First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand there is a Ford Dealer Lifetime Powertrain offered at no charge that is valid as long as you personally own the vehicle. My Dealer is one that is touting this warranty.
I know there are a few dealers on this site, Grainger? Please elaborate on this warrantee, thanks.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Terry, the devil is in the details. Read the fine print before you decide, and remember, nothing in this old world is free.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know for a dealer I checked into once that you have to have all maintenance performed at the dealership, including recommended intervals, oil changes, etc.

With the cost of that versus doing things yourself (as my husband and I tend to do) it seems like it is only worth it if you were going to do that anyway.

Reactions: bgn

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know for a dealer I checked into once that you have to have all maintenance performed at the dealership, including recommended intervals, oil changes, etc.

With the cost of that versus doing things yourself (as my husband and I tend to do) it seems like it is only worth it if you were going to do that anyway.
Some work exactly that way, some will let you do maintenance if you keep receipts, some let you do maintenance with any certified mechanic. These are DEALER ONLY warranties, the manufacturers have nothing to do with them. I know, I worked at a dealer group that offered a “lifetime warranty”.
The reason they can do this is that the parts they warranty rarely break and it is a big draw for customers. If you are truly concerned about warranty, buy the real one from Ford. And no, I don’t work at a Ford dealer, I worked at a Subaru store.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand there is a Ford Dealer Lifetime Powertrain offered at no charge that is valid as long as you personally own the vehicle. My Dealer is one that is touting this warranty.
I know there are a few dealers on this site, Grainger? Please elaborate on this warrantee, thanks.
See my reply to SuckLemons

Sponsored

OP
OP
TerryE

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See my reply to SuckLemons
thanks for the reply, I have my current Caddie oil changes (all its life) with the dealer. They only charge $50 for a synthetic change, filter, and tire rotation. I have no problem with that price. Curious what this Dealer (Ford) will charge. We will see.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Lifetime warranty? Sure. Lifetime of the powertrain! Does anyone know if the coolant into #2 cylinder problem of the inline 4 turbos is really fixed?

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lifetime warranty? Sure. Lifetime of the powertrain! Does anyone know if the coolant into #2 cylinder problem of the inline 4 turbos is really fixed?
Yep, take a punch and divot along the crack and replace with a mls head gasket and arp head studs. Keep the boost below 6 psi and the coolant “should” stay out of the combustion chamber….

;-)

MikeYork5

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks for the reply, I have my current Caddie oil changes (all its life) with the dealer. They only charge $50 for a synthetic change, filter, and tire rotation. I have no problem with that price. Curious what this Dealer (Ford) will charge. We will see.
$50 for a
$50 for s SYNTHETIC oil change, filter, tire rotation is a BIG TIME loss leader at that price
Sponsored