Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
With the confusion with which drive modes particular packages will add or subtract are we to assume that If we get something without slippery/snow that normal will just handle this situation on demand ?
The owners manual says that mud/ruts mode "may help get your vehicle unstuck from deep snow or sand." But for Sand mode it says "Do not use on firm, slippery surfaces, such as paved roads covered with snow or ice or driving on packed snow. For slippery, firm surfaces use slippery mode." That last sentence implies that every model is equipped with a slippery drive mode, which does not align with the 2 most recent order guides.

I wish someone was able to actually see what an FX4 equipped Maverick has for drive modes... Ford obviously knows what they will have because they're producing them lol

Ideally I wish they would just leave all the standard drive modes and add an "off-road" mode that's a hybrid of the mud/ruts and sand modes...
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The owners manual says that mud/ruts mode "may help get your vehicle unstuck from deep snow or sand." But for Sand mode it says "Do not use on firm, slippery surfaces, such as paved roads covered with snow or ice or driving on packed snow. For slippery, firm surfaces use slippery mode." That last sentence implies that every model is equipped with a slippery drive mode, which does not align with the 2 most recent order guides.

I wish someone was able to actually see what an FX4 equipped Maverick has for drive modes... Ford obviously knows what they will have because they're producing them lol

Ideally I wish they would just leave all the standard drive modes and add an "off-road" mode that's a hybrid of the mud/ruts and sand modes...
Exactly- Looks like some folks will be receiving vehicles next week- Hopefully we can then solve this annoying mystery... And a silly question, what will it take to get the truck into AWD while reversing ?

Last edited:

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone explain why Tim from Long McCarthur was frustrated about people posting the ordering guides online? He seemed to imply that it was too much information for people to handle.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Can someone explain why Tim from Long McCarthur was frustrated about people posting the ordering guides online? He seemed to imply that it was too much information for people to handle.
Ford doesn't want the info made public.

Sponsored

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always wondered how many of the 100,000 reservations were actually made into orders. This is the first time I saw an actual number of orders. Thanks

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Latest order guide (11/10/21) added to the first post.
What's interesting is it does show the change to drop in bedliner on the XLT Luxury Package, but it keeps the spray in on the Lariat Luxury. Also, spray in is still available on all trims as an option.

Not sure what to make of all that. Maybe it was just a financial decision to change to drop in XLT Luxury? Or, if it is a labor issue as some have speculated, the XLT Luxury Package is probably the biggest driver to the spray in at the factory. Drop it from there and make a huge dent in the production backup.

All very interesting. Thank you for posting!!

otter101

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick XLT Lux, Nissan, Honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found the new ordering guide very interesting. My dealer told me that the leather wrapped heated steering wheel was no longer available, I see it is still included as of 11/10/21. I see that the spray-in liner has been removed and been replaced with the drop-in as been discussed here in the forums. I think I'll be calling my dealer to confirm. How do you log in to the ford source book? I'm sure you can find answers in that. So we ordered a Hybrid XLT with the Lux package, per the order guide the Lux package has changed its code its now a 54B it was 54L and before that 54L. One of the reasons they gave me was ford had a new package that included the drop in instead of the spray on, and they could not check the old version of the lux package.

Last edited:

DaleB

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge journey
Are we sure ? Seems like one package would over ride the other in regards to modes - I mean what's the max # of modes - probably need to see a more indepth technical document.
I ordered AWD with 4k tow. My thinking is 4wd and AWD or pretty much the same. Names on selector may be called differently. But I'm pretty sure transmission will act the same. All I lost was skid plates and hooks. Skid plates can be added aftermarket if necessary

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's interesting is it does show the change to drop in bedliner on the XLT Luxury Package, but it keeps the spray in on the Lariat Luxury. Also, spray in is still available on all trims as an option.

Not sure what to make of all that. Maybe it was just a financial decision to change to drop in XLT Luxury? Or, if it is a labor issue as some have speculated, the XLT Luxury Package is probably the biggest driver to the spray in at the factory. Drop it from there and make a huge dent in the production backup.

All very interesting. Thank you for posting!!
I too wonder about this. Does it mean only for new orders? Or are the spray-in being dropped for all people, like me waiting to be scheduled? Or am I safe in getting my spray-in?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the problem I see with using your phone. I have T-Mobile as well and I can tell you in NC especially in the rural areas or in the mountains coverage is spotty as best. If you live in a city no problem. Guess it's time to haul out my old Garmin as well and update the maps. At least I'll keep it in the truck in case I lose coverage.
You can use a Garmin, yes. You could also just download the areas that you need in Google maps and use wifi only mode. I download DFW, Austin, Dan Antonio, and Houston Texas and that covers me. In the off chance that I'm going to go someplace else i can download ahead of time. 👍👍

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
2.0L EcoBoost® Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic AWD ----- 10 speed trans ? Whats the story? I like my Mustang's 10 speed! Fact or future item? Page 17 latest add. Still doing this under FUEL ECONOMY Future item?

Last edited:

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Ford doesn't want the info made public.
Any competent salesperson will let a prospective buyer see it. Dumb dealers won't. A smart consumer wants all info when going to order. Not supplying it is stupid! Rarely do salespeople know more about the vehicle than I will. I've been at new car intros for the sales people, and many of the salespeople could care less. They might as well be selling refrigerators!
Sponsored