First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know how many of the outstanding orders are rollovers from 22 and 23?
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Keep in mind that just because 77% of the total outstanding orders in the order bank are hybrids, doesn’t mean that there have been more hybrids ordered than can be built. The capacity for Ford to build hybrids is 55% of their annual production capacity. If annual total production capacity is 100k that means 55k hybrids can be built this model year. I don’t believe there have been anywhere near 55k hybrids ordered. And I believe the total production capacity is actually greater than 100k. I just don’t remember the number that @fordvideoguy has quoted on his YouTube broadcasts. The same math/logic applies to XLs. I’m not sure which one you are ordering but I believe the fordvideoguy also said all XLs should be able to be built this model year too.
Production is about 10k units a month. So with 77% of the 36k orders unscheduled are hybrid, so 27,720 are hybrids. If they can produce 5500 hybrids a month then it will take 5 months to schedule them all. They have not started scheduling for 2024 calendar year yet. So in theory they should get all the hybrids produced by mid May.

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Keep in mind that just because 77% of the total outstanding orders in the order bank are hybrids, doesn’t mean that there have been more hybrids ordered than can be built. The capacity for Ford to build hybrids is 55% of their annual production capacity. If annual total production capacity is 100k that means 55k hybrids can be built this model year. I don’t believe there have been anywhere near 55k hybrids ordered. And I believe the total production capacity is actually greater than 100k. I just don’t remember the number that @fordvideoguy has quoted on his YouTube broadcasts. The same math/logic applies to XLs. I’m not sure which one you are ordering but I believe the fordvideoguy also said all XLs should be able to be built this model year too.
The only way every order gets built is for Ford to review the orders that repeatedly gets passed over for scheduling and recommend the changes necessary to get the order scheduled. Oh, and bypass the dealer allocation system so that orders placed over 2 years ago get scheduled. The math is irrelevant with the current scheduling and allocation systems.

Dataman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 & CX30
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered a MY24 XL EB with hitch and co-pilot 360 on Zplan on 7-24-23. Been thinking about upgrading to XLT to increase my chances of getting sooner. Based on the report posted seems like it might be a good move. But other comments here lead me to believe it should be built by say March which I can live with. I don’t need the other extras that XLT gives but the extra cost isn’t a big factor. But if it means getting it vs maybe not…….thoughts?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a MY24 XL EB with hitch and co-pilot 360 on Zplan on 7-24-23. Been thinking about upgrading to XLT to increase my chances of getting sooner. Based on the report posted seems like it might be a good move. But other comments here lead me to believe it should be built by say March which I can live with. I don’t need the other extras that XLT gives but the extra cost isn’t a big factor. But if it means getting it vs maybe not…….thoughts?
That was my thought process last year when I ordered my hybrid. I kind of wanted the XL just to get an inexpensive Maverick. Based on the discussions on here about how many XLs, XLTs and Lariats Ford was going to build, I ended up ordering an XLT to have a better chance of getting it. It still took over 12 months to get built and I just picked it up 2 weeks ago.

Sponsored

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't forget, that's going to depend on your dealer's allocations too. If they have no 1) rollover XL orders and 2) few to no other new XL orders, you're more likely to get it sooner than later. But if that's a bulk of what they have remaining in their orders, then you could be waiting quite a while. There are certainly dealers with a big line of XL orders that are going to take several months to be scheduled just due to their number of allocations.

itzyoboipaul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That was my thought process last year when I ordered my hybrid. I kind of wanted the XL just to get an inexpensive Maverick. Based on the discussions on here about how many XLs, XLTs and Lariats Ford was going to build, I ended up ordering an XLT to have a better chance of getting it. It still took over 12 months to get built and I just picked it up 2 weeks ago.
When the Sept 2022 banks opened, i orders 2 XL Hybrids from two different dealerships. 6 months of no news, I had one of them changed to XLT. The XLT got built end of July 2023. The XL hybrid is still unscheduled clean

N&B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
N&B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mitsu Outlander GT PHEV, 89 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really appreciate this explanation because we were afraid our '24 Lariat hybrid wouldn't be built till late next year!

cosmo67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really appreciate this explanation because we were afraid our '24 Lariat hybrid wouldn't be built till late next year!
When did you order your 2024 Lariat hybrid? I ordered mine last Saturday (10/28/23). I was talking with a dealership and was told that I should have delivery of mine by February 2024. I had originally added the protective film on good and fenders to my build, but removed it because the dealership said it was on backorder. I saw somewhere on here that splash guards are also on the constraints list. Wondering if I should have the dealership install them after delivery as well?

Reactions: N&B

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When did you order your 2024 Lariat hybrid? I ordered mine last Saturday (10/28/23). I was talking with a dealership and was told that I should have delivery of mine by February 2024. I had originally added the protective film on good and fenders to my build, but removed it because the dealership said it was on backorder. I saw somewhere on here that splash guards are also on the constraints list. Wondering if I should have the dealership install them after delivery as well?
Having the mud flags added by your dealer afterward will definitely help your chances of getting scheduled quicker.

As far as February - that is probably early unless you're the only hybrid Lariat at your dealership. If you are, if the dealership has an allocation for that bulid next scheduling day (next Thursday for January), and if Ford is making hybrid Lariats in January, then there is a chance you could be bulit and shipped by Feburary.

Crazier things have happened this year though - we've had a few folks scheduled just a week or two after ordering this fall whose Mavericks are already on the way or will be shortly.

Sponsored

N&B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
N&B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8/19/23: ordered Lariat hybrid w/ moon roof & folding tonneau; 9/9/23: added BAP; order & update emails from Ford: 8/19 & 10/9; no build date yet
We ordered ours from a small-town upstate-NY dealer, so I'm guessing we don't have much priority.
Looks to me from other posts that removing the splash guards is a good idea. You can always add them after at the dealer as you said.

N&B

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
N&B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having the mud flags added by your dealer afterward will definitely help your chances of getting scheduled quicker.

As far as February - that is probably early unless you're the only hybrid Lariat at your dealership. If you are, if the dealership has an allocation for that bulid next scheduling day (next Thursday for January), and if Ford is making hybrid Lariats in January, then there is a chance you could be bulit and shipped by Feburary.

Crazier things have happened this year though - we've had a few folks scheduled just a week or two after ordering this fall whose Mavericks are already on the way or will be shortly.
I've seen varying Lariat quick builds here too, and we're pretty sure we're the only Lariat the dealer put in (need to check in with them). Of course, our dealer is in a small town in upstate NY, so I'm guessing we don't have much priority. They're a huge multi-brand dealer around Binghamton, NY, and a very popular Ford dealer in Norwich, NY, so who knows? Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited:

Bohefus

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat BAP, 2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me too. Lack of 4K kinda limits what could be a great all around truck. Now if they made a hybrid AWD 4K Tremor, that would be popular and maybe worth some extra dough! We can dream. ;)
Agreed, I really like the look of the tremor but I want the ability to tow 4k.

Thundercougarfalconbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've seen varying Lariat quick builds here too, and we're pretty sure we're the only Lariat the dealer put in (need to check in with them). Of course, our dealer is in a small town in upstate NY, so I'm guessing we don't have much priority. They're a huge multi-brand dealer around Binghamton, NY, and a very popular Ford dealer in Norwich, NY, so who knows? Fingers crossed!!!
You never know! I moved out of the Capital Region a few years ago but considered ordering from a dealership out there now that I'm in the Boston area where many dealers had no 24 allocations left due to rollovers. However, I was able to find a dealership out in Cape Cod that, even though being a smaller dealership, was getting 3-5 Mavericks a month and had a half dozen new order hybrid allocations for the year. They were able to get through their rollovers quickly and I was able to get a December build date - so smaller dealerships aren't necesssarily held back by allocations.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We were told this week that our 24 Lariat Hybrid in Terrain should be at the dealership Nov 21-27th. Only option was moon roof and dealer installed keypad. It was a 23-24 rollover scheduled for Oct 16th then moved to Oct 23rd. In production on Oct 25th with VIN, Window sticker and modules live. Was told by Ford chat that it came back from body company on Oct 27th. Hoping for a prompt shipment.
Sponsored