of tires on my Maverick will have them.
Sponsored