First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question if anyone knows. I am 6’ 4” and really considering a Maverick since it’s costing me $90 a week to fill up my Ram. Is the Maverick going to be comfortable? I sat in a Ranger with the seat down and all the way back and it seemed ok, may go back and test drive it since they are “similar” in size. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out the photos section of this forum...there are some 6' 4" or taller who sat comfortably in the driver's seat.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think you'll find the legroom in the measurement below:

Ford Maverick Leg room for 6'4" Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 19.22.04

OP
OP

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Of note, inseam vs torso makes a big deal.

my father and I are 2inches different in height, I have a 33 inch inseam, his is 35. Before breaking my back I was 6’5.5 (call it 6’6) he was 6’8. Legroom for us is different, headroom is identical.

Sponsored

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Of note, inseam vs torso makes a big deal.

my father and I are 2inches different in height, I have a 33 inch inseam, his is 35. Before breaking my back I was 6’5.5 (call it 6’6) he was 6’8. Legroom for us is different, headroom is identical.
Obviously since you are here, you are buying a maverick? You are taller than me..(6'5) so I hope it works for you as well.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obviously since you are here, you are buying a maverick? You are taller than me..(6'5) so I hope it works for you as well.
I went with the powered front seats (they can be lowered more) and I am shorter from the waist up since I broke my back, but I believe I would have fit before. If you have not looked at the powered drivers seat, you may want to look at it. Also no moon roof for us

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the powered front seats (they can be lowered more) and I am shorter from the waist up since I broke my back, but I believe I would have fit before. If you have not looked at the powered drivers seat, you may want to look at it. Also no moon roof for us
Did you get to sit in one already? I had back surgery after getting rear ended in a small car. I went with the powered seat on my order and the Moonroof. I'm hoping I fit under the moonroof.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get to sit in one already? I went with the powered seat, but also opted for the Moonroof. I love having a moonroof, and don't have one on my current ride.
I just know we loose about an inch of headspace in the moonroof. I have sat in an equivalent, but am waiting on a demonstrator to be able to do a live comparison. Worse comes to worst though I can get my doc to write a script for a swing out drivers seat. A cheat I know, and would cost more than the Maverick. But then, my wheelchair costs more than the Maverick by about 8k (it is proof that wheelchairs cost TDM when a chair costs 35k)

Ford Maverick Leg room for 6'4" 10D414BB-313D-4665-A0AF-A92691EF72FA

Last edited:

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just know we loose about an inch of headspace in the moonroof. I have sat in an equivalent, but am waiting on a demonstrator to be able to do a live comparison. Worse comes to worst though I can get my doc to write a script for a swing out drivers seat. A cheat I know, and would cost more than the Maverick. But then, my wheelchair costs more than the Maverick by about 8k (it is proof that wheelchairs cost TDM when a chair costs 35k)
Gotta love how the medical industry finds a way to overcharge. I hope it all works out and it's a comfortable, safe vehicle for you!

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotta love how the medical industry finds a way to overcharge. I hope it all works out and it's a comfortable, safe vehicle for you!
One of my grandfathers was the first ever airborne combat dentist (WW2 airborne then Emory Dental School then back out to Korea)

I once accused him of becoming a dentist to make money. His response sticks to me today: “hell boy, if I wanted to make money I’d sell dental supplies” and then he showed me how much his medical grade plaster of Paris he used for tooth castings cost vs regular non algenated plaster of Paris. Now that was a money maker.

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Question if anyone knows. I am 6’ 4” and really considering a Maverick since it’s costing me $90 a week to fill up my Ram. Is the Maverick going to be comfortable? I sat in a Ranger with the seat down and all the way back and it seemed ok, may go back and test drive it since they are “similar” in size. Thoughts?
Check out this review by Doug DeMuro. He is also 6'4" and says it was surprisingly roomy, and he fit just fine.

OP
OP

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check out this review by Doug DeMuro. He is also 6'4" and says it was surprisingly roomy, and he fit just fine.
Thanks for the video!

Dan Glingsac

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
What do you mean by "went with the powered front seats"? Is that part of a package? I did not see that as an option

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you mean by "went with the powered front seats"? Is that part of a package? I did not see that as an option
Yes drivers 8 way powered front seat and passenger 6 way manual is part of one of the packages. The XLT Liz and is standard on the lariat IIRC.

what are luxuries for many, sadly are required when you have broken your back as I did. After 7 surgeries and with spinal lesions and stenosis present, I am still the best person to drive out of our group. We are a mess, but we are out there and want to keep making a difference.
Sponsored