First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So on July 14th the lucky few of us who had mavericks scheduled for production got an email from Ford letting us know just how sorry they were for yet another day. We were told that we would be contacted "at least every 45 days". Well its August 25th, so on the 29th at 4:59pm Detroit time I imagine we will get the next email. What will be in it?

What will be inside?

1. "Empathy"
"We know how hard and frustrating this must be. We want you to know that we hear you and acknowledge your pain"

2. Self flaggelation
"Despite it all, we know how great this truck is and we know you will love it"

3. "We're so sorry"
The word "sorry" will appear at least three times.

What WON'T be in the email
1. Actual details or a timetable
"We think we will have the parts by the end of the month, and we hope to have your truck to you by next month."

2. Any admission of guilt or acknowlegement of how bad they messed up
"So in hindsight, maybe ceasing production orders with the, like, four computer chip factories on earth, leading us to have to go to the back of the line for new orders once COVID was done, was probably a bad call. That's on us, and we are sorry"

3. A discount
"In recognition of your astounding patience over the past 14 months, we would like to offer you an exclusive $1000 discount to show we are actually sorry."

I hope this helps the people writing the email. Also, if those people are reading this, I leave this clip of Bill Hicks for your listening pleasure:

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good idea Barry! Let's compare Ford's emails:

In Ford's email from Oct 21, 2021 that gave hybrid order holders the free FITS items: "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated."

Ford's email July 14, 2022: "We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days.”

Ford's email August 18, 2022: "We are fully committed to keeping you updated...

Ford sure likes the updated word even though their emails contain no real information that updates anything.

Fully committed updates should be more than generic references to supply chain shortages. Like what exactly is holding up your truck? How many of the same builds are ahead of you? Why does Ford let others with the same specs keep cutting in front of you?

I know 2 people who ordered a XLT hybrid, one on June 8 and the other June 17. This was right after launch way before the long line, but they are still waiting. That is so wrong. Neither has been "updated" as to why. It is the same as waiting in line at the grocery store while the manager blocks your cart letting other shoppers cut in front of you.

With all the backlog that cannot be built, accepting 2023 orders seems pointless and will likely upset a lot more people.

Here is CEO Farley's email if you want to ask him what is really going on. He probably will not answer but he should if he cared about the customer. If enough of us email him maybe he will be transparent. But he might be covering up the truth so the value of his Ford stock and options do not get hammered.

[email protected]

I would also contact every exec and board member listed on their website. There is even a descendant of Henry Ford that is on the Board. Alexandra Ford English is her name. She should be disgusted and embarrassed on behalf of Henry himself about the poor communication. https://www.bizjournals.com/bizwome...nglish-joins-ford-motor-company.html?page=all

You can also directly ask the official "Ford Motor Company" Truck Club account that usually only responds to happy posts on this site. Lets see if he or she answers. There is some Ford wizard behind the curtain that should be transparent, not hiding behind a MTC account. Maybe it is Farley himself having fun with an anonymous account.

As for 2023, for all we know there still might be 25-50k Mavs that get pushed to 2023MY. Now that millions more know about the Maverick (including thousands who will order 2 or 3 as flips), there are probably already 100,000 people waiting for the morning of Sept 15. My bet is 2023 MY orders will close in days, not months.

Sorry to say, the only real way for Ford to decrease demand from flippers, his own Ford dealers, Carvana, etc, who all add +$10-20k is - a huge factory price increase.

Last edited:

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So on July 14th the lucky few of us who had mavericks scheduled for production got an email from Ford letting us know just how sorry they were for yet another day. We were told that we would be contacted "at least every 45 days". Well its August 25th, so on the 29th at 4:59pm Detroit time I imagine we will get the next email. What will be in it?

What will be inside?

1. "Empathy"
"We know how hard and frustrating this must be. We want you to know that we hear you and acknowledge your pain"

2. Self flaggelation
"Despite it all, we know how great this truck is and we know you will love it"

3. "We're so sorry"
The word "sorry" will appear at least three times.

What WON'T be in the email
1. Actual details or a timetable
"We think we will have the parts by the end of the month, and we hope to have your truck to you by next month."

2. Any admission of guilt or acknowlegement of how bad they messed up
"So in hindsight, maybe ceasing production orders with the, like, four computer chip factories on earth, leading us to have to go to the back of the line for new orders once COVID was done, was probably a bad call. That's on us, and we are sorry"

3. A discount
"In recognition of your astounding patience over the past 14 months, we would like to offer you an exclusive $1000 discount to show we are actually sorry."

I hope this helps the people writing the email. Also, if those people are reading this, I leave this clip of Bill Hicks for your listening pleasure:

Yeah, their emails are so much fluff. Ya know, I know shit happens and times are weird but please just throw us a bone now and then. Pretend that you are just a bit sorry we're being put through such straits. And, more of them. I've received 3 notes in over 10 months .

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Dear Maverick order holders. You lucky devils. You've already missed 5 recalls. We understand you want a Maverick. But the longer you wait, the more recalls you'll miss! That's how we work at Ford - we're always thinking of what's best for you! While you're waiting, we'll be busy removing lots of content from your future Maverick and blaming it on our suppliers. Hey, it was only gonna break down the road anyway. We have your welfare first in our thoughts. Love Ya!, Ford."
Sponsored