Sponsored

[Lariat] To FX4 or to not FX4, that is the question...

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last week I had my dealer order a Maverick Lariat Luxury + 4k tow build, with "black painted wheels" for an extra $795 or so. I'm not a fan of the wheel options on the Lariat, now I'm wondering if I should have them change the upgraded wheel to the FX4 package. Realistically, this truck would NEVER go "true" off-road - it may see grass/gravel a few times a year. We do get a lot of snow around here, still debating dedicated snow tires.

Not sure I'd want to lose the Eco/Sport modes, and the skid plates would be annoying for oil changes...

I know I could sell the Lariat 18" wheels and get aftermarket, but not sure I want to do that kind of extra work.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you are in love with the FX4 Wheels I would pass on the FX4 package an and just change them out at some time in the future. Will have a much bigger selection to choose from that way and its $795 less you are financing for 5 year's. I have the XLT, lux package and like the look for the rims, but when its time for new tires, I'm looking at the BF Trail terrains and may get new rims at that time.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I'd pass. You don't sound like you're fully convinced/in love with the FX4 package, let alone the wheels, so why bother? Besides, if the truck is never going to really go off road, you don't need it.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
FX4 is a great value for XLT but a lot of the individual options the FX4 has are already included with Lariat Lux.

I would just try trading the Lariat wheels for FX4 wheels.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I would do it because you already upgraded to the $795 wheels, why not get everything else included in the FX4 package? Black wheels, underbody armor, upgraded cooling system, upgraded dash, and a cool ass sticker;)

Seems like an easy decision to make.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you got the Tow package the 17" machined face wheels with the 235 Falkens is also an option. Or upgrade to the First Edition (though you'd lose the HPR color) and you can get the FX4 rims also with Falkens.

OP
OP
MikeyCNY

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@MAVRICK posted some great information on the tires here:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-effect-mpg-hybrid-powertrain.4243/post-91357

And I forget where I read it on this forum, but one member drove an FX4 and non-FX4 (one after the other) and much preferred the softer ride of the non-FX4. From looking at the TireRack reviews, the Michelin Primacy All Seasons don't appear to be too bad - might still be worth getting a set of dedicated snow tires but we'll see.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Get what you want

OP
OP
MikeyCNY

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
If you think the truck will ever see dirt than get the FX4 pack. The manual clearly states that any off-road usage voids warranty related issues if you don’t have the FX4 pack. Not sure how they can prove one way or another but it’s better to have the peace of mind 😅

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I got the FX4 package primarily for the wheels and the larger productivity screen. I believe the larger productivity screen is standard on the Lariat. In winter climate areas I find these off road packages help with resale as well.

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
I walked away from a Lariat with out the FX4 package and ordered one with it.
For me it was non optional.
Sponsored