bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the info, extremely helpful. I just have never found Waze to be useful but I haven't sat down and played with it enough I guess. I have Navigation in all of my vehicles and have never needed it. I have a Garmin GPS I was going to use as it has free map updates for life so It's alway current.

As for the wireless charger, can the phone be charging and still on the cplay2air? I typically don't need to charge but you never know. Does the iPhone battery drain using CarPlay? If so, I may need to charge.

Not sure what you meant by magnetic holder near the dash and get map on 8" and turn by turn and directions on iPhone. What type of magnetic mount do you use and where do you have to position it? Never used a magnetic mount before. So the vehicle 8" will only have the map and the sounds and directions come from phone and not through the vehicle?
I use an iomount https://www.iomounts.com/ to mount my phone in my car. Although there are many others on the market. The only thing on the phone is a small metal plate stuck to the back of the case of my phone.

In the photos attached you can see the holder location in the car. I also have one with the phone in full navigation mode in waze with map on the screen and turn by turn on the phone and then you can also have turn by turn on the phone and another app, like spotify open on car screen.

Also, my apologies for the dust on everything. I swear I'll clean it one of these days. :)

Ford Maverick Latest 2022 Ford Maverick Order Guide - U.S. & Canada IMG_1618.JPG

Ford Maverick Latest 2022 Ford Maverick Order Guide - U.S. & Canada IMG_1386

Ford Maverick Latest 2022 Ford Maverick Order Guide - U.S. & Canada IMG_1387
Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apple Carplay question, I plan on streaming Sirius/XM but can I stream that and use Google Maps or Waze at the same time? Not a big deal because I rarely use navigation and have Garmin as back up

LDProductions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Ford Escape
Apple Carplay question, I plan on streaming Sirius/XM but can I stream that and use Google Maps or Waze at the same time? Not a big deal because I rarely use navigation and have Garmin as back up
If it works the same way that it works in my wife's '17 Escape (not sure why it wouldn't) then yes. You can stream music from anything on your phone that has a corresponding app in CarPlay (including Sirius or Spotify) and use Google Maps at the same time. It's basically like having a pared down version of the iPhone right in your dash. Android Auto works similarly.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks LDProductions, my wifeā€™s X3 has Apple Carplay but I never drive it and she doesnā€™t use it. My BMW is a 2014 and the head unit didnā€™t support it. Spend $27K and get to use it and spend $50K and SOL.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure 73 qualifies as senior! šŸ˜‚
Iā€™m happy with my Verizon service for now, so Iā€™ll probably just use my old Garmin GPS with Lifetime Maps in the Maverick. I usually travel in my Subaru Outback anyway.
Be 73 by the time the Maverick gets here.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The latest CANADA order guide (8/16/21) has been added to the first post. We'll continue updating both N. American versions in this thread.

millertyme15

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano, Chrysler 200, Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, they both work at the same time. Play your Sirius/XM music while Maps is running. When Maps wants to tell you when to turn, it will decrease the sound of the music and speak over it. Then the music will come back after the nav instruction. Works very good.

Sponsored
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Understood, but I wonder how that would affect people like me with small data plans. I typically use WiFi, so I can easily get by with a less expensive 2Gb data plan. Having to use my phone for navigation would obviously use dataā€¦ I just donā€™t know how much that would affect me.

GPS isn't data though. You would use data when searching and loading the map (which in fact uses very little data, and you can do before leaving home for a big trip etc) but the physical turn by turn GPS navigation on the phone is not data usage. You can do a quick google search for data usage used during navigation and should be able to find a good breakdown of it. Hope that helps

Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Would love to see cruise control on the XL Hybrid model! Would upgrade if added to the options!

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
I've ordered a Lariat First Edition Hybrid. Has anybody heard anything about anticipated build dates for the First Editions? I know Ford's focusing on 2.0s, but I just don't recall hearing anything about anticipated build dates for First Editions.

Does anybody happen to have a build date for a First Edition? (Looking at the spreadsheet, it doesn't appear any First Editions have build dates, but I could have overlooked something."

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First post updated with the latest CANADA order guide (9/15/21).

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would love to see cruise control on the XL Hybrid model! Would upgrade if added to the options!
If I could add cruise as an option like the Ranger ($1,135) to an XL Eco Boost with AWD I'd be set. Naturally, cruise is standard on the XLT (equipment group 300A).
Sponsored