Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
Step 1: “Wait What?” There’s a dedicated website/forum to Maverick owners/enthusiasts? WOW!! Gotta join now!!

Step 2: There is so much information here! I am learning so much!! Thanks everyone!

Step 3: “Uh Oh”……..is the Maverick a shit vehicle? Everyone complains about:

*Leaking gas tank (that’s an old one)

*Dead hybrids (that’s a new one)

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

Step 4: Find all sorts of new things/mods/add ons to put on/in your truck

Step 5: I really gotta stop spending so much time on MTC, it’s swallowing all my free time.

Step 6: Complain about your vehicle not being built yet

Step 7: Celebrate and announce to the MTC world your truck build has been scheduled

Step 8: Complain because they move it back, forward, back again and then forward

Step 9: Complain about the long shipping time. “I live in Texas, it’s built in Mexico, that should take about 12 hours, not 24 days to get to me!”

Step 10: Get vehicle but since the dealer didn’t polish your shoes too, start to complain.

Step 11: Start driving vehicle and tell everyone how great it is and you are having no problems.

Step 12: Time spent on MTC slowly dwindles as you tire of everyone doing exactly what you did.

How did I do?
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Step 1: “Wait What?” There’s a dedicated website/forum to Maverick owners/enthusiasts? WOW!! Gotta join now!!

Step 2: There is so much information here! I am learning so much!! Thanks everyone!

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

Step 5: I really gotta stop spending so much time on MTC, it’s swallowing all my free time.

Step 7: Celebrate and announce to the MTC world your truck build has been scheduled

Step 8: Complain because they move it back, forward, back again and then forward

Step 9: Complain about the long shipping time. “I live in Texas, it’s built in Mexico, that should take about 12 hours, not 24 days to get to me!”

Step 10: Get vehicle but since the dealer didn’t polish your shoes too, start to complain.

Step 11: Start driving vehicle and tell everyone how great it is and you are having no problems.

Step 12: Time spent on MTC slowly dwindles as you tire of everyone doing exactly what you did.

How did I do?
I have been stuck at #6 for way too long. I am sure excited about moving on to 7-12 at some point next year. 😁

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

How did I do?
Spot on! But, I'm still here 😁

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

How did I do?
I went thru steps 1, 2, 4, 5, 11 & 12. I would add a step about the ADMs. I went thru that step somewhere between 10 and 11.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Insert Complaint Here"; The OEM ford splash guards have a sharp edge on the surface that touches the truck... 2000 miles later there is worn paint all the way down that edge, down to bare metal in spots. Fortunately, Ford customer service opened a case for me and seems willing to help. We shall see what happens next.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds about right. Im at 6.5 months unscheduled but am enjoying my time and occasionally stirring the pot.

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Nail......Head....DIRECT HIT

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Couldn’t have said it better myself. I’ve been a lot less active since most of the unread posts are “where is my truck” and “this thing is broken”.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty good. I have noticed since late January that some posters are pretty much gone now. I think they got their truck and have moved on. I think that is only natural. I had a surgery in January and need one more, so unfortunately I have too much down time. This is sort of a pacifier as I wait for the ordered Mav and my next surgery. I hope some day that I will check in when I am looking for ideas for my Mav.

Sponsored

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First of all I love your post. 👍😎🤘 The only one that I myself would add I was promised my truck by Christmas 2021 not 2022 !!! So I'm wondering if Ford would except my bill for several Thousands of Dollar's since the Maverick gets 42 MPG and my Z 71 Silverado gets 17 MPG From Dec. 21 to when I get my Maverick ?🤔 Just a thought. LOL😲
Ford Maverick Life Cycle of a Mav Owner on MTC:   My Observations from Afar 20220113_200346

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

How did I do?
nailed it except i didn't do 6,7,8,9, or 10.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty good summary! I'm guilty of a just a couple of those. I find myself inching closer to step 12 myself. Repetitive threads have gotten a bit ridiculous. Seems folks are too lazy to search out one that is exactly the same topic they're about to start (and most of the time it's just to b*tch and moan).

Deleted member 14823

You should add an additional step after #6 which is to make a post announcing that you're "cancelling" the order out of frustration and convince everyone to buy a Santa Cruz.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

*Rattle in the dashboard

*Insert complaint here

How did I do?
The thread title got my close attention as I am 79😳! Do i need to worry about #16-20?
Sponsored