XLT

A Dodge that drives Fords

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Trim
XLT
Has anybody thought about a performance chip. Always wanted to try one but don't know if they really work.

D K

XLT
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, M3, Corvette
Trim
XLT
As I mentioned in another thread, it will be interesting to see who is the first to drop in the 2.3 crank…..
15% bump in torque is a great way to start.

Reactions: Mav

DrDoom

XLT
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Trim
XLT
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m trying to map out my tune process. Going to keep this one simple. A tune, drop in filter, and possibly intercooler and downpipe. Looking for a 300hp+/300tq+ end result.
Im not new to turbos and cars. I’ve built a few and broken many.

Who are you guys going to for tunes when you get your Mavericks? What are you expecting as far as power?

please spare me the: “
I dOnT nEeD aNY mOrE pOweR thAn oEm… YoUr gUnNa bLoW yUr mOToR!”

Nobody needs that kind of negativity.
I have a 2016 Focus ST And I have RS Filter Box, a Mishimoto Intercooler and 3 inch Catback exhaust along with a Turbo Smart blow by valve. (The Blow By valve on the turbo is a cheap piece of plastic, rubber and a spring.) Also on the ST Ford added sound Imposer into the cabin (big joke) so I put sound imposer delete on, it frees-up space and decreases vacuum lose. Along with colder plugs. ST started with 253 hp and 273 lb torque, now I am getting 292 hp and 303 torque. This is without a tune. If you change your cold air Induction you will need to change the hot side and cold side pipes to and from the intercooler. You will also need a tune as you are changing the amount of air to fuel ratio. By changing the things I changed I increased my power without voiding my warranty. (also other than the exhaust I can put all the oem parts back on.) Ford only recognizes their performance tunes for warranty purposes.

Just remember the colder the air at the intake makes more power and less exhaust pressure lets the engine breath better.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Advertisement