First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Were you able to find the zip ties with the push-in trees for the larger holes on each side? I was able to find some for the smaller holes but the larger ones are like 1/2" and my push-in style ones are only made for 1/4" hole sizes. Currently both ends of my lights aren't completely flat against the wall due to not having found a solution for the 4 larger holes. Any tips are much appreciated & your install looks great!
I'm in the same boat; do you have a link or know what size that were used on the larger holes?
Mine didn't stick well to the Ford spray-in bedliner. The only "droop" I have is where the large holes are.
Sponsored

Jamers99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in the same boat; do you have a link or know what size that were used on the larger holes?
Mine didn't stick well to the Ford spray-in bedliner. The only "droop" I have is where the large holes are.
Can you provide a couple pictures so I can see what you are describing? Thanks.

Jamers99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know how to use this switch with this LED light kit? I can't seem to figure it out.

Ford Maverick LED light strips for Bed - Orientation Image 5-11-23 at 4.38 PM

TomMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know how to use this switch with this LED light kit? I can't seem to figure it out.

Image 5-11-23 at 4.38 PM.jpeg
I've used this exact switch and 3D printed one of the flex bed 12v plates to hold this switch and it works great with the amazon led bed light kit. If anyone is interested in the 3d printed 12v socket covers, I could possibly make a few runs of them. I'm happy to help.

TomMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've used this exact switch and 3D printed one of the flex bed 12v plates to hold this switch and it works great with the amazon led bed light kit. If anyone is interested in the 3d printed 12v socket covers, I could possibly make a few runs of them. I'm happy to help.
Ford Maverick LED light strips for Bed - Orientation 1700492386463

Sponsored

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TomMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks great! Your design?
Thanks, yes Me and a buddy of mine designed it from scratch using the factory cover. We made it a much tighter fit and a much more heavy duty/ thicker, and then added the ford and maverick logos lol.

TomMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, yes Me and a buddy of mine designed it from scratch using the factory cover. We made it a much tighter fit and a much more heavy duty/ thicker, and then added the ford and maverick logos lol.
This is actually still a picture of our 2nd prototype. We have since made a few more that look better and are even more heavy duty. We plan on making a few more with glow in the dark filament and different materials to see what works best. We added gusseting and a better catch on the bottom, got rid of the back plug for the 12v connector so a flush fit can be made with the switch, as well as making the clip better for your finger to get it on and off. We are also working on making a small detent for the oring to seat in the cover.

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is actually still a picture of our 2nd prototype. We have since made a few more that look better and are even more heavy duty. We plan on making a few more with glow in the dark filament and different materials to see what works best. We added gusseting and a better catch on the bottom, got rid of the back plug for the 12v connector so a flush fit can be made with the switch, as well as making the clip better for your finger to get it on and off. We are also working on making a small detent for the oring to seat in the cover.
Awesome work!

Sponsored
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The link below. Cut them to fit (and caulked the cut end). Then tapped into the bed lights with posi-taps, so they come on and off with the factory lights and key fob

Can you use your lights immediately after turning off the Maverick ? I can't.

Bruce W

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Latiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When installing LED light strips for the bed on each side, how should you orient the LEDs ? Downward/Vertical or Horizontal/Facing opposite bed side ?

Thank you for all of your help.
Mounted mine facing down on the bottom of the cargo hook rail.

Ford Maverick LED light strips for Bed - Orientation image

TomMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL 2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mounted mine facing down on the bottom of the cargo hook rail.

image.jpg
Yes, I can turn them on even when truck is off. There is a voltage threshold/time allowance though for how long they can be on or be turned on after turning off the truck etc.. I think having the switch in the 12v cover makes things look very clean. I like the install for under the rail BTW! I wrapped all of my wiring with fabric tape to look factory as possible as well. Once I have everything buttoned up I'm happy to take photos or answer any questions about wiring, install, wire routing etc.. And for what it's worth we can also make custom logos or names etc on the covers if anyone is interested.
Sponsored