Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Make sure to get one with a resistor to match the haologen bulb resistance or it will likley trigger a bulb fault in the computer if it monitors backup lights. Learned this the hard way when I tried to replace my Focus brake light bulb with regular LED.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the reference! Sharing this kind of info is one of the best parts of this forum.

Yeah, I'm going to wait a bit on these though. It is something I'll eventually want to do, but not going to early adopt on this until we see how things go. Don't want any electrical system gremlins being denied warranty because Ford claims I did it with LED mod.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our Genesis and Forte are both running aftermarket LED reverse lights, both 921. I've put them in several cars. Only the Germans have monitored reverse lamp function via computer, so you don't need to worry with resistors - and you don't have to worry about warranty denials.

The WT21W is an odd bulb, and currently there is only one game in town and that is this one:

https://allalighting.com/products/w...rse-lights-bulbs-for-2020-ford-f150-f250-f350

Lots of people on the F-series forums put these in their trucks right away and love them. I'll be doing this to mine immediately.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our Genesis and Forte are both running aftermarket LED reverse lights, both 921. I've put them in several cars. Only the Germans have monitored reverse lamp function via computer, so you don't need to worry with resistors - and you don't have to worry about warranty denials.

The WT21W is an odd bulb, and currently there is only one game in town and that is this one:

https://allalighting.com/products/w...rse-lights-bulbs-for-2020-ford-f150-f250-f350

Lots of people on the F-series forums put these in their trucks right away and love them. I'll be doing this to mine immediately.
I agree no computer concerns on backup lights or the two high mounted bed lights. I have already purchased both.

Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree no computer concerns on backup lights or the two high mounted bed lights. I have already purchased both.
Where did you get your bulbs from?
Is the reverse lamp output that bad from the factory?

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where did you get your bulbs from?
Is the reverse lamp output that bad from the factory?
AMAZON and the stock incandescent bulbs look yellow. I hate them. I like the super bright led xenon white.

OP
OP
VetteNZMan

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the responses. Just ordered 3 sets: my father in law, a coworker and myself all have Mavs on order - Ford should pay me! Per the other comments and I think I noted before, have tried to update LEDs in ALL locations on 4 other vehicles with mixed results: '00 C5 Vette - will hyper flash on hazards as there is no new flash module installed like on the regular turn signals, really "noisy" power chips on these kills radio reception with C5 ant location and lack of GND; '87 Ranger only issue is some strange flasher relay oscillation with headlights on but turn lights do not flash and it's intermittent; '05 Camry repeated LED headlight failures; '14 Hyundai SUV - no option to change flash unit that I have found so ONLY updated rear turns / brakes and some level of hyper flash to deal with always, short life of LED headlights. So overall I have mixed feeling about after market LEDs from 4 vehicles so far. Maybe better options off of Amazon. The backup lights had the BEST results of all locations changed to LED.

BilesSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Sport
Diode dynamics is the best when it comes to that. They have what you need for everything

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LED headlight retrofitting is just not worth it, IMO.

If you want the best LED turn signals that will not hyperflash and will not require resistors, you need LASFIT ones. There should be some for your Hyundai (we have them in the Genesis and Forte as well) - they are CANBUS friendly and have built in resistors. They work flawlessly and no splicing or extra parts required, simply plug and play.

It remains to be seen what we can do for the Maverick, as Ford took the cheap route and made the brake and turn signal lights the same. That complicates things a bit in terms of aftermarket LEDs.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Amazon usually has free shipping next-day shipping in most major cities for this item and free returns for the same price, a little less risk.
LED headlight retrofitting is just not worth it, IMO.
We have LED headlights factory, its backup lights he's asking about.

I put aftermarket LED ones in my Ram and they are crazy bright!

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon usually has free shipping next-day shipping in most major cities for this item and free returns for the same price, a little less risk.

We have LED headlights factory, its backup lights he's asking about.

I put aftermarket LED ones in my Ram and they are crazy bright!
So do we know that amazon WT21W bulb will fit on the Maverick? How difficult is the job? I just got mine last week and the MOST disappointing feature is the backup cam at night, I mean it is simply terrible.

Headdead

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So do we know that amazon WT21W bulb will fit on the Maverick? How difficult is the job? I just got mine last week and the MOST disappointing feature is the backup cam at night, I mean it is simply terrible.
I agree. The backup lights are bad. I just ordered the WT21W bulbs from Amazon, will install Saturday.
Update: WT21W leds easily fit in the middle (backup taillight) socket. They do NOT throw codes and do not need resistors. (For grins I also tried them in the upper and lower stop/turn signal sockets and they worked perfectly there as well)

Last edited:

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've learned the hard way, $$$ TO NOT trust the manual or the internet :eek: .
I'll be waiting till ours get here so I can take the bulb OUT and check the # on it (y)

Pg 314 of the owners manual says 2 bolts.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Diode dynamics is the best when it comes to that. They have what you need for everything
They are my go to dealer for LED's. I was just on their site and they haven't come up with anything for the Maverick yet.
Sponsored